Waiter, there's a caterpillar in my lettuce..........

beau thai

beau thai , let me say that I have enjoyed your input to this forum over the past months, but this thread , I must say gives me cause for pause.

Would you not think a person a little odd that would go to a restaurant , place an order, finds that the food has a caterpillar within the salad, then this slightly off normal person just happens to have a ruler on himself, that he whips out and proceeds to measure the caterpillar??? wink.pngwink.png

Are you really that bored and lonely ??? Posting on TV doesn't put enough excitement in your life.....???

Now you have me looking through my lunch for my secret surprise.

Now do you wonder , how many of these little critters you have already eaten and didn't know it...

tongue.pngtongue.png

Having a bad day Gonzo? Too many caterpillars on your lettuce? Not enough customers? Didnt realise you were one of these sad posters that put words in others people's mouths then criticises them for what you said.

Where did I say I measured the caterpillar? 2cm was an astute guess. If I was a few mm wrong why would you think that material to my post?

I am neither bored nor lonely and no I dont spend my life wondering how many critters I have eaten. Do you? Really? Man, get a life. Get out more.

Try Dave's where I ate with friends tonight and get some real food down you.

Well, thanks for all the replies - even from the golden oldies who like their grub with grubs. Takes all sorts. Interesting that some farang find things like this acceptable when some thais dont!

And no need to visit kitchens to study hygeine evensteven -any street cart will do. And none have provoked a psychedelic yawn yet...

When you know the chef and staff haven't used any soap or toilet paper since they woke up, a caterpillar seems quite a minor problem.

So how do you 'know' that?? Just an 'educated' guess?

If that really bothers you I guess you will always eat at home, then you can ensure no bugs either as you will wash them off properly.But for me, the body learning to withstand degrees of bacteria is not the same as a caterpillar in the mouth. That's all.