How do the Thais view Japanese/Koreans?

hellohello123

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of Thais are descendants of the japanese ,during the second world war when the jap soldiers where in Thailand thai woman where kept as sex slaves for their troops.

I don't think that is true. But you can provide a link if you can find one. Mostly the so called comfort women were from Korea. I believe the Thai women worked in bar/brothels and got paid.

You also might want to investigate the fact that an equivalent amount of American men were in Thailand and compare the number of marriages. I believe there is only one case of a Japanese man marrying a Thai woman and thousands of American/Thai marriages.

[/quoteSo can you provide us with a link proving me wrong and proving you right?

You want me to prove a negative? Lemme tell you how it works. You make the claim you prove it. I am not required to prove your statements. 1. Estimates vary as to how many comfort women were involved, with numbers ranging from as low as 20,000 to as high as 200,000, or even as many as 360,000 to 410,000 but the exact numbers are still being researched and debated. Many of the women were from occupied countries, including Korea, China, and the Philippines, although women from Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and other Japanese-occupied territories were used for military "comfort stations". Stations were located in Japan, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, then Malaya, Thailand, Burma, New Guinea, Hong Kong, Macau, and French Indochina. A smaller number of women of European origin from the Netherlands and Australia were also involved.

Thailand was an ally of Japan not an occupied territory. About 1/6 of the Japanese who had been in Southeast Asia at the war's end remained there, including about 9,500 Japanese in Siam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_migration_to_Thailand.

Japanese War Veterans Find Good Life.

In the above account they write that 50 Japanese stayed behind.

However after reading all this stuff and I do remember that there was only one Japanese soldier who brought a Thai bride home to Japan,

By one estimate, 300,000 foreign war brides came to the United States following the passage of the War Brides Act of 1945, of which 51,747 were Filipino. By 1950, a total of 758 Japanese war brides arrived in the USA. But the numbers are all over the place. Try google American war brides.

It's a running joke at my office as to why do all the farang guys like such ugly Thai women.

I must say a lot of farang I see do seem to be getting the chunkier uglier or too skinny older hard faced lb looking etc Thai girls compared to some of my Japanese friends.

I think a lot of Thais are descendants of the japanese ,during the second world war when the jap soldiers where in Thailand thai woman where kept as sex slaves for their troops.

I don't think that is true. But you can provide a link if you can find one. Mostly the so called comfort women were from Korea. I believe the Thai women worked in bar/brothels and got paid.

You also might want to investigate the fact that an equivalent amount of American men were in Thailand and compare the number of marriages. I believe there is only one case of a Japanese man marrying a Thai woman and thousands of American/Thai marriages.

[/quoteSo can you provide us with a link proving me wrong and proving you right?

You want me to prove a negative? Lemme tell you how it works. You make the claim you prove it. I am not required to prove your statements. 1. Estimates vary as to how many comfort women were involved, with numbers ranging from as low as 20,000 to as high as 200,000, or even as many as 360,000 to 410,000 but the exact numbers are still being researched and debated. Many of the women were from occupied countries, including Korea, China, and the Philippines, although women from Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia and other Japanese-occupied territories were used for military "comfort stations". Stations were located in Japan, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, then Malaya, Thailand, Burma, New Guinea, Hong Kong, Macau, and French Indochina. A smaller number of women of European origin from the Netherlands and Australia were also involved.

Thailand was an ally of Japan not an occupied territory. About 1/6 of the Japanese who had been in Southeast Asia at the war's end remained there, including about 9,500 Japanese in Siam. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_migration_to_Thailand.

However after reading all this stuff and I do remember that there was only one Japanese soldier who brought a Thai bride home to Japan,

By one estimate, 300,000 foreign war brides came to the United States following the passage of the War Brides Act of 1945, of which 51,747 were Filipino. By 1950, a total of 758 Japanese war brides arrived in the USA. But the numbers are all over the place. Try google American war brides.

nice but just about every person who is internet savy can change things stated on wiki pedia even fake farang lawyers advertising on this site are experts at this......

It's a running joke at my office as to why do all the farang guys like such ugly Thai women.

