Fake Visas Found In Bangkok

stumonster

Fake Australian visas found

June 26, 2006

THREE Thai men have been arrested with thousands of fake passport pages and visas for various countries, including Australia.

Police also found 600 fake Malaysian and Hong Kong identification cards and 100 fake plane tickets at the suspects' apartments in Bangkok, a major Asian centre for fake documents.

"This is the biggest raid on a travel document gang this year," said police Major-General Winai Thongsong, head of the Crime Suppression Bureau.

But police said they found no link between this gang and any international militant network.

"No, they aren't connected. They have no shop or counter to place orders, but only people in the inner circle would contact them for the document they wanted," Maj-Gen Winai said.

The three men, aged 32, 27 and 50, were arrested yesterday.

At their apartments, police found 100 fake passport books and more than 3,000 passport pages for Australia, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, China, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, the Netherlands, France, Japan, Germany and the United States.

full story here

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...49-1702,00.html

International security analysts call Thailand "the place" to get fake travel documents.

cue the 'hub' gags , maybe with a few TEFL slurs thrown in for good measure. :o:D

Edited by stumonster

I wonder what the fake air tickets are about, i have never been able to figure that one out unless they are to be used as proof of an onward flight?

Fake air tickets are sold on the internet or from bogus travel agents shops... passengers have been turned away from flights having paid for and believing that the tickets were genuine. ...Always buy tickets from established and verifiable sources.... and if it seems too good to be true then it usually is.

Much to my chagrin.... but Police confirm my remarks from Post #3:

Thousands of fake IDs, passports seized in raid

Three alleged major-league forgers were arrested yesterday and police seized thousands of fake passports, passport pages, identification cards and visas for several countries. Police searched their apartment in Din Daeng area and found thousands of finished and unfinished fake documents.

The three were charged with falsifying state documents and forging both local and foreign passports and identity cards for use in human trafficking. Pol Maj-Gen Vinai said the gang sold the fake documents to organised-crime syndicates involved in trafficking people to more than 20 countries.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/27Jun2006_news11.php