Cricket International Series & General Chat

England had a terrible start against Afghanistan.

42 for 1 to 42 for 3 to 57 for 6 to 85 for 7!

Three wickets lost in one over (that video may not play outside the UK).

Moeen's 44 n.o. in 33 balls, aided by Jordan,15, and Willey, 20 n.o., got the score up to 147 for 7; when at one stage it looked like they would be bowled out within 20 overs.

Average IPL score on this ground is 160, so all is not lost; it's now up to the bowlers.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

England had a terrible start against Afghanistan.

42 for 1 to 42 for 3 to 57 for 6 to 85 for 7!

Three wickets lost in one over (that video may not play outside the UK).

Moeen's 44 n.o. in 33 balls, aided by Jordan,15, and Willey, 20 n.o., got the score up to 147 for 7; when at one stage it looked like they would be bowled out within 20 overs.

Average IPL score on this ground is 160, so all is not lost; it's now up to the bowlers.

good grief!

Something at last for Australian supporters to smile about [emoji1]

Phew!

Afghanistan 127 for 9; England win by 15 runs.

England beat South Africa after an appalling bowling performance, they've now won here, albeit aganst a non test side, after an appalling batting performance.

If only both batters and bowlers could perform in the same game!

England's net run rate is still poor, +0.02: though at least it's now positive!

Afghanistan should have won, looking on the positive side 4 England. They've dug them selves out of corners and won 2 whilst playing like *#*t

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well done to India making the semi's.Virat was a star.

Think the Aussies may have let that one slip.I thought one more over from Zampa may have been better than bowling Hazelwood in the 16th over.

Anyway,it's all over.

Well done to India making the semi's.Virat was a star.

Think the Aussies may have let that one slip.I thought one more over from Zampa may have been better than bowling Hazelwood in the 16th over.

Anyway,it's all over.

I agree with you mate.

To me, Smith doesn't seem to be a captain who thinks on his feet.

He takes off a spinner going at 5 an over and replaces him with a quickie going at 8.

I thought we were 15 to 20 short, especially after our start.

Smith got a bad decision, but again him and Warner making up numbers.

I also think Warner needs to open and drop Finch to 3.

Not surprised we didn't make the finals.

We don't play the format that well.

England v New Zealand tomorrow.

India v West indies on Thursday.

Any predictions?

I think if England can perform as they are capable of with both bat and ball, then they should prevail over New Zealand.

Unless Gayle produces the type of innings we all know he's capable of, and he produced against England, India will win the second one.

So an India v England final; with, despite my loyalties, India winning.

More T20 experience plus home advantage.

Any predictions?

I think if England can perform as they are capable of with both bat and ball, then they should prevail over New Zealand.

Unless Gayle produces the type of innings we all know he's capable of, and he produced against England, India will win the second one.

I still like NZ as they have been playing consistent cricket.

Any predictions?

Yeah they've played better than England, but England have been playing really poorly and still got there. That in itself is a warning. England turn it on and no reason they shouldn't win. On the other hand Keep up their current form and new zealand will win Looking forward to this one.

Any predictions?

Yeah they've played better than England, but England have been playing really poorly and still got there. That in itself is a warning. England turn it on and no reason they shouldn't win. On the other hand Keep up their current form and new zealand will win Looking forward to this one.

I think England will get over NZ and WI to beat India.

Well done England; an excellent performance all round; bat, ball and in the field.

Although at first it looked like it may be different; New Zealand 89 for 1 after 10 overs, 133 for 3 after 15. New Zealand bat deep, so a score in excess of 180, maybe even 200, was on the cards.

Enter Messrs Jordan and Stokes.

New Zealand scored only 20 runs in their final 5 overs, losing 5 wickets along the way, finishing on 153 for 8.

But, they have successfully defended lower scores than this in this tournament, so England had work to do.

Which they did; the English batsmen, especially Roy, 78 from 44, and Buttler, 32 n.o. from 17, putting the New Zealand bowlers to the sword.

Only Morgan, falling to a first ball duck for the second time in this tournament, failing to contribute.

England 159 for 3 from 17.1 overs.

World Twenty20: England power past New Zealand to reach final

Play like this again on Sunday, and they should win. Though whoever wins today's semi, England on Sunday will have to contain either Gayle or Kohli.

Any predictions?

I think England will get over NZ and WI to beat India.

Geez

The WI are almost unstoppable on the smaller grounds.

I thought they were gone after the shocking missed run outs of Kohli on 1.

I think England are a better balanced side but the WI have 5 or so players

who just smash it.

Looking forward to the final.

You have to love the headline on Starsports:

"ICC World T20 2016, West Indies vs India: Lucky Lendl Simmons' 82* steals victory for WI"

Some highlights here:

http://www.starsports.com/cricket/videos/vod/video=icc-world-t20-2016-west-indies-india-lucky-lendl-simmons82-steals-victory-for-with/index.html

http://www.starsports.com/cricket/videos/vod/video=icc-world-t20-2016-west-indies-india-windies-power-hit-their-way-final/index.html

Edited by BookMan

Simmons, who basically won India the match with 82 (off 51) was out TWICE to No balls from Indian bowlers..

*won for the windies

With England in the final, i will be doing the Australian thing and supportimg west indies

Yeah well done the west Indies. Big big win for them, arguably the biggest scalp/ game in the tournament, would have loved England to have to have met India in the final that would have been huge.. Still the Indies it will be.

Looking forward to a cracking game on Sunday.

Difficult to predict. England, I think, are the better fielding side; but ,as we've seen, both sides contain more than one batsman who can completely turn a game around.

One problem; I live in the UK and don't have Sky Sports; can I convince the wife that I need to spend a large part of Sunday afternoon in the pub?

Difficult to predict. England, I think, are the better fielding side; but ,as we've seen, both sides contain more than one batsman who can completely turn a game around.

One problem; I live in the UK and don't have Sky Sports; can I convince the wife that I need to spend a large part of Sunday afternoon in the pub?

I think a visit to the pub is highly acceptable given the circumstances.

There's always the radio but it's just not the same,maybe 30 years ago but not in 2016.

Could persuade her with a takeaway on your way home.

Large chicken kebab anyone ?

I think England's quicks have learned how to bowl in this format throughout the tournament and Jordan is looking world class, Willey is still a little green but mixes it up nicely and is capable of producing early wicket taking deliveries, Plunkett has bags of experience and Ali and Rashid are developing guile and craft in this format though still bowl the odd loose ball that gets whacked but that is the life of a spinner in T20.

The batting 'needs no introduction' as they say. Would be nice if Morgan finally comes to the party with the bat as he can be a destructive hitter when needed.

The Windies are strong in batting, not so strong in the bowling department so I strongly fancy England, especially if we (England) win the toss and chase......

Can't you take the dog out for a three hour walk?