I must say a lot of farang I see do seem to be getting the chunkier uglier or too skinny older hard faced lb looking etc Thai girls compared to some of my Japanese friends.

yeah, I agree,

and so many of them walk down the street with them, hand in hand, and think that other people are staring in envy, and then they go and tell their friends about how good they are, and that she loves him for his awesome personality and how she thinks is such a "Hansum man"

not only do some farangs leave their brain back home, they seem to lose their hearing when being laughed at

That is a well worn topic on Thai Visa. Korean or Japanese men rarely show off the ladies in the same manner as Farang. Heck there are women so ugly that when you go to see them you even have to hide your car behind a curtain.

I mean, heck, I've heard of a bag over the head but covering up your car must be a new kind of ugly. So my question is do Farang go to these places where they cover your auto? No. So ........

That is a well worn topic on Thai Visa. Korean or Japanese men rarely show off the ladies in the same manner as Farang. Heck there are women so ugly that when you go to see them you even have to hide your car behind a curtain.

I mean, heck, I've heard of a bag over the head but covering up your car must be a new kind of ugly. So my question is do Farang go to these places where they cover your auto? No. So ........

You must be a handsome prince......

You must be a handsome prince......

Why would you say that? Nothing in my post says anything about my appearance.

yeah, I agree,

and so many of them walk down the street with them, hand in hand, and think that other people are staring in envy, and then they go and tell their friends about how good they are, and that she loves him for his awesome personality and how she thinks is such a "Hansum man"

not only do some farangs leave their brain back home, they seem to lose their hearing when being laughed at

I have never met a man or even heard of a a man who in reality told another that a woman liked him because of his personality (except the usual four "I never pay for it brigade" on Thai Visa). Has a man ever told you this? Surely not in Thailand?

nice but just about every person who is internet savy can change things stated on wiki pedia even fake farang lawyers advertising on this site are experts at this......

Quotes messed up. Please remove anything I wrote.

One suspects most thai young ladies would rather shack up with with a young Korean man than an old fat farang or a Japanese gentleman as the Japanese men usually hand over more money to their teeraks than their equivalent western counterparts

Further TV's finest Thai cultural experts will tell you Koreans and Japanese are not classed as farang, the white westerners want to keep that "title" for themselves

Statistically Korean men have the world's smallest penises, so may be not :D

Don't know any Thais that would refer to Korean or Japanese or Chinese for that as farang - do you? Always seems to be the much more polite Kohn Jeen etc. Africans as Khon Dum (or Kohn See Dum) and Indians, Middle Easterners as Kairk.

Thais say they can tell the difference - but not been my experience. Even my Filipino friends are confused as Thais here. For example, a Filipino friend here on a course and me and a few other westerners went to a restaurant every day of the course (4 weeks). Often different places. Each time the servers would ignore us and speak to him (he was also the youngest of us, so it was not because of age) - we all thought it was very funny as he could speak or understand no Thai at all - after a while I would rescue him. Each time I would say that he was a Filipino and did not speak Thai and they pretty much always said they though he was Thai.

If you go to somewhere where the double pricing thing is on, often Japanese etc get in for Thai prices by simply handing over the money and not talking.

It is no difference really from seeing a white man and trying to guess whether he is English, American, German, Australian etc - if they are dressed the same it takes the accent to give them away.

Japanese are prefered because they moan less than Farangs.

I beg to differ, they moan quite load once you hit the spot,

Good to see you know the spot to make Japanese men moan.

Edited by wow64
  • Like 1

everyone's 1st Asian gf is dog ass ugly, it's the nature of things.

I know guys that should know better have been here for years are young have good jobs and have a bloody scubber of a Misses. Asian fever sometimes hits very hard the 1st time and can affect your eyes I think.

According to Stickman,Thai ladies veiw them as better catches than falangs,as they look similar,but are more gentle and generous,than falang's or Thai men,and the jap's are very polite too,falang's i have found are often classed as beer swilling barbarian's in Asia,something i must admit,i have done nothing personally to dispel this idea.

Japanese yes, Koreans no.

@HelloHello

When did you last speak to any Koreans?

Just wondering, I was chatting with some Wednesday, we did coffee and lunch.

Do you know the Korean word for "hello", 5 syllables greeting (last syllable "yo") not in the dictionary, ask your Korean pals if you don't know.

Just so we know you ain't talking BS.

안녕하세요 (An-yeong-ha-se-yo) ??? My Korean friend Google told me :D

everyone's 1st Asian gf is dog ass ugly, it's the nature of things.

