Any biking gear worth buying in Singapore?

Looks like I'll be going to Singapore for a short meeting in the coming days

I've heard helmets are cheaper there so I'll probably get a spare for when mine eventually gets stolen again lol

Is there anything else worth bringing back or anyone know any good shops to check out?

Might get a chain and sprockets too if it works out cheaper and a few bike decorations :)

There's an HD shop at the ground level of the Marina Bay hotel, selling mostly gear but most with HD logos on them and as such a lot more expensive than the similar gear without any HD stickers. They also have (had) a few HD bikes in their shop and the lead salesman was Thai (!!!). Anyways, I don't think you're HD type of guy and I haven't seen other shops but I didn't look for them.

Lots of shops in SIN so google if you don't get any better advise.

Edited by Shurup

There's an HD shop at the ground level of the Marina Bay hotel, selling mostly gear but most with HD logos on them and as such a lot more expensive than the similar gear without any HD stickers. They also have (had) a few HD bikes in their shop and the lead salesman was Thai (!!!). Anyways, I don't think you're HD type of guy and I haven't seen other shops but I didn't look for them.

Lots of shops in SIN so google if you don't get any better advise.

youre alsoulutely right friend ,i have nointerest in wearing harley gear or riding a "hardly ableson" as someone so eloquently put it recently :D

i was believeve reading there is either no tax or low tax on safety gear etc which would make a helmet ,jacket ,padded jeans etc a good deal

certaintly not 200-300% like thai think they can charge on "luxury goods" etc

i have a nice padded jacket from thaichaii but usually leave it at at home due to the heat and me living in bkk city centre where there is basically grdilock in every direction for a good few miles alll day every day

There are a host of shops in the area north and east of Sim Lim square. Starting at Dunlop street and up to Kitchener there are a number of clothing, accessories and after-market parts shops. There are a couple of shops on Jelan Besar road, and a good helmet shop at Coyuco Building opposite Rowell Road.

The road layout has changed there for the MRT, but checking StreetView it seems all the usual shops are still there...

Enjoy.

Sent - how is not that important...

dont forget the regulation at the Suvarhanbhumi Airport as a couple of days ago they announced that, they will very strictly enforce 10,000 thb limit for the new good you pass from airport from now on from cellphones to watches to bags to clothes.

it looks like they can apply it to mororcycleing gear as well

so if you buy a 20,000 thb helmet, you need to declare and pay 30 percent tax plus vat at the airport, if dont and if they find it at the x ray or during a check, you have to pay 4 times of the price of the good as a penalty and/or up to 10 years of jail sentence.

be careful.

dont forget the regulation at the Suvarhanbhumi Airport as a couple of days ago they announced that, they will very strictly enforce 10,000 thb limit for the new good you pass from airport from now on from cellphones to watches to bags to clothes.

so if you buy a 20,000 thb helmet, you need to declare and pay 30 percent tax plus vat at the airport, if dont and if they find it at the x ray or during a check, you have to pay 4 times of the price of the good as a penalty and/or up to 10 years of jail sentence.

be careful.

This has been cancelled and signs taken down. Remeber to wear your gear and then when returning it is used and not new:)

be careful.

This has been cancelled and signs taken down. Remeber to wear your gear and then when returning it is used and not new:)

I would love to see you wearing your helmet and walking past customs :)

• Like 2

be careful.

yep, i have seen it at news today.

still, we better be careful.

they are thinking on raising the limit to 50,000 thb from 10,000 thb which is good news.

be careful.

Sure it's cancelled? The wife told me about it in the morning. Seems like a fantastic way to put off tourists. And to piss off all the Hi-So Thais returning from their shopping trips in HK and Singapore. One of the latter probably got that removed :P

Just got a helmet via a friend in the USA yesterday through BKK airport, no issues.

be careful.

I would love to see you wearing your helmet and walking past customs smile.png

Sounds like I'd have to wear my new diving gear coming through the customs. Think they will notice? ph34r.png

• Like 1

be careful.

I would love to see you wearing your helmet and walking past customs smile.png

Sounds like I'd have to wear my new diving gear coming through the customs. Think they will notice? ph34r.png

if you say them like it is your normal wear during rainy season in Thailand while passing form customs, maybe no problemslaugh.png

• Like 2