Lack of information from university about ED visa

Hi

My wife is studying at university in Bangkok and despite her asking them on several occasions what is needed to extend visa they failed to help. At immigration they told her that she is missing a letter of invite or simmilar even though she has already studied there for 6 months (had to go out of thai to get a second ED since they need 9 points).

When back at uni an eldrely women said of course you need it, we hand them out all the time. However the young lady she had spoken to did not know this, so rather then saying she did not know and ask someone she just gave a wrong answer (guess it's all about loosin face as usual in LOS).

Her ED visa runs out on Monday and she is 8 months pregnant, the paper will be ready on tuesday-thursday, anyone know what she should do? Am I correct in reading somewhere that you have 7 days after last date?

Can of course get a medical visa but that is a bad option.

Regards, Paul

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She can apply for a 7 day extension, pay 1900 baht and get 7 days to leave or get another type of extension.

Thanks, so that means she can get the ED visa fixed based on the 7 day extension then or will the ED visa be to late to sort out?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why not ask her doctor for a letter saying she is unable to travel due to her medical condition.
Should be good for a two month medical extension.

She is a full time student and that would mean that she has to go out of thailand again to get a new ED visa. It is all about getting the ED extension, but due to bad advise at uni it will be a few days after the original date.

Getting a medical extension would not cause her to need a new visa. The extension would be of her her permit to stay obtained from a non-ed visa. She could then get her extension of stay based upon her studies after getting the medical extension.

She can get a non-immidrant non-educational visa for one year by getting the forms from her university. The forms include such information as her grades and other informations showing she's a fulltime student. Since, however, she's in a deadline crunch, I'm sure the writers above have good suggestions to extend her present stay. I'm going thru the same procedure with my girl friend, so she will be able to get the above visa before her current extended stay expires on September 11th. If it were me, I'd go to the dean of the department she's attending within the university. Good luck!

She can get a non-immidrant non-educational visa for one year by getting the forms from her university. The forms include such information as her grades and other informations showing she's a fulltime student. Since, however, she's in a deadline crunch, I'm sure the writers above have good suggestions to extend her present stay. I'm going thru the same procedure with my girl friend, so she will be able to get the above visa before her current extended stay expires on September 11th. If it were me, I'd go to the dean of the department she's attending within the university. Good luck!

We have already been through one round, first ED visa ran out 1 week after first exams, but low and behold, you need exam results of minimum 9 points to get extension. So actually impossible to get points within the first 3 month ED visa, we had to go to Yangoon for a second visa. This time she has 12 points but noone at the university explained that she needed the information showing full time study, go figure :(

Since I am an oil and gas guy I have never needed any other visa then the one on arrival, so I did not know what she needed. I do begin to see why so many are frustrated by all the runarouns concerning visa though.