Suthep cancels fundraising dinners after Prayuth order

Lite Beer

Suthep cancels fundraising dinners after Prayuth order
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, announced on Friday night that his second fund-raising dinner and all future fund-raising events would be cancelled.

Earlier, the PDRC announced that a second "Dinner with Uncle Kamnan" would be held yesterday at the Pacific Club. The first dinner was held earlier this month.

But Suthep cancelled the event after General Prayuth Chan-ocha, chief of the National Council for Peace and Order, said on TV on Friday night that politically motivated fund-raising events could not be held.

"I would like to apologise to all of you who want to dine with me tomorrow [saturday]. I would like to cancel the entire plan to organise dinner events every Saturday. Please accept my utmost apology," Suthep wrote on his Facebook page.

The dinners, which participants had to pay at least Bt10,000 to attend, became an issue because Suthep had been insisting for a while that he would not hold any political events or give media interviews.

However, it was reported that he claimed at the initial dinner he had been advising coup-maker General Prayuth Chan-ocha on how to deal with the regime of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra - a claim that the general strongly denied.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Suthep-cancels-fundraising-dinners-after-Prayuth-o-30237343.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-29

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should have arrested him for trying to organise a gathering of more than 5. Martial law is for everyone.

As you're so much concerned about the obeying to martial law, I hope you refrain from visiting bars and/or other events that are attended by more than 5 people.

By the way, wasn't it announced 3 weeks ago already that the fund raising was canceled and those that had participated would be refunded ?

Edit : I just read that this was another event, to raise money for the victims killed or wounded by the red shirts, as the one canceled earlier .

Edited by JesseFrank

Should have arrested him for trying to organise a gathering of more than 5. Martial law is for everyone.

As you're so much concerned about the obeying to martial law, I hope you refrain from visiting bars and/or other events that are attended by more than 5 people.

By the way, wasn't it announced 3 weeks ago already that the fund raising was canceled and those that had participated would be refunded ?

Edit : I just read that this was another event, to raise money for the victims killed or wounded by the red shirts, as the one canceled earlier .

I guess the good general did not believe what Mr Suthep said and whispered in his ear?

• Like 2

this bloke thumbs his nose at the regime he brought about with immunity.

It stinks!

Did you bother to read the OP before blurting out the above?

Suthep cancelled the event after General Prayuth Chan-ocha, chief of the National Council for Peace and Order, said on TV on Friday night that politically motivated fund-raising events could not be held.

do you think he need to hold dinner to raise funds? seriously?

He collected millions from the people during his 6 months of chaos surely he didn't spend it all on restaurants, massages and the presidential suites at top hotels.

hey Chooka just realized that your next message will the 8000th... What about to celebrate this, an expensive dinner ?? Someone some to be in the needs...

Elite business class establishment Thais don't do any charity giving or helping the poor so they look forward to having a channel to spread it around at these downtown hotel dinners. Eating Thai shrimp from the hands of slave labor.

• Like 2

Elite business class establishment Thais don't do any charity giving or helping the poor so they look forward to having a channel to spread it around at these downtown hotel dinners. Eating Thai shrimp from the hands of slave labor.

You mean that 'no hands' place is still operating?

My dear chap, this was not a 'gathering', but a classy fundraiser dinner at an appropriate place rolleyes.gif

• Like 1