tot service

johnmcc6

I am having many many time outs trying to surf the web. I had the guy out who said they have gone to fibre and changed my settings for connections. Everything takes forever and the time outs are terrible. Anyone else having this problem or is my computer/modem stuffed???

I'm using TOT as well and had an issue where several websites weren't accessible through my WiFi but could be reached on 3G. Modem and router resets didn't change anything and using the 'tracert' command indicated TOT was the problem. This went on for a day or so but noticed all back to normal again this morning (2/7).

Johnmcc6

You said: "I am having many many time outs trying to surf the web. I had the guy out who said they have gone to fibre and changed my settings for connections. Everything takes forever and the time outs are terrible. Anyone else having this problem or is my computer/modem stuffed???"

I have to ask for clarification. The tech saying "gone to fibre" reads to me as if you are on ADSL. He would not have said that if you were already on fiber.

Therefore, if the tech did not run new copper coax from the fiber box on a pole outside on the street into your desk and give you a cable modem/router I do not see what difference having fiber in the area would make to you on ADSL coming in on a phone line.

Now if he was just suggesting you change over, that would make sense. After he made the suggestions, I would guess he then just tried to adjust your connection so that the impact of too many users sharing the bandwidth is minimized.

If my assumption is true, I would suggest you consider moving to fiber. Works for me, way better than my old TOT ADSL.

I just logged on to Thai Visa CM forum for this very reason - to see if anyone else had posted about slow interent on TOT or to ask the question if nothing on here. I know now that I'm not the only one (was happening all day yesterday and still doing so this morning) so I'll be patient for a while longer. Seems to be only affecting web pages, not downloading or Skype which uses different protocols.