House Robbery!?

thaigerd

English house owner bound and gagged as 500,000 Baht’s worth of valuables are taken in armed house robbery.

Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police along with other senior officers received an urgent call to attend house number 354/73 located in Soi 10 off the Tappraya Road in Jomtien after the English owner of the house had reported an armed robbery at the location.

Police arrived and spoke with Mr. Paul Edward Futcher aged 56 who explained how three men had entered his house and had stolen around 500,000 Baht’s worth of cash and valuables. The story begins on Friday Night when Mr. Futcher, who was alone at the time, was working on his computer. Suddenly three men came up behind him and one of the men was holding a gun. Mr. Futcher was held down as the men began to ransack his house in search of valuable items.

They uncovered a safe and forced Mr. Futcher to open the safe at gun point. Inside was 402,000 Baht in cash, 100 pounds sterling, a gold necklace and ring worth nearly 40,000 Baht and a DVD camera. Before the men left they tied Mr. Futchers hands and legs together and tied a piece of cord around his mouth. Some time later he managed to break free and called the Police along with his Boyfriend, Khun Wootipong aged 29 who was out at the time.

Police inspected the house and found it to be full of security equipment including a front door entry system. This led Police to theorize that at least one of the assailants had been inside the house before or was given detailed information about the security systems in place at the house by a third party. The hunt is now on for the three man gang, based on descriptions of them given by Mr. Futcher.

From PCN

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to solve this case................. :o:D:D

Little teeruk was waiting in boyztown for his friends to come back and having a party :D

Have a nice weekend!

Gerd

English house owner bound and gagged as 500,000 Baht’s worth of valuables are taken in armed house robbery.

Police Colonel Somnook, the Chief of Pattaya Police along with other senior officers received an urgent call to attend house number 354/73 located in Soi 10 off the Tappraya Road in Jomtien after the English owner of the house had reported an armed robbery at the location.

Police arrived and spoke with Mr. Paul Edward Futcher aged 56 who explained how three men had entered his house and had stolen around 500,000 Baht’s worth of cash and valuables. The story begins on Friday Night when Mr. Futcher, who was alone at the time, was working on his computer. Suddenly three men came up behind him and one of the men was holding a gun. Mr. Futcher was held down as the men began to ransack his house in search of valuable items.

They uncovered a safe and forced Mr. Futcher to open the safe at gun point. Inside was 402,000 Baht in cash, 100 pounds sterling, a gold necklace and ring worth nearly 40,000 Baht and a DVD camera. Before the men left they tied Mr. Futchers hands and legs together and tied a piece of cord around his mouth. Some time later he managed to break free and called the Police along with his Boyfriend, Khun Wootipong aged 29 who was out at the time.

Police inspected the house and found it to be full of security equipment including a front door entry system. This led Police to theorize that at least one of the assailants had been inside the house before or was given detailed information about the security systems in place at the house by a third party. The hunt is now on for the three man gang, based on descriptions of them given by Mr. Futcher.

-Pattaya City News

Saturday 24th June 2006

Police inspected the house and found it to be full of security equipment including a front door entry system.

Should have had a very cheap, webcam with motion detector, that would have uploaded pictures of the crooks automatically to the net. In fact i think it is available for free (the software, not the webcam)

Police inspected the house and found it to be full of security equipment including a front door entry system.

Should have had a very cheap, webcam with motion detector, that would have uploaded pictures of the crooks automatically to the net. In fact i think it is available for free (the software, not the webcam)

If it was an `inside job` which it looks like you would probably have found that the web cam was conveniently out of action. :o

They uncovered a safe and forced Mr. Futcher to open the safe at gun point.

This is why I would never have a safe in my home. If you have a safe people will think you have valuables worth robbing or even killing you for.

I think mr. Futcher is lucky to be alive.

Sophon

If you don't have a safe in your home, where is the best place to keep them? I mean, obviously 402,000 Baht would have been better off in the bank, but things like foreign currency, gold etc.?

If you don't have a safe in your home, where is the best place to keep them? I mean, obviously 402,000 Baht would have been better off in the bank, but things like foreign currency, gold etc.?

True, what if your not home? if you don't keep valubles in a safe, where do you keep them?

Cheers

True, what if your not home? if you don't keep valubles in a safe, where do you keep them?

Cheers

I dumped my safe as I don't need it.

Anyway, that's what we have at home we can easily give away. I mean it is kind of stupid to keep 400k Baht at Home. Must be black money.....

Cheers

It's called a safe deposit box and it resides in a bank. Crazy to keep that amount of money in the house especially in Pattaya.

Cheers

It's called a safe deposit box and it resides in a bank. Crazy to keep that amount of money in the house especially in Pattaya.

Now you have it right!! :o

Cheers

especially in Pattaya

No Brit I was right the first time. Sorry if the Pattaya whitewash brigade gets upset. :D

Cheers

especially in Pattaya

No Brit I was right the first time. Sorry if the Pattaya whitewash brigade gets upset. :D

That was a good one :D:D The "Pattaya whitewash brigade" :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Valubles? what about Passports, insurance papers, camera, etc.

Little paranoiac to keep them in a safe deposit box?

Cheers

Pattaya Paranoia vs Pattaya whitewash brigade.

I say sort it out in a drinking contest

We may have started something here.....

The Aussie contingent have no chance , the shandy drinking wallys :o

what's "shandy"?

what's "shandy"?

beer poisoned with lemonade

what's "shandy"?

beer poisoned with lemonade

post-15964-1151406881.gif post-15964-1151406812.gif post-15964-1151406948.gif