buying jewellery in bkk? if so where?

Being aware of the gem scams operating in thailand

I'm looking to buy a birthday gift, a necklace/chain with pendant. Something like a plain chain with a heart on it

You can buy them in my home country for as little as $80 with a real diamond in it

Not looking for a branded one like Tiffany

Is it worth looking around and spending the same amount for a bigger/better one?

Or would it be better just buy it at home

I was put on to this site by a friend (boothipjewelry.com)... Actresses and stars wear this stuff and some of the Thai stars at the award ceremonies.

Some rather nice and fancy stuff - its all Cubic Zirconium rather than Diamond.

http://boonthipjewelry.com/category.php?type_id=1&category_id=6

My Wife had a duplicate of her 3.5 carrot engagement ring made by this company, which means she can wear the exact matching duplicate without the concern involved with potentially loosing it.

DO NOT BUY real Jewelry at MBK; ( although buying a "diamond for $80 ) that might be the place for you :-)

Travel down to the Jewelry trade center on Silom road ( right past the holiday inn)

many very good shops there.

Suggest for that price u buy online when u get back home

I have used Thai Gemstones and Jewellery for 10+ years now. The manager Kh. Lee is a real gem expert and everything I bought in the past was usually valued 2x - 3x more in the UK.

Apart from ready made jewellery they have an amazing stock of loose stones which you can have made up as you wish.

It's not in the most salubrious of settings but don't let that put you off. Enter the Nana Hotel (100m up Sukhumvit Soi 4, right hand side), walk straight ahead through the lobby to the row of shops and you'll see it.

I don't have any business interest in the place but PM me if you decide to go as you'll get some sort of discount if you mention my name.

To Richard: I had a copy of my ex-wife's 3.5 ct engagement ring made in Zirconium too and impossible to tell the difference. Impossible also to any character who wanted to rip it off and decided she was safer walking around BKK without either.

DO NOT BUY real Jewelry at MBK; ( although buying a "diamond for $80 ) that might be the place for you :-)

Travel down to the Jewelry trade center on Silom road ( right past the holiday inn)

many very good shops there.

Suggest for that price u buy online when u get back home

Agree on MBK, not the place to buy jewellery.

didn't want to mention this as i am not pushing this but my partner owns a shop in the jewelry trade center and has 28 years experience in Gems and works with the Thai gem association as their representative on all their road trip throughout the world :-)