How do the Thais view Japanese/Koreans?

hellohello123

me thinks that if you are after a foreginer, why not go for a white foreigner rather then a Korean or japanese who ultimately has more similar features as a thai

Lot of Thai chicks woulnd't agree. Korean and Japanese guys are usually with significantly better looking women than white guys

more cash = better looking ladies.

• Like 1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most women are looking for various characteristics in a partner. They are not waking up every day and looking for a specific nationality. Most Thai women do not even come into much contact with non-Thai men and those that do will do so at only a superficial level.

Stop acting/posting like a bunch of ignorant <deleted>.

It's a running joke at my office as to why do all the farang guys like such ugly Thai women.

I must say a lot of farang I see do seem to be getting the chunkier uglier or too skinny older hard faced lb looking etc Thai girls compared to some of my Japanese friends.

That is a well worn topic on Thai Visa. Korean or Japanese men rarely show off the ladies in the same manner as Farang. Heck there are women so ugly that when you go to see them you even have to hide your car behind a curtain.

I mean, heck, I've heard of a bag over the head but covering up your car must be a new kind of ugly. So my question is do Farang go to these places where they cover your auto? No. So ........

Is it a "well worn" topic? Because it seems most farangs, especially newbies, still haven't a clue. But yes, I hear this all the time, that farangs only date ugly Thai women. And not just from the Thais (both men and women), but from resident Asians as well (Japanese, Koreans). You don't hear much about Japanese/Koreans dating ugly Thai women. In fact, you never hear it.

Edited by Berkshire

Offtopic but I recall I was walking down sukhumvit road and there was a attractive girl standing there, I assume it was a hooker or similar, and two fairly handsome young indian looking men in front of went to talk to her

and she yelled "dont talk to me, I dont do chocolates", the guys just laughed and walked off, I felt sorry for them actually

Girls that do JapaNeSe dont hook on the streets................lol. Street customers are cheap , dirt and who knows what else..........lol

It's a running joke at my office as to why do all the farang guys like such ugly Thai women.

I must say a lot of farang I see do seem to be getting the chunkier uglier or too skinny older hard faced lb looking etc Thai girls compared to some of my Japanese friends.

That is a well worn topic on Thai Visa. Korean or Japanese men rarely show off the ladies in the same manner as Farang. Heck there are women so ugly that when you go to see them you even have to hide your car behind a curtain.

I mean, heck, I've heard of a bag over the head but covering up your car must be a new kind of ugly. So my question is do Farang go to these places where they cover your auto? No. So ........

Is it a "well worn" topic? Because it seems most farangs, especially newbies, still haven't a clue. But yes, I hear this all the time, that farangs only date ugly Thai women. And not just from the Thais (both men and women), but from resident Asians as well (Japanese, Koreans). You don't hear much about Japanese/Koreans dating ugly Thai women. In fact, you never hear it.

God is good and makes us all different some men like big women and those hang our around Naklua; others like to dress up and prance around and there is a place for them too. But what I don't get is why some posters find as a frequent topic, "Yo wife is so ugly she has to sneak up on a glass of water." I never got the yo momma jokes either.

Is it some class of people that get off on mocking another's choice of partner or have a lot of NBA basketball players started posting on Thai Visa?

The OP in this case has displayed hints of racial superiority and jealousy because a race or 2 that are similar in this case koreans and japanese that he deems inferior to farang and why would thai people choose them over farang. The funny thing is he then brings in indians into the equation and tries to show case how a thai hooker who is obviously lower on the spectrum reject 2 indians that he considers to be higher up all because they were "good looking"

The fact of the matter is this. Thais have a pretty good opinion of koreans and japanese and to be honest most people the world over hold the same opinion. Japanese people are seen as one of the most advanced asians compared to their "heathen" cousins from other less advanced asian nations.

