Suthep cancels fundraising dinners after Prayuth order

Lite Beer

Some reports state that Suthep collected over 1 BILLION dollars on the day of his largest turnout. Any accounting for that money? No, I didn't think so. BUT with his bank accounts frozen at the time, he DID pay a few million for some property that just happened to be right next to his? Anyone investigating that? No, I didn't think so.

Keep sprouting some more drivel, why not make it a Trillion dollars. /

Sutheps bank accounts have never been frozen, thos e from the PDRC have.

Suthep never paid for land during that period, his son did.

Back under the bridge with you.

Hm, 1 Billion Bath (23 Mio. Euro) would also sound a lot. But I remember vaguely that there was this Bangkok Post article about some honorable persons and companies that supposedly donated a bit more than the ordinary 100/500/1000 Bath that the ordinary yellow supporter gave. So, it sounds a lot, but impossible?

While Yingluck and the rest of her family were under the thumb of Thaksin (would not argue that) S. Thaugsubans son is an independent person, doing his own little thingy here? Possible, but for a strange reason I doubt it.

And the PDRC money was managed by whom? A committee composed of independent bank accountants? I have no idea. Does anybody know? I would not be surprised, if the lines between S. Thaugsuban and the PDRC were at least blurry. But again, I would not know.

When the Pheu THai spokesman Prompong accused Suthep of using donated money to buy some property and demanded he prove the accusation incorrect, it was suggested that he was trying to drive a wedge between wealthy sponsors and Suthep/PDRC.

It would seem till now the only ones who make suggestions or insinuations on these matters are those who might be against Suthep/PDRC.

"It would seem till now the only ones who make suggestions or insinuations on these matters are those who might be against Suthep/PDRC."

That's kind of the way it works, rubl.

It would be highly unlikely that a supporter of suthep or the PDRC would make accusations or insinuations against the people / organisation that they support.

A Thai citizen who is not interested in suthep/pdrc/thaksin/ptp/udd etc is not likely to make accusations or insinuations.

So to sum up, all that leaves is the people who are against suthep or the PDRC. It really isn't rocket science, rubl. coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you think he need to hold dinner to raise funds? seriously?

He collected millions from the people during his 6 months of chaos surely he didn't spend it all on restaurants, massages and the presidential suites at top hotels.

"He collected millions from the people during his 6 months of chaos surely he didn't spend it all on restaurants"

I doubt he collected enough money to keep the marches and expenses going let alone any surplus!

Perhaps you can give us the figures?

• Like 1

Some reports state that Suthep collected over 1 BILLION dollars on the day of his largest turnout. Any accounting for that money? No, I didn't think so. BUT with his bank accounts frozen at the time, he DID pay a few million for some property that just happened to be right next to his? Anyone investigating that? No, I didn't think so.

Keep sprouting some more drivel, why not make it a Trillion dollars. /

Sutheps bank accounts have never been frozen, thos e from the PDRC have.

Suthep never paid for land during that period, his son did.

Back under the bridge with you.

If I had the inclination and desire to do so, I could do some research and quite easily post solid links to the things I've said. But I really don't fell like making idiots look even more idiotic. I've been around for a while, and one thing I definitely DO NOT DO, is spout "drivel". I comment on things I've read from reliable sources, and actually DO read more than TVF. Perhaps some of you should try it. You might be surprised at the things you learn. Until then, continue with your childish, school yard comments all you want, if it makes you feel better.

GOOD MAN

Dont let the bully boys keep you from speaking the truth

What "truth" would that be?

The "truth" that Suthep collected 30something Billion Baht on the day of his biggest march? or that he used the money to buy land somewhere unspecified? That's the "truth" to you?

Edited by AleG

do you think he need to hold dinner to raise funds? seriously?

He collected millions from the people during his 6 months of chaos surely he didn't spend it all on restaurants, massages and the presidential suites at top hotels.

"He collected millions from the people during his 6 months of chaos surely he didn't spend it all on restaurants"

I doubt he collected enough money to keep the marches and expenses going let alone any surplus!

Perhaps you can give us the figures?

I would rather ask: can anybody give any figures?

Wall Street Journal quoted a spokesperson of Suthep Thaugsuban that more than 1,5 Million US Dollars had been collected until the beginning of January.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303393804579310222926026720

Furthermore there was a Bangkok Post article claiming that some more or less wealthy persons and companies donated rather significantly (mainly denied by most of the names involved)

Currently, I think that founding a political movement with a ridiculous name could be a rather good idea in regard of tax evasion and money laundering.