Added budget set aside to finish construction of 181 new Thai police stations

webfact

Added budget set aside to finish construction of 181 new police stations
By Digital Content

14041062259824.jpg

BANGKOK, June 30 -- The Royal Thai Police will receive a budget that the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) allocated and will let supervisors of each identified station hire their own contractors for the quick construction of new police stations.

Deputy police chief Pol Gen Worapong Chewprecha chaired a meeting to accelerate the construction of the police stations.

Earlier the construction of 396 police stations nationwide was stalled, but the Peace and Order Council action releases the logjam.

The NCPO allocated Bt8.357 billion in addition to a previously remaining budget of Bt2.4 billion to complete the 181 unfinished police stations at which old structures were already removed. Building 215 other police stations will be funded by the 2015 fiscal year budget.

Provincial police are permitted to form committees to work out median prices for the construction and managers of each station can sign their own contracts for quick construction.

The process can start as soon as the NCPO transfers the budget to the police.

The Royal Thai Police is assessing damage caused by PCC Development & Construction Co, the previous contractor that failed to build the 396 new police stations.

After the assessment, the police office will sue the company. PCC Development & Construction Co obtained the contract for the construction of all police stations nationwide during the tenure of the past Abhisit Vejjajiva government. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-30

Why weren't they finished when the Yingluck Govt extended the contract 3 times ?

I would hope that all the members of the police committee, including the PT candidate for the BKK mayoral election, face serious questioning as to why they recommended a single contractor for the whole job.

Including a probe by the NACC to determine if there were any inducements made to influence that decision.

It would have to be a good decision to finish the job rather than let the partly completed structures sit and deteriorate.

However each individual police region that is given money to hire contractors needs to be told that every last baht must be accounted for and every contract recommended and awarded must be free of corruption, no tea money, 'Kow jai mai' Big brother is watching.

• Like 2

I expect one centralized contract would be much cheaper but This is Thailand and we see what happened on the last central contract. So, I guess letting each police station handle the contract/construction of their station may be best now...plus we know absolutely no corruption will happen this way since the police will be handling everything (that's called satire).

Where did the original money go?

Invested in new Rolex watches, gold ones obviously, new Mercedes cars, probably Apple tablets and phones for the kids, and some diamonds for the mother in law.

Next!

Who limited it to just 1 company? Suthep. Need I say more?

So mr. red Thaksin loving sheeple, since you blame everyone else for everything that is wrong ever, riddle me this. SInce PTP are so great and since they have been in power for the last 3 years until the military took over, why in those 3 years did PTP do nothing to get the job finished ? Got a good answer for that ?

• Like 1

Wrong.

Suthep who was minister of police at the time tasked a committee of senior policeman to look into what was needed and arrange the work to be done in the best possible way.

That committee after due deliberation put a report, no doubt a hefty document as it covered a lot of work, on Sutheps desk at the completion of their investigations.

This report would have contained the recommendation that the work be given to a single company with the explanation as to why they came to that conclusion.

Whether he questioned them on this is anyones guess and if there is an inquiry that will no doubt come out, however he obviously trusted their decision and singed the contract that they put before him.

He could not be expected to go through the report and contract word for word himself for as with any organization the boss must trust those who he delegates to.

Sure he signed the contract but he was not the one who made the decision to have only one contractor.

Now answer : Why did the Yingluck government extend the contract 3 times ?

• Like 2

So mr. red Thaksin loving sheeple, since you blame everyone else for everything that is wrong ever, riddle me this. SInce PTP are so great and since they have been in power for the last 3 years until the military took over, why in those 3 years did PTP do nothing to get the job finished ? Got a good answer for that ?

Nice try at labeling and pigeonholing me, but totally off the mark. Far from being a "sheeple", and I think Thaksin is a piece of shit. And as for PTP? I can't think of a single thing they did that was good. And I haven't blamed "everyone else for everything that is wrong". Gee, sorry to ruin your day. I was merely answering the question as to who limited it to just one company. Simple answer to simple question. Fact. So why don't you try that sometime - sticking to facts - instead of running your mouth about things for which you know nothing about.

• Like 1

Wrong.

