Dolly does Glastonbury 2014

tigerfish

in all my years of festival going, my she sure pulled one heck of a crowd and what a set to boot.

now some may say those that know me that i'm a bit bit of snob when it comes to who should get the opportunity to play at such events. the likes of Robbie Williams would have got a bottle of pish hurled at him the year he was on the bill, if i'd been there.

but, i along with maybe a few other hundred thousands of revelers that do these things probably recognize where respect is the order of the day for artists when they turn out for such events.

Shirley Bassey being another that springs to mind, as well the headliners that earn the right for such a privilege.not forgetting all the other new and diverse acts that make this festival the biggest and most respected throughout the world.

if you don't believe me just take a look at the people within the crowds and the flags from all over that come to take in this unique gathering year after year.

and if you ever get the chance to go, it's a must.

put it on your bucket list smile.png

http://youtu.be/RKQW_iXXarc

Watched Arcade Fire on TV Friday night and were very good and a little bit of Kasabian on catch-up today. Will watch Dolly later this evening or tomorrow.

I did try to get Glastonbury tickets about five years ago and was up early on a Sunday morning ready for the 9am internet rush but failed miserably and haven't bothered since. I'll have another crack in the next few years as would like to go.

I went to Glastonbury four times in the 1980s, when the attendance was less than 20,000. Bliss, could park and pitch your tent in the main arena, saw some great acts up close. Now with 250,000 attending i wouldn't fancy it at all.

According to reports in the UK press, and many eye witness accounts, Dolly Parton was miming and lip synching, not very convincingly either. Some people are easily pleased!

I've now had the chance to listen to Dolly and managed to last most of her opener, Jolene. I can't believe that she was singing live as it just didn't sound right. But, if people enjoyed the set then fair enough.

Also watched Blondie early Friday evening and Debbie Harry was definitely singing live as my ears have only just stopped bleeding. She should take a leaf out of Dolly's book.