What to do when you see a farang who seems like a nice guy with a girl you don't think is nice?

farang000999

Funny to read all these responses of staying out of it. I wonder if it would happen to them and somebody, friend f.i., knew their girl was bad news, and they would keep quiet, how they would react when later it all went sour.

A little sincere help from friends/acquintances CAN be reciprocal.

It did happen to me!

I was walking down the road with a mate, and there was my gf, arm in arm with some white guy.

My mate said, isn't that your misses, I said shhhh, we'll not notice.

As they passed she gave me a sneaky sideways smile, I didn't say a word.

How did it continue ?

• Like 1

Funny to read all these responses of staying out of it. I wonder if it would happen to them and somebody, friend f.i., knew their girl was bad news, and they would keep quiet, how they would react when later it all went sour.

It did happen to me!

I was walking down the road with a mate, and there was my gf, arm in arm with some white guy.

How did it continue ?

I married her two weeks later.

• Like 2

I was going to say do nothing as he is p@ssy whipped.. But some of the guys here have the best ideas give here one or two or three and make sure you get busted... Best thing you can do for your friend.

Sent from my c64

This happened to me back in the States. One girl asked me what to do. Her best friend was getting married to a guy she did not trust. She suspected he just wanted her family's money. I know this guy, and I agreed with her. I said, "If she is your best friend, then you need to tell her the truth. You need to help her see what he is doing." She took my advice and it ended their friendship. I was at the wedding. Their friendship was over. Needless to say, the couple divorced.

I still think she did the right thing by telling her best friend the truth. But look what happened? A best friendship over. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut. You can't help some people.

• Like 1

It did happen to me!

How did it continue ?
I married her two weeks later.
Hope you got a discount on the sin sot.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

The problem the OP is having is the 'seems like a nice guy bit'.

The guy might be nice, but there is a reason why all of us choose to be with the person we are with.

And if you want to understand how deeply ingrained that is into who and what we are consider this.

Look around the people you know who make really bad choices about the people they form relationships with, let's for example consider guys who repeatedly date highly strung women (there's enough of that going on in Thailand).

Now consider that it takes less than 30 seconds for an individual to fall for another person.

Now consider this happens in both directions.

So a man (or woman) who repeatedly forms relationships with damaged people is able to recognise and be attracted to the signs of damage in a matter of seconds.

Its not intellect that is causing this to happen, which is why trying to convince people of their mistake in relationship at the intellectual level seldom, if ever works.

If you meet an individual with a flawed partner, and are thinking what is this nice person doing dating/marrying some like that.... Its because you have not seen the flaw on the other side of the equation.. Be assured, its there.

This is a good post but two points of consideration:

1. The relationship exists outside of Thailand.

2. The gentleman's flaw may be his physical appearance which leaves a lot to be desired. I would imagine that he has a very hard time with women.

This happened to me back in the States. One girl asked me what to do. Her best friend was getting married to a guy she did not trust. She suspected he just wanted her family's money. I know this guy, and I agreed with her. I said, "If she is your best friend, then you need to tell her the truth. You need to help her see what he is doing." She took my advice and it ended their friendship. I was at the wedding. Their friendship was over. Needless to say, the couple divorced.

I still think she did the right thing by telling her best friend the truth. But look what happened? A best friendship over. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut. You can't help some people.

Well....apparantly it was not a best friendship. So good for your friend to know it sooner than later.

• Like 1

This is a good post but two points of consideration:

1. The relationship exists outside of Thailand.

2. The gentleman's flaw may be his physical appearance which leaves a lot to be desired. I would imagine that he has a very hard time with women.

Human behaviour, and failings, do not start or end at Thailand's borders and while there may be physical flaws, the flaws that compel us to make the wrong choices in relationships are all in our own mind.