Retirement VISA - Help Please

HI all with Knowledge !!! Can you please advise

I want a 1 year visa ( retirement Visa )

my situation is as Follows

I have a 60 day Tourist Visa - i have 30 days left / expires 01 August

I want to obtain a 1 year retire visa ...

Questions are

How do i do this ??????

I have a Thai Bank account with 500 K Bht in - had this account for 3 years

Have British Pension - approx 60k bht per month - have the original letters with me

I am aged 55

I have a rented apartment in Hua HIN

Please advise me on the best method

DO i have to go outside Thailand to obtain Visa

DO i need to visit British embassy for Notary ?

All advise welcome

Many Thanks

You go to the immigration, and change that touristVISA into a non immigrant O and apply for an extension of stay based on retirement. There is no retirement-VISA it is an extension of stay.... You need to show that you have an monthly income of 65.000 baht, And the amount you lack up to 800.000 baht annualy you need to show in a thai bankaccount to the immigration.

People with better skills to explain will soon answer you.,

Glegolo

• Like 1

You can apply for a change of visa status at immigration to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

You will need a income letter from the UK embassy to prove your income. And 80,000 baht in a Thai bank to make up the difference from your annual income of 720k baht to reach the total of 800k needed.

You can get the income letter by mail from the embassy, Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

You will need a letter from your bank confirming your bank balance.

There has been a report of Hus Hin immigration doing the visa entry and extension in one trip. You will qualify for them doing this because you are doing the combination of income and money in the bank method.

You must have 15 days left on your entry to apply so you do not have a lot of time to do it. But if you have not done the 30 day extension yet for your 60 day entry you have more time.available.

You can apply for a change of visa status at immigration to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa entry.

You will need a income letter from the UK embassy to prove your income. And 80,000 baht in a Thai bank to make up the difference from your annual income of 720k baht to reach the total of 800k needed.

You can get the income letter by mail from the embassy, Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

There has been a report of Hus Hin immigration doing the visa entry and extension in one trip. You will qualify for them doing this because you are doing the combination of income and money in the bank method.

You must have 15 days left on your entry to apply so you do not have a lot of time to do it. But if you have not done the 30 day extension yet for your 60 day entry you have more time.available.

Great advise ubonjoe.

A couple of questions if I may. Where you have said " You can apply for a change of visa status at immigration to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa entry" Are there any special requirements that have to be fulfilled for this, like being married to a Thai, need medical certificate, criminal record check, etc? I am hoping to retire and have the money to transfer the 800k.

Is it possible to turn up with a 30 day visa on arrival, open a bank account, go to Laos, Cambodia, or somewhere, get a 90 day non immigrant visa, then turn up at Jomtien immigration, with the bank book which now has had the money in for 30 days, and ask for the one year extension based on retirement?

Many thanks for any replies, and sorry if I have upset anyone posting this here. I have done searches, but keep seeing conflicting replies!

Why not try and get the Non=o visa before you leave where ever you are at or if not possible get either the single entry or 2 entry tourist visa, it will cut out a trip outside of the country. Having said that if you have your ducks lined up you can do the conversion to non-o on a 30 day visa exempt entry. That will give you 60 days to have the money in the bank for 60 daysbefore applying for your extension of stay. No police or medical reports necessary in Thailand. With out a ticket to depart Thailand during the 30 day visa exempt your airline may not let you depart your departure location.

Edited by moe666

Great advise ubonjoe.

A couple of questions if I may. Where you have said " You can apply for a change of visa status at immigration to obtain a 90 day non immigrant visa entry" Are there any special requirements that have to be fulfilled for this, like being married to a Thai, need medical certificate, criminal record check, etc? I am hoping to retire and have the money to transfer the 800k.

Is it possible to turn up with a 30 day visa on arrival, open a bank account, go to Laos, Cambodia, or somewhere, get a 90 day non immigrant visa, then turn up at Jomtien immigration, with the bank book which now has had the money in for 30 days, and ask for the one year extension based on retirement?

Many thanks for any replies, and sorry if I have upset anyone posting this here. I have done searches, but keep seeing conflicting replies!

Getting every thing done on a 30 day entry would be difficult. You can easily get a a single entry tourist visa from the embassy in London by post.

The after arriving open a bank account and transfer the money in. Then go to immigration and apply for the change of visa status. And after the money has been in the bank apply for extension of stay.

You could go out for single entry non-o visa but some locations now will want to see that the money is in the bank. In order to apply for the extension the money must be in the bank for 60 days and you can only do it during the last 45 days of your entry.

Just a reminder that when using a combination of savings + income to meet the B800,000 requirement, Hua Hin is one of the locations that requires the savings be in the bank 90 days. (Presumably only 60 days for the first extension?)