Two arrested in South Pattaya Russian Bag Snatch

webfact

Two arrested in South Pattaya Russian Bag Snatch

russia-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Two Thai men aged 21 and 27 were arrested in the early hours of Tuesday following a suspected bag snatch involving a 53 year old female Russian tourist.

Miss Nadezhda Nikulenkova was walking back to her Hotel in the Pratamnuk Hill area, close to the Pattaya Tourist Police Station, when the two suspects approached on a motorbike and the passenger on the bike leant over and snatched a shoulder bag which contained a mobile phone and US Dollar currency.

Due to the steepness of the hill, the bike driver lost control of his vehicle as he attempted to escape. The bike fell onto the road and the driver,

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/133460/two-arrested-in-south-pattaya-russian-bag-snatch-2/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-01

Pity the bike didn't trap both of them long enough for a Cement Mixer to plough over both of them - which just happened to be coming down the hill in the opposite direction - leaving just enough body in tact to make an ID possible !

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me if the woman has to pay for medical treatment and loss of earnings - hence the terminology -'suspected bag snatch'. The Thai man would say, if she hadn't waved her bag at me I wouldn't have lost control. But the other escapee rather spoiled that scenario - maybe you can think of his excuse -the lady was drunk and I ran for help?

Lots of folks laughing, but bag snatching from a moving vehicle should actually be classified as violent assault, several people I know (all women) have been seriously hurt by this in various countries, one dragged behind a car for several meters and her entire left side virtually skinned, one had her arm and shoulder wrenched - took a couple weeks for the bruising to go down, that jarred shoulder may give her problems for a long time. It is not like pickpocketing or just stealing a bag, the person who is targeted is often hurt. Women often wear their bags with the strap across their bodies rather than on one shoulder, exactly to make them less of a target for a bag-snatcher - but then if someone grabs it and pulls you cannot get out of it. Better to carry it in your hand and not have too much money, don't wrap the strap around your wrist either, and walk against traffic. Better to lose your bag then get hurt.