Cricket International Series & General Chat

Fastest test hundred ,why would you want to retire.

And another humdinger in SA last night coming down to the last ball.

Mitch Marsh takes what could have the catch of the season! Mccullum who was 38 off 30... but oh dear, Pattinson bowled a no ball!

Not much excuse for no balls these days... The bowlers practice for hours and hours.. they should consider more than half the foot before over the front line a no ball n their minds

McCullum now 54 off 35

James Pattinson's over his no-ball woesfacepalm.gif

Australia paceman James Pattinson is confident there'll be no repeat of his Boxing Day Test no-ball woes.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/cricket/a/30861240/australia-v-new-zealand-james-pattinsons-over-his-no-ball-woes/

Becoming one of the great test innings from a viewing POV. He could be heading for a double ton here. I can only assume that the T20 circuit is just far too lucrative for him.

He has piled on 100 runs since Pattinson stuffed up.. Nathan Lyon misjudged an outfield catch. Can't bowl, Can't field.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fastest test hundred ,why would you want to retire.

And another humdinger in SA last night coming down to the last ball.

Mitch Marsh takes what could have the catch of the season! Mccullum who was 38 off 30... but oh dear, Pattinson bowled a no ball!

Not much excuse for no balls these days... The bowlers practice for hours and hours.. they should consider more than half the foot before over the front line a no ball n their minds

McCullum now 54 off 35

James Pattinson's over his no-ball woesfacepalm.gif

Australia paceman James Pattinson is confident there'll be no repeat of his Boxing Day Test no-ball woes.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/cricket/a/30861240/australia-v-new-zealand-james-pattinsons-over-his-no-ball-woes/

Becoming one of the great test innings from a viewing POV. He could be heading for a double ton here. I can only assume that the T20 circuit is just far too lucrative for him.

He has piled on 100 runs since Pattinson stuffed up.. Nathan Lyon misjudged an outfield catch. Can't bowl, Can't field.

McCullum caught in the deep. Forward diving catch by guess who?

The man who can't field. Lyon gigglem.gif

Hazelwood and Steve Smith have a dummy spit at the umpire. Not a good look

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/video_audio/redirect.html?externalId=cric:56cbba71e4b0c8ef31e2fb1e

Not to worry, I'm sure nottocus will be along shortly to tell us had bad the Aussies aretongue.png
id give the cowardly criminals a one match suspension myself

we dont want all players getting away with what kohli does. need to protect the umps

decision on drs was correct on evidence.

Edited by BookMan

Australia v New Zealand: David Warner slams fans over 'derogatory and vulgar' abuse

David Warner has lashed out at New Zealand cricket crowds, saying they crossed the line with "derogatory and vulgar" abuse hurled at Australia's cricketers while they fielded in the second Test at Christchurch.

Warner confirmed reports he and teammates had been subjected to verbal taunts by members of the crowd about personal matters, including direct references to family members.

"It doesn't matter if you're home or away, you're going to cop some form of abuse, but we don't expect to be hounded for six or seven hours," Warner told the ABC. "A couple of the bowlers were down on the boundary and you get your odd banter here and there, but when they're talking about people's families and stuff it takes it a little bit too far and some of the boys raised the issue. Some of the stuff was pretty derogatory and pretty vulgar and the upsetting thing was the fact that, I know if my two daughters were in the crowd I wouldn't want them listening to that sort of stuff."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-v-new-zealand-david-warner-slams-fans-over-derogatory-and-vulgar-abuse-20160225-gn3hy0.html#ixzz41AqziIS3
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Thought last nights T20 game against SA was a perfect example of why the Aussies are ranked

so low.

The boys got off to a great start and Smith comes in at 2/69 off 6 overs. Then proceeds to scratch

around and gets out for 6 off of 17, <deleted>!

It's a hit out or get out game. You can't take 3 overs to get your eye in.

Also think Warner should open with Finch and drop Khawaja to 3.

Maxwell disappointing again. Maybe drop him for Watson for the next game.

WA boys Coulter-Nile and MM flew the flag. Also, Zampa bowled well in his debut.

Thrilling game last night between Aus v SA.

It looks like the middle order mix is right,just a few other things to work on.

Well done to Agar making his debut.

Yep

A great game of cricket.

Still wish the Aussies would bat first when they win the toss on decks like that.

I reckon 3 changes from last nights game to our WC side.

Zampa for Agar, Kwajaja for Watson and Coulter-Nile for Hazlewood.

