Problems booking tickets on Thai Airways' site?

KruJoe

For the last 24 hours I've been trying and failing to buy flight tickets on Thai's website; it all looks good until submitting payment, then time after time I'm seeing this:

The following error(s) occured
  • We have difficulty processing your payment. Please re-enter payment information and try again. (4686 - 9098)

Yes, I've tried different computers using different browsers, and several different (good) payment cards, and I'm still getting the same.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Are they having problems, or is it me?

It could be that you are ommitting some essential information in your credit card info. Make sure that your name is eactly as on your card, your billing address iss correct and that you are entering your three-digit cvv number. Good luck. I haven't had any trouble booking online with TG but it's been a while since I've done it.

Thank for the replies. (I'm quite sure I put my details in correctly!)

I'm in the UK, I tried calling Thai's desk at London Heathrow, they could take the booking but it'd be about double the price!

I found some numbers for their Bangkok call centre, and the office at Swampy Airport, we tried calling them on Skype, but we were sent 'round in circles lost in automated systems.

I searched again for the number of the Thai office in the middle of town in Chiang Mai (053 code), we were connected straight through to a helpful lassie there who took the booking no problem using my UK credit card, emailing us the e-tickets.

The promotional price was still available, with just an additional 65 baht per person, so I'm happy with that.

In my experience of Thai, if you can talk to an actual person, they will fall over themselves to solve customers' problems... I once found a passport wallet of a passenger of theirs in a Soi across town, we called their desk late at night, and they sent out a member of staff to find us, then re-united it with its owner. Good service, eh?