Long term budget hotel in quiet location

Crypt36

Right now I have my eyes on KTK Royal Residence but their cheapest room still costs THB 19k a month which is still without electricity and basically it's more then I'd like to spend, also there seems to be construction going on next doors. Most of all I'd like a somewhat quiet location. The room needs a double bed, hot shower, fridge and reliable wifi.

The location isn't that important, not directly above or next to any bars. Obviously they need to offer cheap monthly rates, I'm willing to pay about 12-19k a month.

Jomtien Long Stay hotel isn't bad if you're on a budget. Right by the Machanu/Hanuman statue so great for getting a Baht bus into town, and also right in the middle of the bars and restaurants in Jomtien. It's got a roof top pool and a few years back a Kiwi mate was paying just 6000 Baht/month there, though that may have gone up a bit now.

There are several places along Soi Naklua 16 (as well as some of the sois closer to Dolphin Circle that advertise 10 - 12K per month for a studio. Close to the baht bus routes on Pattaya Naklua Road. No idea on WiFi strength but I am sure that can be checked before moving in.

Also, if you click on the Alan Bolton ad, and do a search for studios priced less than 15K, there are many pages full of ads. Choose an area to narrow it down. I think AB requires at least 6 months for a commitment.

Edited by WaywardWind

I should have known this haha, Jomtien is too far. Somewhere between North Pattaya Rd. and Theprasit Rd., also I'm looking for an Hotel not a studio or appartment, just one that cut's you a deal if you want to stay for 28 days. Well KTK calls itself a serviced appartment, I'm not planning on staying more then 1 month.

Crypt36.. please send your email and I'll send you pics. Can rent from 4 days minimum to 1 year contract. Have standard 3BB wifi but long termers can

install their own. We already have someone in house who did this. Perhaps you can share his faster modem.

Jomtien Long Stay hotel isn't bad if you're on a budget. Right by the Machanu/Hanuman statue so great for getting a Baht bus into town, and also right in the middle of the bars and restaurants in Jomtien. It's got a roof top pool and a few years back a Kiwi mate was paying just 6000 Baht/month there, though that may have gone up a bit now.

you might get that in the low season. In the high, it's 12000. As someone who stayed there a while, I am hesitant to recommend it for the long term. There is a cheaper second building which I would simply avoid.

In addition to a crippled internet(utorrent downloads blocked) it suffers from poor and inconsistent

maintenance because the Chinese-Thai owner can't be bothered.

Staff are pleasant and the pool is nice. It was probably a great deal 10 years ago.