Retirement visa needs guarantor?

In May, immigration in Suksawad handed out a form to be signed by a Thai guarantor if people applied for extension of stay of a non O - visa because of retirement.

The guarantor should be present when the application is filed

That would mean, you cannot apply for this extension of stay if you come alone to immigration or if you don't ķnow a Thai willing to guarantee for you.

I have not met anybody who has seen this form before.

Have you?

post-17380-14041168721876_thumb.jpg

Also never seen it. It appears that the guarantor is affirming the current address of the applicant., see 2) about half way down...

I guarantee Mr/mrs ...is still living at......

Was this instead of any other address info?

Also never seen it. It appears that the guarantor is affirming the current address of the applicant., see 2) about half way down...

I guarantee Mr/mrs ...is still living at......

Was this instead of any other address info?

no

it was not instead of any other address info.

Current address was documented by rental contract with copies.

This looks like the form a Thai bar owner told me about recently - he said he had signed the form for several Farang in the past, but he said it was for them to get a Thai bank account not specifically for a visa/extension. I needed no such guarantee to get my KT account FWIW.

Interesting. Two years ago at Nakhon Sawan immigration they asked for my wife to come inside and sign a document in reference to my retirement Visa. I paid no attention to it, she signed and we left.. I've had 5 renewals and this was at the 4th renewal. This year there was nothing mentioned.

It should be noted this was given at Suksawat which is for migrant workers during the period of time when it was a temporary office for those from all countries.

Could it be possible the form was given in error by an immigration officer not fully aware of the requirements for those that are not migrant workers.

• Like 1

Or maybe the Retirement extension, is easier than a Marriage extension scenario,

is coming to an end.

Just saying like.

Have a Nice Day.

Any chance of subtitles with future posts, Chief ? What, precisely, is 'coming to an end' ?

It should be noted this was given at Suksawat which is for migrant workers during the period of time when it was a temporary office for those from all countries.

Could it be possible the form was given in error by an immigration officer not fully aware of the requirements for those that are not migrant workers.

that may be possible

I know two farangs who got this form, they both got it on the same day from the same immigration officer.

I don't know whether in the end they really needed a Thai guarantor (one had brought aThai along but she would not sign this)

Interesting. Two years ago at Nakhon Sawan immigration they asked for my wife to come inside and sign a document in reference to my retirement Visa. I paid no attention to it, she signed and we left.. I've had 5 renewals and this was at the 4th renewal. This year there was nothing mentioned.

In 2009 I applied for a marriage extension at Mae Sot and brought my wife and son but I don't remember her signing any documents.

When I went back 30 days later they explained that they had given me a retirement extension. It served me right for not checking.

From 2010 on I used Nakhon Sawan and did the retirement extension on my own and have never been given that paper.

I will be going again at the end of this month so I will see if it comes up.

Or maybe the Retirement extension, is easier than a Marriage extension scenario,

is coming to an end.

Just saying like.

Have a Nice Day.

Any chance of subtitles with future posts, Chief ? What, precisely, is 'coming to an end' ?

Everybody always says go for a retirement extension its easier than a marriage extension, less documents

Didn’t I write that earlier, and didn't i write maybe.

Or maybe it was because I sat hear with my tongue in my cheek and didn’t realise what I wrote

Have a Nice Day. (Indian)

Edited by firefox999uk

Chaengwattana now uses the same form.

They are happy if the applicant himself fills it out and signs it.

In the field "relationship" write "myself"

So applicant and guarantor are one person.