Girlfriend wants me to buy her a house

y2k

I had my Filipina GF take out a loan for the house we share. It is a 10 year loan and I make the monthly payments. We have been together two years and when I die she will get money in my will to pay out the loan, and much more. If we split, due to something bad she may do, then I will not pay. If for some reason I end the relationship I will ensure she is taken care of.

The lease arrangement does not always work out well Believe me, if the family want you out they will make your life so miserable you will be glad to leave. hopefully with all your body parts intact.

Why are you even considering buying a house for a woman you seem to hardly know? This is what every thai woman wants and your value tomher will diminish as soon as the house is paid for.

"Initially for her mother and son to live in but it would be ours to use at a later date."

This will not happen. There will be no space for you when the relatives and hangers on move in and family always comes first. If you believe this, you are too trusting to be let loose with any Thai female my friend, be very careful.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ AnotherOneAmerican Does that mean if the Op goes through with this that the house will never be in his name unless he builds it?

Custom built house for him by developer, yes.

Custom built house for him on gfs family land, yes (shudder).

Standard house with standard plans from developer off plan, no.

Existing house and land, no.

To be owned by a foreigner, the house has to be registered in foreigner name all the way through the planning and building stages.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

So this house is for her mother and son to live in, and you will use it later? Once the mother moves in, she is not moving out and once you sign the contract it is hers, and you will be sent on your way, just like many other stupid men who think they have found real love

Initially for her mother and son to live in but it would be ours to use at a later date.

Are you nuts?

I thought you were yet another troll, but 270+ posts so probably not.

Tell her to <deleted> off and buy a condo in YOUR name!

OP- actually, you have just made my day. I've been a bit fed up today as it's been another hot day and too hot to even get out of the house. I wish I had seen this earlier cos it's put a big spring in my step since reading it.....I can't do enough cartwheels now !!

OP- actually, you have just made my day. I've been a bit fed up today as it's been another hot day and too hot to even get out of the house. I wish I had seen this earlier cos it's put a big spring in my step since reading it.....I can't do enough cartwheels now !!

You ain't kiddin', 82% humidity this morning in CM.

OP, many posts here and this may have been covered, but the risk is after you buy her the house she reveals her true personality and drives you out, or worse. You may now be in love with a woman who does not really exist.

The pressure for gold, house, car, etc up front puts them in charge. Believe me, I narrowly escaped what you are apparently about to go through. I hope I'm wrong.

Once my ex realized I was hopelessly in love with her, the subtle pressure for gold and a house started. Then the not-so-subtle pressure for a car in her name. Her naked greed on that snapped me to my senses, though I was never going to buy the house. A bit of gold, yes.

It's been months since our breakup and you have no idea how happy I now am.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 2

I hear what you all say and the logical decision would be to say no. But is it that bad a thing to listen to your heart and do what you think you should do and that you know will make her happy?

Am I taking a HUGE risk in doing so?

What risks have you taken and have they paid off?

Yes, you are about to take a big risk.

Don't for a monent think that all the story's you read about us farangs ending up getting burned and getting broke are freaking real. You would never think your sweet heart would do such a thing to you, but in fact..when the shit hit's the fan, you never know where you end up.

Ofcouce Thai girls are not all the same, but just think about how bad it sometimes can go in a western country when you finish a relationship. In most western country's you have some legal right, in Thailand, being a farang, your legal right are almost degraded to 0.

However, if your loaded with money and see no problem in losing the 1 mill bath, go for it, maybe she is really that different but i wouldn't count on it.

If she settle with a 1 mill bath house, she most defentlive comes from a poorer family, maybe she's fair to you if you end the relationship, but you can count 100% her family does not give a rat's ass about it.

Best of luck...

• Like 2

Tell her you don't like houses and buy a condo instead, in your own name, tell her that she can share the condo with you if she wants to move in.

And then (in the words of the song) go down to the town and find yourself a new B I R D.

Because this one will have flown!

I can't believe I've read all 10 pages of replies & the OP still hasn't got the message.

He says early on "Go easy on me, I'm only a newbie"

I think that should read "Go easy on me, I'm as thick as two short planks"

Which bit of "Don't do it" does he not understand.

Maybe he was dropped on his head as a baby & has trouble taking good advice on board.

• Like 2

OP, many posts here and this may have been covered, but the risk is after you buy her the house she reveals her true personality and drives you out, or worse. You may now be in love with a woman who does not really exist.

The pressure for gold, house, car, etc up front puts them in charge. Believe me, I narrowly escaped what you are apparently about to go through. I hope I'm wrong.

Once my ex realized I was hopelessly in love with her, the subtle pressure for gold and a house started. Then the not-so-subtle pressure for a car in her name. Her naked greed on that snapped me to my senses, though I was never going to buy the house. A bit of gold, yes.

It's been months since our breakup and you have no idea how happy I now am.

Worth a topic ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My contribution is 1mill. House is in Lampang.

