Supermarkets and pharmacies in Jomtien

gkp

I would say AVOID pharmacies in Jomtien. Generally overpriced sometimes shockingly so, and the small places often don't store meds properly anyway. Suggest Fascino and P and F pharmacy in Pattaya (multiple locations).

I STRONGLY disagree!!! I go to the small Pharmacy next to Kiss restaurant in the Rompho Market. Best prices ANYWHERE... i.e. Anticil 7 baht - 1 0 baht everywhere else I checked. My blood pressure medicine 145 baht - everywhere else 450 baht. Antibiotics (Amoxicillian 850 mg) 80 baht - 350 to 500 baht elsewhere.

I was so shocked by the Antibiotic price that I checked with one of the other pharmacists to make sure that the lady hadn't mischarged me too little. It was correct.

Any name for the Pharmacy?

Sorry, I don't know the name. It is the ONLY pharmacy in the Market area proper. Next to the Kiss/Kool Restaurant on the corner of the complex.

They may be using generics for my blood pressure/ antibiotics (or made in Thailand) but it works the same as the one from the U.S.... Anticil isn't a generic - 7 baht vs 10 baht.

Edited by rmicheald

Generic BP meds are available for some BP meds at Fascino branches as well at similar levels of price discounts as reported. They are worth trying for sure. Whether they are medically exactly the same might be an issue discussing with a doctor. Not all meds that have generics in the west have generics in Thailand. For some, it might be worth switching meds if cost is a priority, but again should consult a doctor before doing so.

Edited by Jingthing

Generic BP meds are available for some BP meds at Fascino branches as well at similar levels of price discounts as reported. They are worth trying for sure.

The local generic BP tablets I take cost 3B at Fascino, 5-6B at other pharmacies I tried and well over 10B at the hospital pharmacy. Identical tablets, brand and packaging.

I will go to this place in Rompho and ask the price. Everyone sells them.

• Like 1

The local generic BP tablets I take cost 3B at Fascino, 5-6B at other pharmacies I tried and well over 10B at the hospital pharmacy. Identical tablets, brand and packaging.

I will go to this place in Rompho and ask the price. Everyone sells them.

They charge 4B.