Study examines growing trend of Thai women staying single

webfact

There are some lovely single Thai ladies available especially in the 40 - 50 year old bracket. Many are just looking for friendship.( others are not......) I have been living in Thailand for 3 years now and i have never had a thai girlfriend ( perhaps you could admire my honesty) I am very independent and just have never met anybody so far that can " push the right buttons " I do have to admit when i do meet a lady and with the slightest mention of the word " money " i just lose interest and walk away.

farang jaidee ( single )

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the alternative? Marrying a drunken, philandering, violent loser earning a pittance with the IQ of an artichoke.

Well considering that women aren't somehow superior to men, there should be a fitting women for ever male loser.

I think that women these days are wising up. They know they can find a casual bit of Friday night sausage, without the stinky loafer staying around for longer than a few hours.

oh shit, you've met me then ?

I'm more of a minute man

Besides the percentages, sounds like a fair study to me. And yes, lots of Thai women that are not married have kids (dumped with grandparents or family as another study showed) and be it a farang or a Thai man, we are really NOT God s gift to women. Maybe most of us should have a serious re think about our selves.

Many of Mrs. Morch's female friends are single. Was quite surprised by that to begin with.

Most could be described as decent women, educated, ok jobs, some not hard on the eyes.

What then?

Reasons cited are certain perceived characteristics of Thai men (or in some cases Thai-Chinese,

apparently, "totally different"), infidelity a major concern. Many have an old heartthrob, a memory

to cling to. Seems like once they get used to it, they're not too keen on letting go of being free.

Being single isn't that frowned upon as in the past, so more acceptable to families and friends.

This story comes as no real surprise. I am currently unavailable after all, so why would they bother?

And your statement also comes as no surprise- considering your name clap2.gif

Be very careful. I was in the SAS, you know...?

Salvation Army Specials ? wink.png

• Like 1

"Men who like men accounted for 3 to 17 percent of the population."

What kind of meaningless statistic is this? 3-17% is an awfully wide range. And "like"? Shouldn't they determine if they are gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Totally agree, where are the statistics on women who lick women....*like

• Like 2

"Men have indeed gone missing because of their higher mortality rate"

I almost misread higher MORALITY .... and then I was thinking, Thai men ? nahhhh ... mortality , that sounds more like it

• Like 1

There are some lovely single Thai ladies available especially in the 40 - 50 year old bracket. Many are just looking for friendship.( others are not......) I have been living in Thailand for 3 years now and i have never had a thai girlfriend ( perhaps you could admire my honesty) I am very independent and just have never met anybody so far that can " push the right buttons " I do have to admit when i do meet a lady and with the slightest mention of the word " money " i just lose interest and walk away.

farang jaidee ( single )

There you are, your first paragraph I do agree with. There was something in another thread only last week that the poster said about UK women. He said that the majority of women there over thirty were overweight.

I don't know if he is right or wrong, but I will find out next month when I go to the UK.

This story comes as no real surprise. I am currently unavailable after all, so why would they bother?

And your statement also comes as no surprise- considering your name clap2.gif

Be very careful. I was in the SAS, you know...?

I thought all British TVF members were?

Got a Thai female friend, 28, Master's Degree from Thammasat in Law, total knockout, and she put it quite blunt to me in perfect English when we were talking about this a few months back: "Between the fags and deadbeats who want me to support them and their bad habits, there's not much to choose from.". cheesy.gif

Funny.rolleyes.gif Do they teach English hate speech at Thammasat? coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Got a Thai female friend, 28, Master's Degree from Thammasat in Law, total knockout, and she put it quite blunt to me in perfect English when we were talking about this a few months back: "Between the fags and deadbeats who want me to support them and their bad habits, there's not much to choose from.". cheesy.gif

I take it she was referring to Thai men, but I think there are Farangs like that too, especially after they have been here a while. A lot Of Farangs come over here initially with a lot of money, get a Thai wife, then turn into deadbeats with bad habits. Just look around you, the overweight, facial haired, tattoed species. How many Thai men have that description?

When it comes to deadbeats with bad habits, the Thai men are not as bad as the Farangs, the thing is, the Farangs living here have plenty of money by Thai standards, and in most cases, that's the only appeal they have.

