Bad rice and loss of stock discovered

Lite Beer

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For months now I see locals cleaning rice from black bugs and dried white larves or whatever that is. This is a grain by grain task. Funny to watch.

But shouldn't this damaged rice be out of the market. It should never have reached the consumers.

I find it very difficult to find decent quality of rice in the market.

• Like 2

in the bangkok post yesterday article states that on 235000 tons already inspected, they have found 22 tons missing, that's some 0.009%

some more of a political propaganda, than anything of substance.

keep digging those empty boxes which beforehand you hided under the full sacks of rice, it looks good on camera, when inspectors know exactly where those empty boxes are. The story goes they use gt 200 bomb detectors fitted with rice card, that's why

Aren't they forgetting the 91 tons found missing the other day? It may have slipped somebody's mind? Give it a little more time and the real percentage of missing rice will be revealed.

Who is spreading propaganda, and who was responsible for those "empty boxes(?)... hided under full sacks" ?

Edited by NeilSA1

in the bangkok post yesterday article states that on 235000 tons already inspected, they have found 22 tons missing, that's some 0.009%

keep digging those empty boxes which beforehand you hided under the full sacks of rice, it looks good on camera, when inspectors know exactly where those empty boxes are. The story goes they use gt 200 bomb detectors fitted with rice card, that's why

Aren't they forgetting the 91 tons found missing the other day? It may have slipped somebody's mind? Give it a little more time and the real percentage of missing rice will be revealed.

Who is spreading propaganda, and who was responsible for those "empty boxes(?)... hided under full sacks" ?

You really think 91 tonnes is a lot of rice?

They are trying to count 19,000,000 tonnes

Not sure I understand the math...

"There are 15 rice warehouses in Sukhothai, containing 2,542,010 sacks, or 2,542 tonnes."

is this a warehouse or a retail shop? 2,542 tonnes = 2,542,000 kgs... in 2,542,010 bags of 1Kg??

How can you trust such bad reporting when they can't even understand basic arithmetic...

oz

bags are minimum 50kg. I have seen on pictures also mega-bags, around 500kg

Does that in some way resolve the question of 2,542,010 sacks and 2,542 tonnes?

• Like 1

Hmmm according to figures reported by BP that I can't unfortunately link to :

In Ayutthaya, where 200,000 tonnes were kept, no irregularities found

Nakhon Si Thammarat all 16,320 tonnes of rice was in place

only in Nakhon Ratchasima did they find 22 tonnes missing out of 9,859 tonnes

So basically less than 0.008 of the rice missing so far which if you ran any kind of stock take for any business is way below the 2% usually expected.

But hey, you keep on fighting the good fight *cough and republish @pravda @nationmultimedia articles.

Edited by firestar

When Thailand gets serious about corruption officials involved in corruption will be sacked without pension rights, refused any future job in local or national administration, instead of 'transferred'

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

The transferred thingo is a total cop-out.

Why didn't you simply QUOTE what was truly written in 'the other paper'? Because it wouldn't allow you to write misleading info, to turn and twist things? Very clever of you to write about a piece that can't be checked anymore (bad habit from BP to 'erase' main and secondary titles, while keeping the small stuff accessible), but I read that part too, and I remember about quite different figures, much, much higher than what you tell us, some storing places missing hundreds of tons, and also some owner allegedly offering to 'replace' the missing bags in his storage, about 130,000+ bags or so 'on paper', only about 22,000 found there when I'm correct (walls of bags at the sides, no bags inside, but scaffoldings to hold the outside walls in place), what would already be at least 300 times what you wrote (about 6,600 tons when 60kg rice bags, could be more though as many weigh 100kg)...! 'Anything of susbstance', hmm, will that do for you?

I'd like to be able to be more precise and specific, to show clearly to all, like 1+1=2, that you are a despicable liar attempting to mislead the members of this forum! The shameless 'political propaganda' comes from your side!

Riiiiiiight, the shameless propaganda comes from the opposition side rolleyes.gif

So much so that who says anything not to the liking of the junta is detained or has their passport revoked like the Thai historian yesterday.

Then again our dear leader did say in his last televised speech (and I'm not judging only quoting) that despite the committees monitoring mass media he thinks there is too much freedom of speech.

Now what exactly would you call that?

Edited by firestar

So basically less than 0.008 of the rice missing so far which if you ran any kind of stock take for any business is way below the 2% usually expected.

But hey, you keep on fighting the good fight *cough and republish @pravda @nationmultimedia articles.

Can't find a link... That is indeed unfortunate, Firestar. Forgive me if I doubt you.

Why do you Redshirt apologists continue to try and defend the indefensible? It isn't working.

• Like 1

Can't find a link... That is indeed unfortunate, Firestar. Forgive me if I doubt you.

Why do you Redshirt apologists continue to try and defend the indefensible? It isn't working.

I DO have a link. Your comprehension skills aren't up to scratch are they?

Unfortunately Thaivisa forbids linking to Bangkokpost articles as you should know, and I made clear. Feel free to do a search.