....if you do.....you'll just be another idiot in Thailand....plenty of them here.....why not join them

• Like 1

Dont buy ,,anything,,,Rent somewere small,,If she loves you,,she will be happy to stay with you anywere,,,But sadly,,,WAKE UP,,There is less than 0,1 percent,,Farrang and thai marriage works,,20 years ago,,you had a chance of a marriage work,,Today ,you have no chance,,If you dont believe me,,test her..Tell her you dont want to marry her now,,but in 3 years time,,If she loves you ,,she will stay with you,,Wake up,,Remember,,you have been warned,,Dont start moaning,,or crying later,,

1) This is obviously an Issan woman, which they are very nice to be with for a certain period of time.

2) My former gf of almost 3 years was from Issan and her daddy gave her a few rai of land in Buriram upon which she wanted me to build her a 1 million baht house. Mommy and Daddy were rice farmers and put her up to it. When I said "NO" she was told by mommy to leave me, which she did and am now with another lady (non-Issan). Researched Buriram and found nothing at all to do there if I choose to live in the "house that I built" and would be borded as hell.

3) A farang can own 49% of the house, without the land, (unless American) so the woman owns 51% of which her money cannot come from the farang, which she can swear to but not have to prove. Therefore, she can (often happens) tell the farang to get the hell out of my house, or her mommy can say the same, and the daughter will ALWAYS support mommy over the husband. Your 1 million baht is then "gone".

4) The prior advice to buy a condo, which a farang can own 100%, is the best choice. If "love" is in the picture for several years, then you can write a Will with her as the sole beneficiary, unless you suspect she might do away with you to gain the condo, which also does occur here.

Been here for 6 years a lot less than many on ThaiVisa and this is my personal advice having gone through 3 gf's so far and finding they and other girls I have met here are all about money and their personal security, in addition to providing support for their family. (Note: What women in this world is not about their own security?) However, I am at an older age in which the 30ish gals are interested due to money. However, I dated some of "nice girls" who work in offices, and itstill always came to "give me money for my daddy's b'day present, or my mommy's hospital treatment costs". All comes back to money and if it runs out, no money no funny no honey.

Initially for her mother and son to live in but it would be ours to use at a later date.

Gosh im getting tired of saying this , but my avice is Run FOREST run,, its loose losse , from what u are saying.

If she has a son should be no up front drowdy ,,,,,,

whether she is a WL or not, it is certain that some of her girlfriend are, and they have been coaching her on how to get the most out of her farang.'

eventually her thinking will be that warped, that future words will dribble out as if she is one....

find a TG with farang other half, who is buying everything, but everything, because she say the "it is thai custom' that husband pay all for everything and wife not have to".

hear this and she has finally been fully converted to WL thinking, and husband has now become a sugar daddy, whether he really at first bought his way into her heart by intent, or by stumbling down the blind willy stupid farangness path.

when this stage has reached, all visible respect from wife has now vanished, and he is simply seen as her empty headed water buffalo.

• Like 2

I hear what you all say and the logical decision would be to say no. But is it that bad a thing t

o listen to your heart and do what you think you should do and that you know will make her happy?

Yes you are taking a huge risk

I haven't and wouldn't buy ANY property in another's name, so I've taken no big risk and it has paid off....I haven't been taken to the cleaners.

Edited by F4UCorsair

I've changed my mind on the OP. He's a troll in spite of 270+ posts. Too many dumb questions to be serious, and nobody can be that stupid.

With 270 he's been around a while and must have read numerous similar threads, so a troll.

Don't feed the troll.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

I hear what you all say and the logical decision would be to say no. But is it that bad a thing to listen to your heart and do what you think you should do and that you know will make her happy?

Yes, you are about to take a big risk.

Don't for a monent think that all the story's you read about us farangs ending up getting burned and getting broke are freaking real. You would never think your sweet heart would do such a thing to you, but in fact..when the shit hit's the fan, you never know where you end up.

Ofcouce Thai girls are not all the same, but just think about how bad it sometimes can go in a western country when you finish a relationship. In most western country's you have some legal right, in Thailand, being a farang, your legal right are almost degraded to 0.

However, if your loaded with money and see no problem in losing the 1 mill bath, go for it, maybe she is really that different but i wouldn't count on it.

If she settle with a 1 mill bath house, she most defentlive comes from a poorer family, maybe she's fair to you if you end the relationship, but you can count 100% her family does not give a rat's ass about it.

Best of luck...

Zero legal rights for farangs as you mentioned is wrong, I know several cases where the farangs went to a lawyer and got positive legal results in respect off financial matters.

I had the love of my life too. She ripped me off for a house, a car, a business for her dad, handbags etc etc etc. I lost more than 6 million baht. Now she is the Mae Noi of a Government clerk and he has amassed huge debts trying to keep up with her lifestyle. In my file I have a beautiful card from here which she gave me when we got married: "I will always love you. I will never let you down. I will stay with you forever". Con artist. Lying bitch.

So my answer to you and all the other farangs who ask similar questions is 'DON'T!'

• Like 2

Yes - seriously.. buy the condo in YOUR OWN NAME. Only a fool would do what this woman is suggesting you do with your 1million baht. Think man! Think with your brain, not the other part.

Yeah, use your brain. The big brain, not the little brain. oc