Anyone flying into Bangkok soon and have some spare space in their bag?

Metapod

I've been dying to get a George Foreman Grill here in Thailand. It seems impossible.

So last ditch effort is to see if someone here might be able to do me a big favour and bring one over. I would appreciate it ALOT!

Of cause I would give you the cash for it, and also happy to shout you some beers or food for your troubles too.

For those that don't know what a GF grill is. It is a small electric grill that is amazing for cooking meats (not so much steaks as it dries them out), and veges. I use it for all kinds of stuff, but the main one is chicken breasts.

Don't need to use oil and it drains the fat. Cooks super fast and hassle free to clean. The swiss army knife of bachelor cooking.

george_foreman_grill.jpg

Let me know if anyone is able to help out. Cheers!

Edited by Metapod

Don't forget. Thailand is 220V, not 120V.

I made that mistake once when ordering something in ebay US expecting the whole world to use 220v. Thank god i noticed it before they had shipped it and cancelled the order.

Can't believe that people think that what they "need" is so important that it deserves to disturb others...

I can't believe someone would let the OP put "something" in their bag flying back into country who they have met on the internet

Isnt this the excuse drug mules use all the time when they get ?.....someone asked them to carry a package for them ?

You read the OP ? You are the 2nd one to make a comment like this. Anyway, another post to your total postcount. Good for ya.

• Like 2

Is there any real value to this? I use a standard Thai brazier and an enclosed wire mesh (to hold the meat) and probably get the same lower fat result (and the fat that drips off gets burned away, not thrown away). The grilled taste is nice as well. So why the Foreman grill?

Can't believe that people think that what they "need" is so important that it deserves to disturb others...

I can't believe someone would let the OP put "something" in their bag flying back into country who they have met on the internet

Isnt this the excuse drug mules use all the time when they get ?.....someone asked them to carry a package for them ?

You read the OP ? You are the 2nd one to make a comment like this. Anyway, another post to your total postcount. Good for ya.

Take that stick out your bottom, and I believe there is a humour transplant that can be had these days

We bought ours at HomePro same thing different name. Try Verasu in BKK .

I went to HomePro (and 100 places) yesterday. Didn't find anything remotely similiar. Closest thing I found was a sandwich grill and that won't suffice.

We bought ours at HomePro same thing different name. Try Verasu in BKK .

I went to HomePro (and 100 places) yesterday. Didn't find anything remotely similiar. Closest thing I found was a sandwich grill and that won't suffice.

OK I am sorry not Home Pro. Just asked the wife it's a Philips from Tesco , price around 2,990.00

I was just thinking about this the other day. If TV members could take and bring things from other countries we would save a fortune on shipping and import tax.

I know about the drug thing but it's still very workable.

I brought one from the US - it needs 1600 or 1800 watts of power......when I researched I couldn't find any listed as 220V......mine is going back to the states when I do and we'll use it in the RV......

Is it stuffed with drugs, They ask " has anyone given you anything to carry for them in your bag. " Did you pack your bag yourself, they put people in prison for what is being asked here.

"Of cause I would give you the cash for it" are the filled with drugs when they come out of the factory?

• Like 1

I was just thinking about this the other day. If TV members could take and bring things from other countries we would save a fortune on shipping and import tax.

Well if the OP gives the money and the other TV member buys it for him than there is no risk of drugs.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is it stuffed with drugs, They ask " has anyone given you anything to carry for them in your bag. " Did you pack your bag yourself, they put people in prison for what is being asked here.

"Of cause I would give you the cash for it" are the filled with drugs when they come out of the factory?

Its whenever specific addresses are strongly suggested and phrases like "Make sure you only talk with 'Jose'" that would make me nervous.

Still, in all my years of travelling, I never carry for anyone else, even if I know them....................wink.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Its whenever specific addresses are strongly suggested and phrases like "Make sure you only talk with 'Jose'" that would make me nervous.

Still, in all my years of travelling, I never carry for anyone else, even if I know them....................wink.png

I'm not asking anyone to carry something of mine for me.

I am asking them to buy something in their country and bring it here.

Pretty big difference there I think. I don't see how it is hard to understand.

• Like 2

Didn't read the 10000 bath rule then.

Often brought some cheese or sausage for someone.....

Is there any real value to this? I use a standard Thai brazier and an enclosed wire mesh (to hold the meat) and probably get the same lower fat result (and the fat that drips off gets burned away, not thrown away). The grilled taste is nice as well. So why the Foreman grill?

So why the Foreman grill?

Marketing ... we are marketed sooooooooo much in the West.

It's a good product, not debating that ... but the end consumer pays for all that advertising .. that's how the system works.

It's great that the OP is obviously concerned for his health and wants to (most likely) reduce his fat intake ... but as Rooo suggested above ... there are similiar products available in Thailand.