May I also point out that I have met quite a lot of TV members, and not one of them is of the facial haired tattooed type, and none of the guys I have known for years who live near me are TV members.

• Like 1

I often wondered if a man pays a big sinsod and gold to the parents to marry their daughter and she is unhappy in the marriage and leaves can he request a refund of the sinsod and gold? I have heard of one such case am wondering if there was more out there.

I have heard it said by a number of single females that at the top universities here the proportion of straight to gay males is about 60:40. As a result, the number of available males is quite low comparatively speaking (according to them).

Even in the company where I work I would say that proportion applies. A good 80 percent of the employees graduated from those same universities, so perhaps there is some truth in it.

I do not know what this means demographically, but in the middle-middle, upper middle class, and upwards, it really does seem that the availability of suitable single men is somewhat limited due to sexual orientation.

• Like 1

The grass is always greener on the other side, so as expectations rise so does the lack of commitment! when looking at your boyfriend wishing he was rich.then by the time you get back to where you started you are a bit messed up and the idea of saving face is too hard for a lot of ladies..apologosing and all that, follow your heart used to be the motto.. now like everything else it is follow the money! and any lady who does have money will usually find a thai male close by scounging off her and ruining any chance she may have of meeting a nice guy. being single just seems to save a lot of problems!

I think its a growing trend around the world. Even in farangland looking at my options at my age (40's) there is no way in hell I would want to get involved with a woman around my age, baggage unlimited no thanks and I would be bored shi*less and dying for some younger female at tiger disco. Looking at two friends of mine who are married I do not envy them for one minute. A female friend of mine just hooked up with someone on a dating website, married, two kids from another marriage; when I met him I thought bl**** hell are people that desperate for companionship? I couldn't wait to leave and grab a lovely Greek Souvlaki (With Fetta and Olives) on the way home.

I thought a "Greek souvlaki" was some sort of European "working girl"? giggle.gif

I take it she was referring to Thai men, but I think there are Farangs like that too, especially after they have been here a while. A lot Of Farangs come over here initially with a lot of money, get a Thai wife, then turn into deadbeats with bad habits. Just look around you, the overweight, facial haired, tattoed species. How many Thai men have that description?

When it comes to deadbeats with bad habits, the Thai men are not as bad as the Farangs, the thing is, the Farangs living here have plenty of money by Thai standards, and in most cases, that's the only appeal they have.

May I also point out that I have met quite a lot of TV members, and not one of them is of the facial haired tattooed type, and none of the guys I have known for years who live near me are TV members.

While I think I know what type of person you are trying to illustrate, simply using facial hairs and tattoos is a little ignorant and a bit of a generalisation wouldn't you say?

Someone with a thinner skin than my own might feel offended.

Also I have seen a few deadbeats where I live and they didn't have facial hair or tattoos. What species are they?

Legalize same sex marriage in Thailand and the rates of "single" people will be reduced. thumbsup.gif Duh.

I also think people are totally tripping about the rate of gay people in Thailand.
Transgender male to female are indeed much higher than the west.

Gay men in the western sense, probably similar to the west or smaller.

Gay women probably higher than the west.

What westerners would call bisexual (but most Thais probably wouldn't), probably much higher than the west, the social pressures and "labeling" are different here.

• Like 2

What's the alternative? Marrying a drunken, philandering, violent loser earning a pittance with the IQ of an artichoke.

....I daresay that might very well be their match, though......

...I have yet to meet a Thai woman who has been a victim.....

....maybe because they go 'all out' on the foreigners knowing they have no rights in this land...???

Sir, out here in the country as against the tourist traps, almost every woman has some very sad tale of woe regarding Thai men! From the lose of their cherry at school and the baby that usually follows, to the ripping off of older women......every day, every way! sad.png

• Like 1

While I think I know what type of person you are trying to illustrate, simply using facial hairs and tattoos is a little ignorant and a bit of a generalisation wouldn't you say?

Someone with a thinner skin than my own might feel offended.

Also I have seen a few deadbeats where I live and they didn't have facial hair or tattoos. What species are they?

Yorkshiremen.

• Like 1