I know guys that should know better have been here for years are young have good jobs and have a bloody scubber of a Misses. Asian fever sometimes hits very hard the 1st time and can affect your eyes I think.

Sometimes they just have sheet in their eyes - I know a guy that is always going on about his beautiful ex - and he is only 40. She is far from what I would call beautiful, acne pock marks and very round faced. To each their own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that.

Edited by wolf5370

Most Japanese in Thailand are salarymen and they are here on contract so they don't tend to marry Thais. They all hang out in Soi Tanyia and are known for their peccadilloes. They are regarded as gentlemanly by the Thais although they are still remembered for WWII.

The Koreans are considered rude and loud. They are always fighting each other on the golf course and the men and women have a reputation for eating in an uncivilized manner with their mouth open.

The Thais much prefer falungs.

I know for a fact that the thai girls that prefer asian men do put the Japanese at the top of their rankings, I'm not too sure where the Koreans get ranked thought I suspect below the Japanese but above the Thais

I have met a few thai girls that have been married, divorced and lived in Japan,and have come back to thai and still preferred a Japanese man

One thing for sure is if a thsi girl says she is dating/married a Japanese guy, the response is usually positive and never negative, but more a humble respect instead of "omg you are so lucky, does he have any single friends" that you often get with farangs

Thais place Japanese and Koreans behind themselves as supreme beings. Everyone else is almost non-existent except for a few celebrities and sporting stars. Farangs are just above Africans, Arabs and Indians. Not sure where dogs fit in here??

• Like 1

I know for a fact that the thai girls that prefer asian men do put the Japanese at the top of their rankings, I'm not too sure where the Koreans get ranked thought I suspect below the Japanese but above the Thais

I have met a few thai girls that have been married, divorced and lived in Japan,and have come back to thai and still preferred a Japanese man

One thing for sure is if a thsi girl says she is dating/married a Japanese guy, the response is usually positive and never negative, but more a humble respect instead of "omg you are so lucky, does he have any single friends" that you often get with farangs

I agree with you but how many Thai girls do you know to come to the conclusion, "I know for a fact that the thai girls that prefer Asian men."

I agree with you but how many Thai girls do you know to come to the conclusion, "I know for a fact that the thai girls that prefer Asian men."

not many I must admit, but there are a few around, and thats straight from the horses mouth

Just like I know some japanese women that would never consider dating a white guy, when 99% of the japanese ladies would outdo thai girls and their obsession with farangs

They are around!

not many I must admit, but there are a few around, and thats straight from the horses mouth

Just like I know some japanese women that would never consider dating a white guy, when 99% of the japanese ladies would outdo thai girls and their obsession with farangs

They are around!

Just a suggestion but perhaps, "in my experience" should be substituted for "I know for a fact."

They are around!

Just a suggestion but perhaps, "in my experience" should be substituted for "I know for a fact."

well did you consider that

I may be korean or japanese

or I may have lived in korea all my life,

or I may have lived in japan alll my life

or my friends are korean/japanese

my siblings are married to a korean/japanese

I am married to a korean/japanese

I am dating a korean/japanese

They are around!

Ya. Unless you are a researcher with access to thousands of people to survey it is still only your opinion.

They are around!

Ya. Unless you are a researcher with access to thousands of people to survey it is still only your opinion.

well yes thats true, but then no one would have be able to have an opinion, unlesss they surveyed every single person in a country or the earth,

that would make life quite boring wouldnt it!

According to Stickman,Thai ladies veiw them as better catches than falangs,as they look similar,but are more gentle and generous,than falang's or Thai men,and the jap's are very polite too,falang's i have found are often classed as beer swilling barbarian's in Asia,something i must admit,i have done nothing personally to dispel this idea.

I resent that. I rarely swill my tankard of grog!

They are around!

well yes thats true, but then no one would have be able to have an opinion, unlesss they surveyed every single person in a country or the earth,

that would make life quite boring wouldnt it!

I never said don't have an opinion. I said your opinion is your opinion and not fact. There is a thread running now on statistics in case you need to know the sample size to determine probability. I think a high level of accuracy could be achieved with about 6000 Thai people but you can check it out. So, don't put words in my mouth. I never said you should not have an opinion. I stated that your opinion is your opinion and not a fact.