Anyway OP's view of racial superiority isn't due to how advanced a country of origin is but more on "innate" superiority. That is he is basing superiority or inferiority due to a person's external appearance. Take note he asks why do thais choose japanese over farang since japanese people look more similar to thai people in which he is wrong as japanese being east asian have a pretty distinct appearance from the thais but all because they are grouped as "asian" they would look more similar compared to a farang and that line of thinking sounds rather stupid to be honest. Anyway back to innate superiority he obviously thinks that people with a more "caucasian" appearance are superior compared to those with an asian appearance and so was actually indignant that the thai lady rejected those 2 indian dudes who looked more caucasian because according to his view it was like someone from an inferior race rejecting people from a superior due to external appearances.

The biggest problem with people with his type of mentality is that he totally ignores the fact that different people have different preferences but actually hides it by going along a "moralistic" route. So let's say 2 asian looking men were rejected by a street hooker saying she prefers farang and guess what OP would do when he observes such a scenerio. He would have absolutely no problem with it because in his mind farang are superior and asians are inferior so it would be natural for asians to be rejected.

Take note that east asians seem to be the only group that farang can be openly racist to and suffer the least consequences.

Thais place Japanese and Koreans behind themselves as supreme beings. Everyone else is almost non-existent except for a few celebrities and sporting stars. Farangs are just above Africans, Arabs and Indians. Not sure where dogs fit in here??

Some farangs with the "nazi" mentality would be going..... but but but....... we are the best. I mean we come from the best countries in the world. Everyone wants to look like us u know the high nose, blond hair....... How could we be so low........

You seldom hear other races with such a mentality.

The OP in this case has displayed hints of racial superiority and jealousy because a race or 2 that are similar in this case koreans and japanese that he deems inferior to farang and why would thai people choose them over farang. The funny thing is he then brings in indians into the equation and tries to show case how a thai hooker who is obviously lower on the spectrum reject 2 indians that he considers to be higher up all because they were "good looking"

The fact of the matter is this. Thais have a pretty good opinion of koreans and japanese and to be honest most people the world over hold the same opinion. Japanese people are seen as one of the most advanced asians compared to their "heathen" cousins from other less advanced asian nations.

Anyway OP's view of racial superiority isn't due to how advanced a country of origin is but more on "innate" superiority. That is he is basing superiority or inferiority due to a person's external appearance. Take note he asks why do thais choose japanese over farang since japanese people look more similar to thai people in which he is wrong as japanese being east asian have a pretty distinct appearance from the thais but all because they are grouped as "asian" they would look more similar compared to a farang and that line of thinking sounds rather stupid to be honest. Anyway back to innate superiority he obviously thinks that people with a more "caucasian" appearance are superior compared to those with an asian appearance and so was actually indignant that the thai lady rejected those 2 indian dudes who looked more caucasian because according to his view it was like someone from an inferior race rejecting people from a superior due to external appearances.

The biggest problem with people with his type of mentality is that he totally ignores the fact that different people have different preferences but actually hides it by going along a "moralistic" route. So let's say 2 asian looking men were rejected by a street hooker saying she prefers farang and guess what OP would do when he observes such a scenerio. He would have absolutely no problem with it because in his mind farang are superior and asians are inferior so it would be natural for asians to be rejected.

Take note that east asians seem to be the only group that farang can be openly racist to and suffer the least consequences.

^^ haha, ive never read so much text of which was so much garbage in my life!

on another note your examples of superiority , mentioning indians also makes no logical sense,

its generally known that the indian race isnt very looked up to in Thailand, my observations of that situation were reflecting,, that I was surprised that someone would yell out something so racist, plus the reaction of the guys was surprising and humble,

nothing to do with superiority, you just have a bit of a wild imagination

Edited by hellohello123
  • Like 1

East Asians are ranked highly by Thais for sure.

To the extent a reasonably well-off Thai girl would be interested in a non-Thai man, then Japanese, Koreans, Taiwanese would be on top of their list.

(Poor girls from Isaan etc., due to their limited bargaining position, may rank westerners on par with them though. Beggars can't be choosers.)

It's actually quite logical considering relative similarities in culture, looks, hygiene etc. Not to forget also that East Asians in Thailand are (on average) far richer than the westerners in Thailand...

