krisb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5/11/77 The Clash on the White Riot Tour

2006 Sigur Ros at Somerset House in London

1980 The opening night of The Wall at Earls Court

Many more wonderful memories and one of the things I miss here. Original live music

• Like 1

Individual concert I would say 'The Who' at Wembley with Zak Starkey on drums. Some of the festivals are superb too. My particular favourite was Reading (UK) in 1998.

Best overall live act though for me for just shear fun & energy would be ACDC.

• Like 1

Mine was the Ramones,

I've lost count of how many times I've seen them. "LOBOTOMY! LOBOTOMY!" in the mosh pit. Ah memories....

Too many good ones to list the best. Slayer, The Damned, Public Enemy ( 7 times), Schoolly D, KRS-1, Henry Rollins, The Prodigy, Eric B and Rakim, Motorhead, Big Audio Dynamite, The Cramps, The Specials, LL Cool J, Stetsasonic were up there though

But the loudest? Surprisingly Sigue Sigue Sputnik at Norwich UEA. They certainly went up to 11.

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

Elvis when he was good, friendly, and magnetic.....

Dire Straits - same set they had in Basel..... (catch it on Youtube)

Chicago twice & one time Chicago and Beach Boys.....

+ a concert I didn't really want to go to......sitting on the green and watching Elton John put on a 3 1/2 hour show - masterful

And Jimmy Buffet - just for the fun of it - a good fun time show and the girls start drinking 3-4 hours early and falling out of their coconut bras in the parking lot......

Nat King Cole & Roy Orbison (different shows) in a small intimate setting - Roy is little and with no effort just filled the atmosphere with notes only he could master.....

Ben Vereen before his accident was dynamic.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

Hendrix last one at Cambridge Circus in London.

Procul Harum as the warm up with their one and only hit.

Then Jimi, 15 min drum solo while they worked on the amps.

Ended with usual poetry reading from the back of his guitar, in between playing it with his teeth, and finally trashing it and the amps.

Don't remember the rest of the night. Whatever.

• Like 1

5/11/77 The Clash on the White Riot Tour

2006 Sigur Ros at Somerset House in London

1980 The opening night of The Wall at Earls Court

Many more wonderful memories and one of the things I miss here. Original live music

Actually loads of original, live music all over Thailand.

Open your ears...

• Like 1

Pink Floyd "The Wall"

Dortmund 13-20 Feb 1981

Went twice

Santana

special guest: Earth, Wind & Fire

U2 @ Open Air Loreley

^ yes forgot about U2. Leeds 1990 ish, fantastic

Vienna 1786, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Antonio Salieri - duelling harpsichords.

A battle of the Giants - the free spirit genius vs the grand technical master

For contemporary I give it to Jose Itirbi duet with his daughter in the Film "My Daring Daughters" or the Welsh/Zulu duet in the movie "Zulu". For live performance I nominate Verdi's Aida played in Cremona Italy 1993. Many thanks to the benevolent Giovanni Carutti. For hard rock Black Sabbath rip my friend.

• Like 1

I think around 1990, Hockenheim Open Air:

Simple Minds, Tina Turner, Jethro Tull, Chris de Burgh, Die Toten Hosen, Alannah Miyes, Gianna Nannini, Fury in the Slaughterhouse, and many more.

Elvis when he was good, friendly, and magnetic.....

Dire Straits - same set they had in Basel..... (catch it on Youtube)

Chicago twice & one time Chicago and Beach Boys.....

+ a concert I didn't really want to go to......sitting on the green and watching Elton John put on a 3 1/2 hour show - masterful

And Jimmy Buffet - just for the fun of it - a good fun time show and the girls start drinking 3-4 hours early and falling out of their coconut bras in the parking lot......

Nat King Cole & Roy Orbison (different shows) in a small intimate setting - Roy is little and with no effort just filled the atmosphere with notes only he could master.....

Ben Vereen before his accident was dynamic.....

Your first and second last paragraph without Nat King Cole, brilliant, your fourth, heard a better noise flushing the toilet.