Queues at the Thai Embassy in Laos for issuing ED visas?

Hi all

Does anyone know of any long queues with visa applications? I am planning on converting my visa very soon and am concerned about whether or not they are having troubles/back logs with applications.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

There have been recent reports of long ques on Monday and Thursdays because those are the days visa run vans show up.

But they still have been managing to get all the visas done by the next afternoon after applying.

• Like 1

I went two Wednesdays ago and it was not bad. totally applications was only in the 160 range

When I picked up my passport on Thursday afternoon at 1.30pm people from that morning were still waiting to hand in their paperwork

As mentioned going on a Monday or Thursday is awful and suggest you avoid these days

What about with visa run companies?

I hear they're processed faster.

Visa run companies run companies would not put you ahead, you arrive as a group, get number and wait wait and wait

A way to avoid this is to get an agent outside the embassy to do the paperwork/hand it in and collect it for you, but it is gonna cost you more

Is there a way you can get the visa without actually having to leave Thailand? For example, taking your passport themselves to Laos?

No

That would be illegal. You cannot get a visa while you are here in the country.