Two knife-wielding men threaten Pattaya school Students over Facebook clash

Rimmer

Two knife-wielding men threaten Pattaya school Students over Facebook clash

knife-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday afternoon, Police stationed at the Police Box located outside of Pattaya School Number 8 in South Pattaya received a complaint from two 15 year old students that they had just been threatened by two men armed with knives.

Police received descriptions of the two men and were able to locate them in Soi 8 off Pattaya Second Road. Khun Apiwat aged 18 and a 17 year old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were taken to Pattaya Police Station along with the complainants and two other students who are thought to have been involved in a Facebook argument with the two suspects.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/133209/two-knife-wielding-men-threaten-pattaya-school-students-over-facebook-clash/#sthash.0r0wNNyt.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-06-28

Just another example of the violence that lays just below the surface in 'The Land of Smiles' . Can't wonder at it when every day and night the kids play violent video games or watch Thai soaps containing violence in every other scene. That is when they are not on Facebook !

I don`t think its just what they are watching on T.V. In Pataya they see this every day happening in real life,

• Like 1

A Facebook argument? My salad photo is greener than yours?

Perhaps it was a matter of som tum plagiarism !

And I would much rather argue with you guys than my wife. At least I can just shut the computer down when I am tired of arguing with TV people. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I don't know of one person who has Facebook who hasn't had some form of argument but this is taking the pish.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

:.

I have Facebook, I have had arguments. I have never had a Facebook argument. I would argue Facebook is facile.

To get into a knife fight over a comment on Facebook is pathetically tragic.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't know of one person who has Facebook who hasn't had some form of argument but this is taking the pish.

:.

I have Facebook, I have had arguments. I have never had a Facebook argument. I would argue Facebook is facile.

To get into a knife fight over a comment on Facebook is pathetically tragic.

"I have Facebook, I have had arguments. I have never had a Facebook argument."

Where did you have your argument if not on FB?

Just another example of the violence that lays just below the surface in 'The Land of Smiles' . Can't wonder at it when every day and night the kids play violent video games or watch Thai soaps containing violence in every other scene. That is when they are not on Facebook !

"Land of Smiles"??? I thought so, till I saw this incidence in Sukumvit between Soi 11 n 15 last week. A couple of hawkers were assaulting a farang (50+) and his wife was trying to defend the husband. I think the dispute started over some haggling on the prices of wares sold. The husband was bleeding and was trying to run away and the attackers were chasing him and holding him and hitting him. His wife also got hit a couple of times. All the time the man was saying...sorry..sorry..forgive me....take the money you want and leave me...but to no respite.

There were many on lookers and no one was intervening (Including me). It was a total shock for me to see that Thai people can behave so violently. I am in Thailand for close to 7 months now and this was the first incident i witnessed. It left me soooo shaken, even till day, I keep wondering could I have done something differently to help the poor man. May be I could have called the tourist police??!!

• Like 1

I'm puzzled as to why anyone thinks that this topic, along with many other topics on this forum, only applies to Thailand. In the UK there are countless issues concerning cyber bullying, arguments relating to Facebook & stabbings of various people by various other people.

Barely a day passes when there isn't an item in the news relating to Facebook problems. Barely a week passes without someone being stabbed to death somewhere, not to mention other stabbing in which the victim survives. Many of these incidents, fatal & non fatal, relate to incredibly petty incidents. The UK also has dodgy traders who aren't beyond a bit of physical persuasion either.

Some of you also comment on Thai wives and girlfriends being impossible to shut up. If you think that is peculiar to Thai women you have clearly never had an English. (or other nationality) wife or girlfriend!

I was married to an English women for 20 years, (I probably should have divorced her sooner for my own peace of mind), who was NEVER wrong. The fact that I would stay silent and refuse to argue back didn't change the ear battering I got on an almost daily basis for years and years, starting within a few months of marrying her. My mother in law was almost as bad, but I didn't have to live with her!

Now I am married to a Thai. We have been together for 11 years and in that time we have rarely even had a cross word, never mind an argument. I treat her with respect and she does likewise to me. She works hard, contributes to our lifestyle, is pleasant, polite, cheerful and optimistic, well educated and her family have treated me royally since the day I met them. They do not ask for money or lean on me in any way. I could go on. She outshines every other woman I've ever met. (Yes, I have met quite a few). In return, I try to be the same as her. We are both happy!

So, although this is a Thai forum, it doesn't have to be a constant barrage of criticism. It would be really nice if there were some positive threads on here to balance things out. I can't be the only one who has found years of happiness with a Thai.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Land of Smiles"??? I thought so, till I saw this incidence in Sukumvit between Soi 11 n 15 last week. A couple of hawkers were assaulting a farang (50+) and his wife was trying to defend the husband. I think the dispute started over some haggling on the prices of wares sold. The husband was bleeding and was trying to run away and the attackers were chasing him and holding him and hitting him. His wife also got hit a couple of times. All the time the man was saying...sorry..sorry..forgive me....take the money you want and leave me...but to no respite.

There were many on lookers and no one was intervening (Including me). It was a total shock for me to see that Thai people can behave so violently. I am in Thailand for close to 7 months now and this was the first incident i witnessed. It left me soooo shaken, even till day, I keep wondering could I have done something differently to help the poor man. May be I could have called the tourist police??!!

Let this be a lesson for you...choose your arguments wisely...the Thais do not fight fair...they do not fight alone...and are not given to stop beating a foreigner until he is subdued...many incidents over price of goods...some foreigners have been badly hurt...I personally believe this is tied to a barely contained smoldering resentment of foreigners in general...doesn't take much to bring it to the surface...

• Like 1

Let this be a lesson for you...choose your arguments wisely...the Thais do not fight fair...they do not fight alone...and are not given to stop beating a foreigner until he is subdued...many incidents over price of goods...some foreigners have been badly hurt...I personally believe this is tied to a barely contained smoldering resentment of foreigners in general...doesn't take much to bring it to the surface...

Is it so?? I thought the incident that i witnessed, was one off!!! An exception. I keep hearing that Thailand is a friendly place and people are quite polite and sweet. Even otherwise, in my work place and in most other public places, I see people to be polite and respectful and sweet. I hope, I stay here long enough to share some of the pleasant experiences like our Norfolk Fox here. {Of course, minus a Thai wife since my wife of 17 yrs is sweet and smart and we do have the usual quota of arguments that any married couple encounter. But, that is what marriage is all about, right? ..giving and taking ;)}

That danged facebook is full of argument. Thats why I closed my account and spend time here on TV now.

;-)

Ha ha! Just another example of what happens after reading too many TV posts!

Simple answer, close down facebook worldwide.

In fact close down all of the anti social websites then maybe the simpletons that are addicted to them can once again learn the art of communication and conversation.

Sarcasm, I presume from an astute TV member.