Flower-selling child slaves rescued from Khao San Road

Lite Beer

Flower-selling child slaves rescued from Khao San Road
By Coconuts Bangkok

khaosan_1.jpg?itok=hVZQzDmT

BANGKOK: -- A group of young Burmese children forced to sell flowers to tourists on Khao San Road were rescued Saturday.

Responding to complaints, police found three children, all siblings, who were sold by their mother for about THB1,800 and forced to sell flowers all day to tourists.

If they failed to meet their quota of 25 flowers per day, according to the oldest, they were beaten.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/23/flower-selling-child-slaves-rescued-khao-san-road

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-06-29

Who, what, where and when? What police? Where were the children taken? No photo of the perp? No perp walk? No arrests? Is this in any Thai papers? Muang Miang the name of the perp is the name of a Laotian food. Aw come on guys?

• Like 2

Who, what, where and when? What police? Where were the children taken? No photo of the perp? No perp walk? No arrests? Is this in any Thai papers? Muang Miang the name of the perp is the name of a Laotian food. Aw come on guys?

AY ay carm down carm down son.

That location is a cespit, and an embarrasment to Bangkok

• Like 1

AY ay carm down carm down son.

That location is a cespit, and an embarrasment to Bangkok

Hardly a reason not to expect accuracy in reporting now is it?

• Like 2

Who? Maung Miang and he's a 22 year old Burmese not a tasty lao dish.

What? Arrested for child trafficking.

Where? Chana Songkhram, Bkk.

When? Friday June 27th

What police? Anti human trafficking police.

Where were children taken? To a secure safe house for care.

No photo of perp? attachicon.gifmaung miang.jpg

No perp walk? Musta been tired.

No arrests? Of course, read the article.

Is this in any of the thai papers? have you looked?

Aw come on guys? What else do you want to know?

Google really is our friend?

I like Thai too.

http://www.dvb.no/news/human-trafficking-bust-in-bangkok-burmese-children-forced-to-sell-flowers-to-tourists/41723

Thanks but your article was not in the OP or linked to the OP. How were we supposed to find it?

When? Friday June 27th

I like Thai too.

http://www.dvb.no/news/human-trafficking-bust-in-bangkok-burmese-children-forced-to-sell-flowers-to-tourists/41723

Yeah got one more question. When are they going to hit NANA and PATPONG? The same happens there nightly with kids.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

When? Friday June 27th

I like Thai too.

Thanks but your article was not in the OP or linked to the OP. How were we supposed to find it?

With all due respect, perhaps the same way I did. Use a bit of investigation, Google etc. Start with the name. Maung is a common Burmese name. Cheers.

edit to add:

As for Nana and Patpong and Soi Cowboy and Pattaya and Patong and dozens of other entertainment venues catering to tourists, perhaps general Prayuth has set up a contact system with phone numbers or message centres. He is probably delegating authority to someone in uniform to deal with these serious issues and yes, they are very serious.

Edited by ratcatcher

More importantly... why weren't the tourists rescued as well??

Edited by Gumballl
  • Like 1

When? Friday June 27th

I like Thai too.

With all due respect, perhaps the same way I did. Use a bit of investigation, Google etc. Start with the name. Maung is a common Burmese name. Cheers.

With all due respect I did that's how I got the video about Lao food. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsK370vh4WM

However, having said that do you really feel it is the readers job to use google to complete the reporters job? Especially when the source is a source we can't quote here?

Edited by thailiketoo

The police just noticed them after 25 years+ They will be finding them on Walking Street Pattaya soon

I think they are already there, another cesspit, this time, at pattaya

The only cesspit is in your mind. Both areas are major tourist attractions and host millions of families each year. Millions of families. Cesspit? Only in your mind.

And in my mind too.

With all due respect I did that's how I got the video about Lao food. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsK370vh4WM

However, having said that do you really feel it is the readers job to use google to complete the reporters job? Especially when the source is a source we can't quote here?

Well, yes actually I do, knowing the general quality of reporting and the veracity of the stories, I often check to find out a more accurate story.. In this case the reporter had misspelt his name and you ended up with a Lao dinner as opposed to a lousy Burmese. And I didn't quote Bangkok Post.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

Well, yes actually I do, knowing the general quality of reporting and the veracity of the stories, I often check to find out a more accurate story.. In this case the reporter had misspelt his name and you ended up with a Lao dinner as opposed to a lousy Burmese. And I didn't quote Bangkok Post.

No, didn't mean to imply you did. I'm saying the story should have been more accurate because we can't use the source as a quote.

And where's the pictures of the child slaves?

Ratcatcher says we should google because the newspaper reporters can't be bothered. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Ratcatcher says we should google because the newspaper reporters can't be bothered. Hope that helps.

post-9891-0-28727100-1404047316_thumb.jppost-9891-0-60360900-1404047317_thumb.jppost-9891-0-88443300-1404047301.jpgpost-9891-0-87474900-1404047306_thumb.jppost-9891-0-69570400-1404047307_thumb.jp

No comment necessary other than this.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 1

Hey TAT... A warning to soft hearted tourists about this situation should be handed to every tourist that lands here,

Ignore the little beggars... and they will go away and so will those who try to profit from them.

But what would you prefer? They don't meet a daily quota and get beaten, or live without a beating until they are found, if found, hopefully? :(

Hobson's choice?

attachicon.giftc1.jpgattachicon.giftc2.jpgattachicon.giftc3.jpgattachicon.giftc4.jpgattachicon.giftc5.jpg

No comment necessary other than this.

One. Did you, in your first years buy a rose, or a bag of nuts from the sad face? I bet you did on at least one occasion, until you learnt more.

Looks like a typical Thai persons Facebook page!

• Like 1