Edited by Globalist

^^ haha, ive never read so much text of which was so much garbage in my life!

on another note your examples of superiority , mentioning indians also makes no logical sense,

its generally known that the indian race isnt very looked up to in Thailand, my observations of that situation were reflecting,, that I was surprised that someone would yell out something so racist, plus the reaction of the guys was surprising and humble,

nothing to do with superiority, you just have a bit of a wild imagination

I wouldn't expect you to actually admit it that would be you saying you have nazi-like tendencies.

What made me come to such a conclusion about you was your first posting. Like you asking why won't thais that like foreigners choose a farang instead of a japanese because a farang looks more "different" because as you put it koreans/japanese look more similar to thais which can be translated as farangs are innately better looking compared to japanese/koreans or asians as a whole.

On the issue of the indians and the indian race being highly looked up to it actually is the same reason as to why japanese are more highly looked upon.

You actually gave the reasons yourself: Ive heard both mixed opinions ranging from "I wouldnt go near them" to "they are sophisticated, cultured, polite and gentle, and are at the top of my list, I wouldnt go near a farang"

Japanese/koreans are looked upon as what you have written so of course they would be considered over say an indian.

As for them not wanting to go near a farang well that is their preference but the more interesting thing is why are you offended by it? Because of your mentality.

Not me. I don't have a good opinion of Koreans because, "More than 15 per cent of married women in the country are victimised by domestic violence every year. The ratio is about five times higher than that of other advanced nations such as Britain and Japan. Further attention needs to be paid to abuses of immigrant spouses, children, and elderly and disabled people." http://www.asianewsnet.net/S-Koreas-domestic-violence-48729.html

I don't like the Japanese because they smoke too much they almost smoke as much as S. Korea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

Cambodia banned marriage to Yobo dudes because so many were abusive.

What does that have to do with Thai women and Korean and Japanese men?

I was prompeted to add the comment by the statistics in the preceding post (domestic abuse in Korea) .... the Cambodian situation can possibly reflect on the Korean attitude toward Thai or other SE Asian women. Ok?

What does that have to do with Thai women and Korean and Japanese men?

I was prompeted to add the comment by the statistics in the preceding post (domestic abuse in Korea) .... the Cambodian situation can possibly reflect on the Korean attitude toward Thai or other SE Asian women. Ok?

I guess that's why you used the word, "Yobo." Is that Korean or Japanese?

Not me. I don't have a good opinion of Koreans because, "More than 15 per cent of married women in the country are victimised by domestic violence every year. The ratio is about five times higher than that of other advanced nations such as Britain and Japan. Further attention needs to be paid to abuses of immigrant spouses, children, and elderly and disabled people." http://www.asianewsnet.net/S-Koreas-domestic-violence-48729.html

I don't like the Japanese because they smoke too much they almost smoke as much as S. Korea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_cigarette_consumption_per_capita

Korean men are known to be aggressive some call it alpha. The point of the matter is well when it comes to some farang they just like to switch it around like when they are aggressive they are alpha but korean men being aggressive = abusive and yet if they aren't their beta aka girly. Still yes korean men have been known to be abusive but i don't know how extensive it is and what is actually defined as abusive like did they hit their spouses etc.

Yobo dudes?

I really wish you would explain it.

Sorry, in some places it is Korean slang for other Koreans, more generally used as a romantic partner term.

From the OP: "me thinks that if you are after a foreginer, why not go for a white foreigner rather then a Korean or japanese who ultimately has more similar features as a thai."

This is rather flawed analysis if you really understand how Thai women think. Most Thai women would prefer a Thai guy, so it would make sense that she would be interested in a guy who looked more like a Thai guy than less. There's also less stigma with an Asian guy, i.e. less likelihood of being mistaken for a bargirl. I also notice that a lot of Japanese/Koreans make the effort to learn the Thai language, more so than farangs that I know. There's no way to prove, of course, that Korean/Japanese are getting more attractive Thai women than farangs. But anecdotally, this appears to be the case.