Suthep who was minister of police at the time tasked a committee of senior policeman to look into what was needed and arrange the work to be done in the best possible way.

That committee after due deliberation put a report, no doubt a hefty document as it covered a lot of work, on Sutheps desk at the completion of their investigations.

This report would have contained the recommendation that the work be given to a single company with the explanation as to why they came to that conclusion.

Whether he questioned them on this is anyones guess and if there is an inquiry that will no doubt come out, however he obviously trusted their decision and singed the contract that they put before him.

He could not be expected to go through the report and contract word for word himself for as with any organization the boss must trust those who he delegates to.

Sure he signed the contract but he was not the one who made the decision to have only one contractor.

No idea. I was never privy to their thinking, so you would have to ask them.

Next

Wrong.

"Whether he questioned them on this is anyones guess and if there is an inquiry that will no doubt come out, however he obviously trusted their decision and singed the contract that they put before him."

"He could not be expected to go through the report and contract word for word himself for as with any organization the boss must trust those who he delegates to".

I'm sure you'll keep that in mind next time you comment on Yingluck Shinawatra and the Rice Subsidy Scheme whistling.gif

Edited by fab4

Where did the original money go?

Invested in new Rolex watches, gold ones obviously, new Mercedes cars, probably Apple tablets and phones for the kids, and some diamonds for the mother in law.

Next!

I missed the article that uncovered that.

Wrong.

"Whether he questioned them on this is anyones guess and if there is an inquiry that will no doubt come out, however he obviously trusted their decision and singed the contract that they put before him."

"He could not be expected to go through the report and contract word for word himself for as with any organization the boss must trust those who he delegates to".

I'm sure you'll keep that in mind next time you comment on Yingluck Shinawatra and the Rice Subsidy Scheme whistling.gif

A project originally setup under PM Somchai, allegedly to 'reward' police help in handling pesky anti-government protesters. Nothing tangible, mind you.

Just like the Pheu Thai initiated, Yingluck promoted, Thaksin's 'profitable' Rice Scam. Or did Ms. Yingluck 'inherit' the RPPS ?

Apparently there are new guidelines in place that stipulate the following conditions of employment:-

1. You need to be straight as an arrow (not corrupt).
  2. Able to enforce the law.
  3. Follow orders from your superior.

Spokesperson representing human resources have remarked that so far they failed to get any enquiries yet ! :-)

Edited by useronthenet

Wrong.

Completely different and I am sure you know that.

One is a contract for specific work while the other was an ongoing scheme.

Yingluck is being accused of negligence by failing to oversee the scheme.

She put herself in the position of chair of the committee that was supposed to keep control of the scheme and failed to attend the meetings.

While Suthep was the minister and not on the committee that had to investigate the specific contract, his only part was signing off on the contract.

As you know so much about your beloved PTP then you may be able to answer : Why did the Yingluck government extend the contract 3 times ?

• Like 1

Nice try at labeling and pigeonholing me, but totally off the mark. Far from being a "sheeple", and I think Thaksin is a piece of shit. And as for PTP? I can't think of a single thing they did that was good. And I haven't blamed "everyone else for everything that is wrong". Gee, sorry to ruin your day. I was merely answering the question as to who limited it to just one company. Simple answer to simple question. Fact. So why don't you try that sometime - sticking to facts - instead of running your mouth about things for which you know nothing about.

But your answer was wrong, so why don't you try knowing the facts before you run your mouth off ? Gee, sorry to ruin your day. cheesy.gif

Edited by tingtongteesood

Wrong.

She put herself in the position of chair of the committee that was supposed to keep control of the scheme and failed to attend the meetings.

While Suthep was the minister and not on the committee that had to investigate the specific contract, his only part was signing off on the contract.

As you know so much about your beloved PTP then you may be able to answer : Why did the Yingluck government extend the contract 3 times ?

Is that a joke?

Whatever went wrong during the PTP "reign" is pinned on Yingluck personally. S. Thaugsuban signs a huge contract that ends up in a mess and the explanation is that he was wrongly advised, case dismissed?

