Greek style yoghurt

h90

Big C has some Greek style yoghurt...white packing with Greek blue writing.

Unfortunately they put stickers over the nutrition informations.

Anyone know the protein/fat/carb content of it?

what is the brand name? Yolinda?

I can't remember, will check today, they have smaller round cups and large rectangular cups for sale....They are not all the same?

I can't remember, will check today, they have smaller round cups and large rectangular cups for sale....They are not all the same?

If it is the rectangular ones- think it's called Bulgaria or something. Quite good (non sweet one). The Yolinda one is plane as well.

If it is the rectangular ones- think it's called Bulgaria or something. Quite good (non sweet one). The Yolinda one is plane as well.

possible....will be in the supermarket today.

Any idea of the nutritional values? Being on a no-carb -- low fat at the moment and every addition to the chicken breasts and can of tuna would be great smile.png

Any idea of the nutritional values? Being on a no-carb -- low fat at the moment and every addition to the chicken breasts and can of tuna would be great smile.png

sorry never looked at the fat content. Re the tuna - try adding some mustard to it. Don't laugh - You'll be surprised how good it is.... A dash of olive oil (spring water packed tuna and some italian herbs are good too)

sorry never looked at the fat content. Re the tuna - try adding some mustard to it. Don't laugh - You'll be surprised how good it is.... A dash of olive oil (spring water packed tuna and some italian herbs are good too)

Tuna: yes the spring water type. I mix it with tomatoes, cucumber, lots of onion and garlic, salt and olive oil. Sometimes vinegar.

It is good.....but for me when not eating carbs (OK there are a few in the tomatoes), everything starts to taste boring after a while. I thought of Greek yoghurt mixed with lots of garlic licklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif . My wife will tell me again how ashamed she is when I talk to people smelling like a walking garlic......

Seems like just about anything can be called Greek yogurt. My daughter and I were discussing it some time back and did a bit of research. Companies can add just about anything to the basic milk/live culture ingredients and still call it Greek yogurt. I just checked one website I bookmarked, and it said to avoid yogurts with added protein like whey concentrates and thickeners. I don't know if they are necessarily bad, but it's not real Greek yogurt (whatever that may mean in this day and age). h90, if you can believe the ingredient list on the pack and you buy the yogurt, then you only need fresh dill to make tzaziki. yumm.

Seems like just about anything can be called Greek yogurt. My daughter and I were discussing it some time back and did a bit of research. Companies can add just about anything to the basic milk/live culture ingredients and still call it Greek yogurt. I just checked one website I bookmarked, and it said to avoid yogurts with added protein like whey concentrates and thickeners. I don't know if they are necessarily bad, but it's not real Greek yogurt (whatever that may mean in this day and age). h90, if you can believe the ingredient list on the pack and you buy the yogurt, then you only need fresh dill to make tzaziki. yumm.

I thought Greek yoghurt is a special process of removing some parts of the milk......But yes obvious.....last time I read on some dried ham it contained Soja protein and MSG.....There is cheese on the market that never saw a cow (or goat, or sheep).....There is Original Italian Salami Made in Thailand.....So my assumption that Greek yoghurt is Greek yoghurt is naive.....

Thanks for pointing it out.

Yes Tzaziki is great, just with normal yoghurt it is too liquid. It needs higher viscosity.....Well all Greek food is super.....

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Greek yoghurt is a special process of removing some parts of the milk......But yes obvious.....last time I read on some dried ham it contained Soja protein and MSG.....There is cheese on the market that never saw a cow (or goat, or sheep).....There is Original Italian Salami Made in Thailand.....So my assumption that Greek yoghurt is Greek yoghurt is naive.....

Thanks for pointing it out.

Yes Tzaziki is great, just with normal yoghurt it is too liquid. It needs higher viscosity.....Well all Greek food is super.....

Except for what it does to the environment. Greek yoghurt is thicker than regular yoghurt because twice the liquid or acid whey is taken out of it giving it a thicker consistency. The problem with acid whey is what to do with it. Spills of this toxic waste find themselves into streams, rivers even the ocean which depletes the water of oxygen killing coral reefs and countless marine life. Now they solidify it and feed it to livestock which will have unknown effect on the consumable meat products.

http://modernfarmer.com/2013/05/whey-too-much-greek-yogurts-dark-side/

• 4 weeks later...

What is sugar free, please.? Just made a sauce using " Natural" yoghurt that would have been pretty good if it weren't so sweet.

Thanks

I figured out (didn't know before) that a lot yoghurt in Thailand contains sugar.

And second that Greek style yoghurt isn't an exact definition like Ementaler Cheese.