Edited by Will27

Could be a long night if i can stay awake to watch the Aussies v SA in their final warm up game.

Another good win by the boys last night.

Just wish they would try and finish these games in the 19th over.

Anything can happen in the last.

Just about at full strength with the exception of Finch.

Could be a long night if i can stay awake to watch the Aussies v SA in their final warm up game.

I managed to watch it,good win.A little worried when Maxwell needing 12 off 12 was swinging and missing but our boy Marshy finished it off again.biggrin.png

I think Watson will get Finch's spot.

I managed to watch it,good win.A little worried when Maxwell needing 12 off 12 was swinging and missing but our boy Marshy finished it off again.biggrin.png

I think Finch will be a certainty.

My guess is it's between Watson and Khawaja.

I'd be going for Khawaja.

I think Finch will be a certainty.

My guess is it's between Watson and Khawaja.

I'd be going for Khawaja.

watson is always liked for his bowling option

We're all pretty close with our selections.

For me it will be Khawaja and whoever for a left/right combination.

Watson gets the nod from me as taking pace off the ball will be important for a couple of overs if Marshy is being belted.

I would like to think Finch,Watson and Smith play out for a spot.

Even though Smith got some runs last night you get the feeling he can get out any ball and by not finishing it off last night,didn't take the responsibility required.(harsh i know)

If it comes down to Watson or Finch,it's still a good headache to give opposition teams

We're all pretty close with our selections.

For me it will be Khawaja and whoever for a left/right combination.

Watson gets the nod from me as taking pace off the ball will be important for a couple of overs if Marshy is being belted.

I would like to think Finch,Watson and Smith play out for a spot.

Even though Smith got some runs last night you get the feeling he can get out any ball and by not finishing it off last night,didn't take the responsibility required.(harsh i know)

If it comes down to Watson or Finch,it's still a good headache to give opposition teams

I'm with you regarding Smith.

Not really sure if T20 is his go to be honest.

I'd leave him out, but as captain, that's not going to happen.

World Twenty20: New Zealand Black Caps stun India in Cup opener

New Zealand have spun their way to a 47-run win over India, toppling the World Twenty20 hosts with a superb Mitchell Santner-led performance in the field in Nagpur.

Extracting prodigious turn at times, the Black Caps' trio of spinners took nine wickets between them as the tournament favourites succumbed for 79 in the 19th over in response to New Zealand's 7-126.

The result blows Australia's group wide open, with only two teams to progress out of India, Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan and Bangladesh - and two losses likely to be enough to result in an early exit.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/world-twenty20-new-zealand-black-caps-stun-india-in-cup-opener-20160315-gnjxf0.html#ixzz431z2IN9D
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Edited by BookMan

Enter the Chris Galye Show to the T20,single handedly taking the game away from England with a brilliant century.

Thought the Poms played alright and had they got Gayle out at some stage it would of been theirs.

Gayle 100 off 48 runs

not bad considering he was 22 off 165 balls

Starsports India has good highlights for anyone interested

http://www.starsports.com/cricket/videos/vod/video=icc-world-t20-2016-west-indies-england-ball-100-got-gayle-1488502/index.html

After being beaten virtually single handedly by Gayle, England had to beat South Africa to maintain any real chance of advancing beyond the group stage.

But South Africa's 229/4 meant that England had to pull off the second ever highest international T20 run chase to win.

Very few gave them any chance.

But they started with intent: Hales and Roy putting on 44 in the first two overs, helped by one attempted bouncer from Rabada in the first over going for 5 wides.

England tried to maintain the pace, but wickets started to fall and, as in South Africa's innings, the spinners coming on and restricting the scoring.

Then enter Joe Root.

He and Butler added 75 in 6 overs before Butler was stumped, and Root went on to score 83 off 44 balls before being caught by Miller off Rabada with England needing just 11 from the final 10 balls.

England still managed to lose two more wickets before Moeen scored the winning run with 2 balls to spare.

World Twenty20 2016: Joe Root helps England beat South Africa

An exciting batting display from both sides; but it has to be said some of the bowling from both was woeful.

England's cause being helped by the third highest scorer in their innings; extras; 26 in total, 6 leg byes and 20 wides!

The Aussies looked shaky last night against an average side.

Finch for Smith is looking better everyday even on the captaincy side of things..

Did i read somewhere Finch is #1 batsmen in t20 world cricket?

Will mentioned before about Smith taking too long to get his runs... last night again, 12 off 14?;

Against New Zealand the batting was scratchy apart from Khawaja, until Warner ran him out