Thai anti-graft agency NACC releases info on politicians' assets

webfact

Oh, will you desist in the childish pathetic stereotyping. Can we not discuss this like adults without the name calling?

It's the same rules for whatever party and these rules are the ones that the NACC specify. We have nothing else to compare it to.

I could quite rightly state that abhisit hasn't had a job outside of being a politician yet still he is worth 52 million baht. Where did he get that from, an extra evening job flipping burgers in McDonalds? And what about all those millions he's allegedly got stashed in the British Virgin Islands? - that was a false claim to illustrate the pointlessness of your argument - "We all know" facepalm.gif

It's like saying Yingluck has spent three years stealing money from the coffers - pointless, can't be proved and just partisan assumption to further an agenda.

''pointless, can't be proved and just partisan assumption to further an agenda.''

- Funny, I could sy the same about 99% of your posts......whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

Strange how my "assumptions" are backed up with facts and links to those facts, isn't it?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh the rich get richer and the poor get nothing!

That's because they aren't very adapt at playing bingo.......wasting their time in the rice fields as usual

Pls dnt be so sarcastic! Its beautiful and very progressive, almost avantgarde what is happening on behalf of that people to bring Thailand further, right?!

When did it become a national crime to be rich for goodness sake?

Are we judging people that were rich before they entered politics as being flawed when they leave under pressure from other rich people because they're still rich?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How about the Junta declare their assets in the interest of less corruption and transparency?

"The NACC routinely publishes the assets of ministers in power, but has said it will not conduct an investigation into the assets of the military junta's National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO). A deputy secretary of the NACC claimed there was no legal basis for the NACC to do so."

Consider that if the NACC took issue with assets of any NCPO memebers, such member would be brought to trial before a military court. It's not likely the junta will be trying itself.

I am "wondering" why poor people from E-san vote for wealthy politicians, I am not sure they feel concern or know what is the word "poor" and what are the daily difficulties of the population whistling.gif

Amazing Thailand, isn't it ? clap2.gif

• Like 1

Every politician in Thailand is a millionaire! The reason is because your words carry no weight at all if your are not wealthy for the success of this country is measured in terms of wealth.

Maybe the next list will be the insolvent Politicians?

The massive operation is costing anything from two million to five million baht (S$192,100) a day, reveals Mr Akanat Promphan, the spokesman for protest organiser the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC). That works out to well over 60 million baht so far. - See more at: http://www.stasiareport.com/the-big-story/asia-report/thailand/story/wheres-the-money-fund-protesters-coming-20140109#sthash.NwW2HHOi.dpuf

The PDRC was spending 2-5 million baht a day as reported by the StraitTimes back in Jan 2014? Where was this money comming from?

The massive operation is costing anything from two million to five million baht (S$192,100) a day, reveals Mr Akanat Promphan, the spokesman for protest organiser the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC). That works out to well over 60 million baht so far. - See more at: http://www.stasiareport.com/the-big-story/asia-report/thailand/story/wheres-the-money-fund-protesters-coming-20140109#sthash.NwW2HHOi.dpuf

Further to "bleeding the country dry"

Yinglucks assets in 2011, 541 Million baht.

In 2014, 574.3 million baht, an increase of 33.3 Million baht

An approximate increase of 6% total over 3 years.

Bear with me here, I'm going for the simplistic approach as economics is not my strong point

So allowing for the interest rate over that period ( the website http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/interest-rate, quotes an average of 2.48% between 2000 and 2014)

thailand-interest-rate.png?s=btrr1day&d1

it doesn't look as though she was "emptying the treasury" does it?

As I said, Economics is not my strong point so if there's anything amiss I'm sure someone will tell me, I'm willing to learn.

The only thing missing is your willingness to believe that these figures are not kosher given who she has worked for all her life and his asset declaration record. whistling.gif

Poor old Charlem, a career of corruption and only 171 million to show for it. Even young Akanat who is barely out of diapers is nearly ahead of him.

Mind you, even young Oaf, Ms. Yinglucks nephew has more than Chalerm and even his two sisters. Amply Rich as it were.

Maybe the next list will be the insolvent Politicians?

The PDRC was spending 2-5 million baht a day as reported by the StraitTimes back in Jan 2014? Where was this money comming from?

Like you I also wonder about those protesting (ex)politicians. Like those UDD leaders turned Pheu Thai party list MPs for example. Pity the OP didn't mention them, or did I missed it?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How about the Junta declare their assets in the interest of less corruption and transparency?

"The NACC routinely publishes the assets of ministers in power, but has said it will not conduct an investigation into the assets of the military junta's National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO). A deputy secretary of the NACC claimed there was no legal basis for the NACC to do so."

Consider that if the NACC took issue with assets of any NCPO memebers, such member would be brought to trial before a military court. It's not likely the junta will be trying itself.

and then there are people who wonder why the NACC doesn't speed up it's investigations in even older cases like those from 201, 2009, 2008 and so where parliamentary immunity is no longer an issue rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Poor old Charlem, a career of corruption and only 171 million to show for it. Even young Akanat who is barely out of diapers is nearly ahead of him.

Mind you, even young Oaf, Ms. Yinglucks nephew has more than Chalerm and even his two sisters. Amply Rich as it were.

It's Oak, rubl. Do you have some dispensation with regard to the forum rules about using proper names?

Further to "bleeding the country dry"

Yinglucks assets in 2011, 541 Million baht.

