Backup for long stay with cards?

whitethai

I am guessing its a good idea to bring at least 2 debit cards so if one gets in trouble you always have cash for another while sorting out things?

However credit cards are they a good ting to have or not as I dont really like then and I do know you can get refund if scammed etc with credit cards.

Thanks

Do not have or need a credit card ,but yes have 3 Thai debit cards ,very handy .

A Credit Card would come handy in those cases (God forbid) that you get into an accident and you are wheeled into the Hospital and they want cash upfront before they do anything. Thats the main reason (amongst others) why I have mine.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

• Like 2

Yes, a credit card is a good option. One such is the Halifax Clarity. Purchases: supermarkets, hotels etc will be at an exchange rate better than you would obtain by pulling cash from an ATM or over the counter.

Also, as aforementioned, if a criminal gets a hold of your details, they have not got access to your money.

In addition, you can also use the Clarity for cash withdrawals.

In short, unless you are trying to avoid an electronic trail. you're a fool for not having one.

Another problem with only having a debit card is the daily limitations. I only had a debit card on me during one of my trips. Couldn't buy a plane ticket because it was just over the daily limit. Definitely have a credit card on you. And as mentioned above, here in Thailand, you won't get worked on at a hospital unless you can pay up front.