Unbearably sad songs only

bannork

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

555 happy romantic songs thread against broken hearted\ depressed thread, which will win? Far more important than the World Cup.... 555

Looking at the artists on the last 2 pages got me thinking, how many were sad cases themselves?

Hank Williams, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Gene Clark, Amy Winehouse, Ian Curtis, Nick Drake all brought about their own early demises themselves, yet other masters of the sad syndrome, artistically speaking,lived or are living to a ripe old age, eg Neil Young,Stevie Nicks, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed.

555 happy romantic songs thread against broken hearted\ depressed thread, which will win? Far more important than the World Cup.... 555

Looking at the artists on the last 2 pages got me thinking, how many were sad cases themselves?

Hank Williams, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Gene Clark, Amy Winehouse, Ian Curtis, Nick Drake all brought about their own early demises themselves, yet other masters of the sad syndrome, artistically speaking,lived or are living to a ripe old age, eg Neil Young,Stevie Nicks, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed.

I think sometimes the brighter they burn the quicker they burn out and that applies not only to musos but others in the creative world. The ones that don't burn out just become boring old folk and that could be worse than death. But that is generalizations and ,no doubt, there will be exceptions that mature and become richer in their craft - thinking of Ray Charles, Tony Bennett and more.