In 2014, 574.3 million baht, an increase of 33.3 Million baht

An approximate increase of 6% total over 3 years.

Bear with me here, I'm going for the simplistic approach as economics is not my strong point

So allowing for the interest rate over that period ( the website http://www.tradingeconomics.com/thailand/interest-rate, quotes an average of 2.48% between 2000 and 2014)

thailand-interest-rate.png?s=btrr1day&d1

it doesn't look as though she was "emptying the treasury" does it?

As I said, Economics is not my strong point so if there's anything amiss I'm sure someone will tell me, I'm willing to learn.

The only thing missing is your willingness to believe that these figures are not kosher given who she has worked for all her life and his asset declaration record. whistling.gif

Best you inform the NACC then. They were aware of the figures in 2011 and haven't queried them. Do you have information they don't have, or is it just another throwaway slur with nothing to back it up apart from your imagination?

It's Oak, rubl. Do you have some dispensation with regard to the forum rules about using proper names?

Terribly sorry, excuses and all that. I had two beers in soi7 New Wave (which may or may not be the new TV bar). When you'll drop by also next week I'll buy you a beer to say sorry, my dear fabby

it would make an interesting study to show how many politicians are related to one another in some way.

Or how their children,wives, and other close family members are doing? To have a politician that is technically insolvent, is that in the rules that they can stay in parliment:

• Like 1

What were these people worth 3 years ago?

Indeed. It's not an issue if a politician is rich, only if there's a sharp increase in his finances during his tenure (and to

be on the safe side - a bit after that as well).

As far as I recall from previous articles, sounds about the same for Yingluck and Plodprasob.

Then again, these are declared assets, doesn't necessarily mean nothing stashed on the side - there's no system in

place to constantly monitor and investigate each and every politician, so inquiries are done only when there's some

complaint (theoretically, TIT).

Another question that ought to be asked regarding politicians taking office is where they got the money declared, but

again, probably can't verify each and every case without an in-depth investigation.

Do you think that any of the above would give me a sub? :D

Just as a matter of interest, what's the interest rate on 100 M Baht a day? if you had that wealth in a bank? wouldn't that be a ridiculous amount of money too ?

I think people are perhaps getting confused as to the difference between assets and bank balances, wouldn't assets cover everything from bank balances, to property/real estate, to stock and shares in companies, based on their stock market value?

Do you think that any of the above would give me a sub? biggrin.png

Just as a matter of interest, what's the interest rate on 100 M Baht a day? if you had that wealth in a bank? wouldn't that be a ridiculous amount of money too ?

I think people are perhaps getting confused as to the difference between assets and bank balances, wouldn't assets cover everything from bank balances, to property/real estate, to stock and shares in companies, based on their stock market value?

Sub as in "Subway"?! I dunno about that, could be a trick if it counts as a sandwich.

• Like 1

If you think you are surprised by these numbers, they are just peanuts.

Rich people have found ways to wash money early in life already. There would be accounts in several countries allocated as necessary. Monetary value items would be "transferred" to a physical item which has the monetary value but without the trace. These include tradable artifacts and in more recent times tea were used as well. These tea are marked by numbers, and only a selected few have them, and recognized by the year just like wine. The size of your palm and thickness of half an inch, costs 20,000+. The rich accumulate wealth while making sure it is in an untraceable form. In fact that is what a lot of multi billionaire Chinese are doing right now, even with the communist government preventing any assets leaving the country.

Welcome to the rich society. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I saw a report as follows?:

- Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the PDRC:

Assets: Bt210 million

The Thaugsuban family are as powerful as the Shinawatra's in Chiang Mai.

Unadulterated BS.

Assets

Suthep: alleged (without a link) 210 million baht

whereas

Thaksin: 51.9 BILLION baht

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/708661-eleven-thais-make-forbes-billionaires-list/#entry7522841

Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha of 306,670,351.12 baht

Royal Thai Army pays well these days then?

Deputy Prime Minister Yuthasak Sasiprapha of 306,670,351.12 baht

Yingluck's government cabinet ministers are paid great.

• Like 1

What were these people worth 3 years ago?

same

Some have somehow managed to "lose" hundreds of millions of baht compared to 8 years ago.

OP

Yingluck with Bt574.3 million

Bloomberg

When the family sold its flagship Shin Corp. to Singapore’s Temasek Holdings Pte for 73 billion baht in 2006, Yingluck netted 985 million baht.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-06-16/thaksin-looms-in-thai-vote-as-yingluck-lead-deters-investors.html

• Like 1

Tabs,

I'm not really that interested in what the MP's assets are, I'm more curious as to how a General has amassed such wealth, and I doubt it was because he was a smart investor and hasn't spent a single baht since the day of his commission. I doubt the pay structure of a General would be that great salary wise per month, I doubt they'd earn anymore than 1,000,000 baht per month, and remember the RTA is top heavy with "Generals" with over 1,000 of them (might go a long way to explain the increases in their budget)

Transparency is/was the Junta buzzword, if he's made his wealth with smart investments, no problems, but if there's backhanders etc then lets have it in the open, if General Prayuth has the intentions to lead the country after he retires, the first thing he should be doing is declaring all his wealth and assets and how he got these, that would be the right and decent thing to do. Clean up the Military that's so far been untouchable, and it would be a magnanimous gesture of honesty and transparency, and it would indeed be a case of leading by example.

Politicians by their very nature are born to be sleaze bags, it goes without saying they're as dodgy as a 3 dollar bill!!

• Like 1