Low season friendlyness and hi season arrogance

coconutbar

Low season last year I befriended the thai owner in my hotel and we would eat together and chillout often ,

I went back in high season and returned to the same hotel and sayed hello to the owner and she just acted like she had never seen me ......

Really akward situation it dosent take much to say hello and smile even if she couldnt remember me.

Or maybe now she has a solid locked in mate and

1) doesn't want to lead you on

2) the mate may have jealousy issues and spies on her staff.

3) she actually expected more of you before and the you left,

So she feels you blew her off before.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

The trouble is, she does remember you. She remembers how you used to accept her hospitality in the low season and she's very subtly saying, "I was bored then and gave you my time and food, but not this time when I am busy and have money to make. In any case, your breath smells." whistling.gif Just remember there are many Thai smiles, and you must learn not to take them all too seriously. wink.png

• Like 1

Meh......

Maybe she remembered me and just ignored me because im actually a balding loser with a pot belly ,not a charasmatic ex special forces muay thai champion who speaks fluent thai , working in bkk as anything but a teacher, and owns multiple propertys all over thailand with his hi-so chinese /thai wife who met whilst studying a masters in cambridge University.

I think you have just answered your own question,she was intimidated by your greatness,i often find myself in the same situation,coconut.

Edited by marko kok prong
  • Like 1

Meh......

Maybe she remembered me and just ignored me because im actually a balding loser with a pot belly ,not a charasmatic ex special forces muay thai champion who speaks fluent thai , working in bkk as anything but a teacher, and owns multiple propertys all over thailand with his hi-so chinese /thai wife who met whilst studying a masters in cambridge University.

I think you have just answered your own question,she was intimidated by your greatness.

And wealth, after all she was just a hotel owner

OP out of curiosity, how much tip did you leave maids and reception?

And when you ate and chilled, did you pick up the bills ? or did you go Dutch ? Or did she pay? Or did you take turns?

Also after you left, did you ever contact her? Say emails? Or Facebook chats or Line chats?

Thais are very good at being professional friends and as such are totally superficial. Never imagine that there is any depth of feeling there at all. There isn't.

Must be nice to know so many Thais to be able to generalize about the whole population. How many do you know? Or maybe you should write, "The 3 Thais that I know well are good at being professional friends but I don't know if this is a country wide phenomenon or only true for the few Thai people I know."

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Thais are very good at being professional friends and as such are totally superficial. Never imagine that there is any depth of feeling there at all. There isn't.

Must be nice to know so many Thais to be able to generalize about the whole population. How many do you know? Or maybe you should write, "The 3 Thais that I know well are good at being professional friends but I don't know if this is a country wide phenomenon or only true for the few Thai people I know."

should he'pack his bag's'?

Right,pack yer bag's,includes the Mother in law of course.

Answering your own question. You must be really bored...or lonely.

Yeah,both,to be honest,miss Australia,miss my kid's,but only trying to have a bit of fun,was a joke ,not trying to offend anyone.

Yeah,both,to be honest,miss Australia,miss my kid's,but only trying to have a bit of fun,was a joke ,not trying to offend anyone.

I know, sorry to hear though. Maybe it aint what you were hoping for.

Meh......

Whats so funny about people claiming this is I have a mate that just married a very hi so chinese and they meet at uni in the u.k. And he was a soldier.. Lol BUT here is the reality...and its a very big BUT..... She looks like miss piggy actually like her.... No bull she does.. One of the ugliest thai women I know at about 100kg. He is stuck with her now.

Ps i hope he doesnt read this lol

Sent from my c64

I've found the opposite to be true because in low season they're desperate for money.

One guy let me know I was stupid when I didn't buy one of his t-shirts.

Another tried to charge me X amount for something even though the price labels on the item quite clearly stated their real price. I accepted he was just too lazy to change his labels then tried to bargain with him if I bought multiple items. He started getting angry saying there is no discounts available. I told him to relax as there is no need to get irate and that is when he started going crazy and said he didn't want to sell me anything. He will go out of business soon and I don't feel sorry for him.

Believe what you will. It makes no difference at all.