They can just call anything Greek yoghurt.

I think the OP was asking about Farmer's Union Greek Style yogurt. Very delicious, although full fat. 100 grams has about 134 calories rather than 80 or so for non-fat yogurt. It's also expensive.

Yolida yogurt is quite good, low-fat, cheap, and can be converted into a more or less Greek style by straining through a coffee filter or something similar. You can, of course, make your own yogurt with a cardboard box and a light bulb.

A good site for looking up the nutrition information on a wide variety of foods is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts

I think the OP was asking about Farmer's Union Greek Style yogurt. Very delicious, although full fat. 100 grams has about 134 calories rather than 80 or so for non-fat yogurt. It's also expensive.

Yolida yogurt is quite good, low-fat, cheap, and can be converted into a more or less Greek style by straining through a coffee filter or something similar. You can, of course, make your own yogurt with a cardboard box and a light bulb.

A good site for looking up the nutrition information on a wide variety of foods is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts

I stopped that idea with Greek Style Yoghurt for the moment.

yes you can make your own Yoghurt very easy. buy a living natural yoghurt. open a bottle of milk, put a teaspon yoghurt into it. Let it stay outside and wait 2 days.

but it is a bit too liquid...I would have preferred it higher viscosity.

• 9 months later...

Check "HomeMade-Cheese Co."

they make Natural Greek yogurt using only organic milk and deliver around Bangkok.

Also "My Choice" by Tops have now their own great natural yogurt with nothing added to it.

smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

post-134675-0-66453500-1431840752_thumb.

Check "HomeMade-Cheese Co."

they make Natural Greek yogurt using only organic milk and deliver around Bangkok.

Also "My Choice" by Tops have now their own great natural yogurt with nothing added to it.

smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

sounds great, but they don't have it no fat or at least low fat?

Make your own yogurt. Easiest thing in the world.

Just take 1-2 tablespoons of an existing unsweetened plain yogurt and stir it into milk of your choice (whole, low fat etc).

Then let it sit outside or in an unairconditioned place. After a day you'll have yogurt.

I find though that low fat and skimmed milk result in very watery yogurt compared to that made with whole milk. So I sometimes do a mix of low fat and whole milk just to get a thick enough yogurt. The calorie difference is quite small.

• 3 weeks later...

Make your own yogurt. Easiest thing in the world.

Just take 1-2 tablespoons of an existing unsweetened plain yogurt and stir it into milk of your choice (whole, low fat etc).

Then let it sit outside or in an unairconditioned place. After a day you'll have yogurt.

I find though that low fat and skimmed milk result in very watery yogurt compared to that made with whole milk. So I sometimes do a mix of low fat and whole milk just to get a thick enough yogurt. The calorie difference is quite small.

yes....just I always forget....and I managed that one fouled instead of getting sour.....

But the good news, I found at foodland 0 % normal and greek style yoghurt without any added things.

• 2 months later...

best Yogurt both Greek Yogurt and Plain Yogurt i found in Thailand is made by HomeMade-Cheese Co.

i ordered by mail from them and they make really really great and tasty Yogurt, they have been around for almost 10 years and make it using 100% organic milk without adding anything.

Their Greek yogrut is very think and rich in taste...

ive tried the ones in the super market that claim they are 0% fat and natural but its seems you cant make real Greek Yogurt with no fat in it, it should use whole milk in order to be Greek.

HomeMade-Cheese Co. also make great natural Cheese products and dips...

can see their products at their website www.homemade-cheese.com

best Yogurt both Greek Yogurt and Plain Yogurt i found in Thailand is made by HomeMade-Cheese Co.

i ordered by mail from them and they make really really great and tasty Yogurt, they have been around for almost 10 years and make it using 100% organic milk without adding anything.

Their Greek yogrut is very think and rich in taste...

ive tried the ones in the super market that claim they are 0% fat and natural but its seems you cant make real Greek Yogurt with no fat in it, it should use whole milk in order to be Greek.

HomeMade-Cheese Co. also make great natural Cheese products and dips...

can see their products at their website www.homemade-cheese.com

there is perfect Greek Yoghurt 0 % fat with no chemcials available at Foodland (sometimes). So you can make it.

• 1 month later...

OMG. Why are you avoiding fat? There are no studies absolutely none that says that fat is bad for you.

By the way tuna is good for you because of fat.

And if you are looking for a yougurt with 0-fat it's not natural. Chemical process is used to achieve 0-fat.

In nature everything that is good is fat.

We buy Australian brand "Farm Union" Greek yogurt. It's grass-fed stuff. Full of good fats.

Archived