No doubt, Yinguck must be seen as politically responsible for whatever her government did. If things went wrong, she obviously failed to keep her house in order. But the same applies to the government before the PTP took over. So, of course there will be questions and of course the minister who signed the contract must be asked about it (did he choose the right people to advise him?).

And regarding the extensions: looking around in Germany, I see quite a few projects, where companies ask for extensions for various reasons. It is not really unusual. The problem with projects of this extend is that once a certain point is reached and a lot of money has already been paid, there is no turning back (to abort would be more expensive than to continue) and a government is stuck with this company for better or for worse. There is plenty of room for speculation what the (real) reasons for these extensions were. If I was the owner of that company, I would probably claim that floods and riots prevented me from finishing in time. But again, room for speculation.

• Like 2

A project originally setup under PM Somchai, allegedly to 'reward' police help in handling pesky anti-government protesters. Nothing tangible, mind you.

Just like the Pheu Thai initiated, Yingluck promoted, Thaksin's 'profitable' Rice Scam. Or did Ms. Yingluck 'inherit' the RPPS ?

What relevance does your reply have to my post, because I can't see any?

Wrong.

and nowhere in that babble is there any justification for your comment "as with any organization the boss must trust those who he delegates to"

• Like 1

I have an answer. Ptp highlighted the mis appropriation of funds, to remove that contract and demand monies return would have meant legal proceedings....and everybody now knows who this judiciary is aligned too.

As for that bent little weasel Suthep..he is good people , he want stop corruption..Thaksin Bad man...I have reforms but I cant tell you now. Unless you forgot under the coup with no constitution the army can do what it likes with nobody to answer to...but wait thats what Suthep wanted

Seems to me after reading the comments there were plenty of snouts in the trough. Hopefully in due time a full and

proper investigation will happen and all guilty parties prosecuted regardless of there political affiliations. thumbsup.gif

Is that a joke?

Whatever went wrong during the PTP "reign" is pinned on Yingluck personally. S. Thaugsuban signs a huge contract that ends up in a mess and the explanation is that he was wrongly advised, case dismissed?

No doubt, Yinguck must be seen as politically responsible for whatever her government did. If things went wrong, she obviously failed to keep her house in order. But the same applies to the government before the PTP took over. So, of course there will be questions and of course the minister who signed the contract must be asked about it (did he choose the right people to advise him?).

And regarding the extensions: looking around in Germany, I see quite a few projects, where companies ask for extensions for various reasons. It is not really unusual. The problem with projects of this extend is that once a certain point is reached and a lot of money has already been paid, there is no turning back (to abort would be more expensive than to continue) and a government is stuck with this company for better or for worse. There is plenty of room for speculation what the (real) reasons for these extensions were. If I was the owner of that company, I would probably claim that floods and riots prevented me from finishing in time. But again, room for speculation.

Actually Dept. PM Suthep signed the paper which assigned a budget to the Police department. The police department signed the contract. The budget and the work to be done was defined by a police committee. Under the government before (PPP that is) PM Somchai initiated the project. It was first split into a few regional projects/budgets, but the police committee advising on this project convinced the new chief Suthep that a single project/contract would be better. Lots of knowledgable Pol. Generals involved.

Don't ask me what the Rice Scam or Ms. Yingluck has to do with this apart from the deadline being extended a few times by her government and even additional payments were made to the company contracted. Of course if some want to tell me that that was also the fault of Suthep ... ...

• Like 1

What relevance does your reply have to my post, because I can't see any?

None so blind as those who try to distract from the topic in a desperate attempt to make the suggestion that the case of the OP can be compared with the 700++ billion losing Rice Scam and that therefor Ms. Yingluck should be handled the same as k. Suthep.

Next we'll discuss how to apply the label 'fascist' to Ms. Yingluck and why she should learn the song "Don't cry for me, Thailand" rolleyes.gif

Seems like every government sank their teeth into this one.

And all the others.

There are still people on this forum who believe that only one group of politicians are corrupt. These people are an embarrassment to the education they had. Thai politics has been corrupt since the beginning, I cannot believe that there are people out there who don't realise this.

Unless, of course, ThaiVisa has been infiltrated by the Ministry of Information.

• Like 1