• Like 1

Korean men are known to be aggressive some call it alpha. The point of the matter is well when it comes to some farang they just like to switch it around like when they are aggressive they are alpha but korean men being aggressive = abusive and yet if they aren't their beta aka girly. Still yes korean men have been known to be abusive but i don't know how extensive it is and what is actually defined as abusive like did they hit their spouses etc.

My old man used to beat the crap out of my Mum, he wasn't Korean.

Yobo dudes?

Sorry, in some places it is Korean slang for other Koreans, more generally used as a romantic partner term.

Noun

yobo (plural yobos)

1. (slang, Australia) Someone, usually a male, who is uncouth, badly behaved and obnoxious. Loud and drunk are also characteristics, but not always present.
  2. (slang, UK) A cruel and brutal fellow.
Synonyms

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/yobo

Talking of which - I really kinda, well, you know, like this video. Shame about the song, though. I have watched the video a few hundred times on mute.

Well thanks for that. I'm ashamed to say that I could not take my eyes off the green shorts.

Ashamed? Queen Victoria, your influence remains vigorous!

Anyway, I think you missed out on the best one, the one in the red shorts.

Yobo dudes?

Noun

yobo (plural yobos)

Synonymshttp://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/yobo

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yobo

yobo

A casual address to ones wife / husband / or sweetheart. Of Korean origin

From the OP: "me thinks that if you are after a foreginer, why not go for a white foreigner rather then a Korean or japanese who ultimately has more similar features as a thai."

This is rather flawed analysis if you really understand how Thai women think. Most Thai women would prefer a Thai guy, so it would make sense that she would be interested in a guy who looked more like a Thai guy than less. There's also less stigma with an Asian guy, i.e. less likelihood of being mistaken for a bargirl. I also notice that a lot of Japanese/Koreans make the effort to learn the Thai language, more so than farangs that I know. There's no way to prove, of course, that Korean/Japanese are getting more attractive Thai women than farangs. But anecdotally, this appears to be the case.

Yes I agree. Especially with respect to two of your points: less stigma, and effort to learn Thai. An example of the second. I did an advanced reading course at the YMCA here, other classes were being held in other rooms at the same time, and we mixed a little at break./before/after. In the beginner classes (introduction and basic conversational classes), they were very full and all westerners (mostly white and a few blacks). In the intermediate classes (conversational Thai and basic reading etc) there were less than ten people at any time ( I did several courses there so saw this over several iterations of the course) and was the most mixed, with Indians, East Asians, Filipinos and westerners. In my class (advanced reading) there was 6 of us - me (white westerner - Brit), two Koreans, two Japanese and a Chinese (who dropped out incidentally - after 3 lessons - and was the least able and never mixed - at breaks he disappeared for the whole ten minutes each time).

I have always found Koreans and Japanese here friendly, often very loud (especially after a few bevvies), but friendly. Often they have plenty of money (as they tend to be working for foreign companies here rather than retirees or working for Thai companies). Japanese men seem always up for anything!

I often see Japanese/ Korean guys in bars more sober, have more money and probably understand the culture better.

I was in a go go the other night and a bunch of guys from Manchester came in, then the swearing started . . Followed by chanting . . Followed by fighting and then being sick.

These guys were like late 20's seemed to have lots of cash and not one of the girls were interested.

I'm the UK that would have seemed normal but here they just don't get it lol

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Many Indian's have very bad body odour[ie armpit's},i think this can be a problem,also many are cheap charlie's,and the head wobbling,well it's not an appealing package,is it.

There's apparantly a big lot of Indian family's that have been living in Thailand for decade's and own a whole lot of bussinesses in Thailand 's major tourist centers and i'm talking nice hotels and such and not the franky from Iondon and Noi from the sexy man bar who started a geusthouse type of bussiness.

Talking of which - I really kinda, well, you know, like this video. Shame about the song, though. I have watched the video a few hundred times on mute.

Well thanks for that. I'm ashamed to say that I could not take my eyes off the green shorts.

The one in green short is Miu. Her backside is my avatar... :-)

Back to topic. It must be a difficult process, when one group

who feels they are the master race, interacts with another group

that thinks they are master race........ Fireworks or a dose of reality ?