PS: Thank you for calling me a "Red Shirt Apologist", another shining example of valuing opinions and search for the truth by the intolerant crowd,

Edited by firestar

"Officials found involved in stock going missing or other wrongdoing would face immediate transfer and serious disciplinary probes,"

Transfers, "inactive" posts, probes...

Don't they ever fire anyone in this country?

And then jail them.

Have you ever considered that there could be legal implications of 'just firing them'.

Like 'guilty', to hell with a trial or court proceedings.

Wait till there is conclusive proof of wrong doing then charge them but in the meantime get them out of the way to where they cant tamper with the investigation process.

Like an inactive post in the PM department, an empty desk in the corner where they can be kept a close eye on.

Who knows there may even be something useful they can do for them to earn their keep, like cleaning the toilet

Edited by Robby nz

I DO have a link. Your comprehension skills aren't up to scratch are they?

Unfortunately Thaivisa forbids linking to Bangkokpost articles as you should know, and I made clear. Feel free to do a search.

PS: Thank you for calling me a "Red Shirt Apologist", another shining example of valuing opinions and search for the truth by the intolerant crowd,

..Authorities are trying to get a precise fix on how much rice is being held and its condition so that they can draw up plans for selling the grain piled up under an overly generous pledging programme by the former government. In Pasang district in Lamphun province, TV Channel 3 on Saturday reported problems with 38,609 sacks (100 kilogrammes each) of rice.

The sacks were not arranged by type and some grain was rotten and contaminated with fungus. Sacks of 5% white rice had been inserted in the middle of a pile of 100% white rice, and 30 sacks were foundto have been mixed with sticky rice. The discoveries forced officials to put the inspection on hold since they will now have to check inside every sack.

In Phrom Phiram district of Phitsanulok, collapsed piles of sacks since April hindered the operation. Many sacks were threadbare and torn while some grain was rotten. The inspection there was also put off. In Sukhothai, 254,201 tonnes of rice are being kept in 14 warehouses and documentation is proving difficult...

From the same unmentionable source, today. Check it out and then eat it.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.
  • Like 1

can't they just open a new brewery and use the dodgy rice ? Chang is part rice I think, Tsing Tao is mostly rice and is not bad at all

a new beer wd be a good thing.. Chang only tastes good v cold, don't like Singha much either way

Edited by fish fingers

I wonder if the red cheerleaders have read the same reports, i found it disturbing to see so much problems already and they will take at least one month more to inspect. So only partially there are already so many problems.

The cheerleaders will cry a lot later when the final result is done. One should also check the bad warehouses who did not store up to specification if they are by any chance owned by friends of the PTP.

• Like 1

I wonder if the red cheerleaders have read the same reports, i found it disturbing to see so much problems already and they will take at least one month more to inspect. So only partially there are already so many problems.

The cheerleaders will cry a lot later when the final result is done. One should also check the bad warehouses who did not store up to specification if they are by any chance owned by friends of the PTP.

Like the first coup where the construction of Suvarnabhumi allegedly made PTP members millions unfortunately when the committee appointed by the junta only found that the military might have overcharged for the land and King Power, a well known yellow shirt supporter had fiddled with the size of it's stores it all went quiet?

Who knows but so far its far to early to say. Remember the most corrupt of them all.. do you want me to give examples of his (proven) crimes to go off topic just like you. Its about problems in the rice scam.

I read the Bangkok post too and the article is all about problems and irregularities in quality quantity and how it was stored / registered. Plus that they still need a month to do it. So considering what they have found so far it can only get worse.

• Like 1

I have no idea how all of that inventory can be checked in one month. They need to look in every sack to find out if the type of rice is what is listed.

I can't imagine getting a real inventory and managing it so any that's good can be sold. I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it. I can imagine Thais fumigating for bugs.

I'm not buying any food from Asia right now. They use too many poisons without regulation. IMHO all of the rice in warehouses is worthless due to lack of controls.

Like the first coup where the construction of Suvarnabhumi allegedly made PTP members millions unfortunately when the committee appointed by the junta only found that the military might have overcharged for the land and King Power, a well known yellow shirt supporter had fiddled with the size of it's stores it all went quiet?

Who knows but so far its far to early to say. Remember the most corrupt of them all.. do you want me to give examples of his (proven) crimes to go off topic just like you. Its about problems in the rice scam.

I read the Bangkok post too and the article is all about problems and irregularities in quality quantity and how it was stored / registered. Plus that they still need a month to do it. So considering what they have found so far it can only get worse.

It's a better post and Mods have unsurprisingly deleted my previous reply so I'll re-phrase.

Equality before the law is true justice, when justice is targeted it becomes a tool of oppression.

Did some of the rice stock disappeared. of course it has. Should Thailand live under military rule. maybe. but you and others calling anyone cheerleaders while taking at face value anything coming out of state media is beyond ironic.

Edited by firestar

It's a better post and Mods have unsurprisingly deleted my previous reply so I'll re-phrase.

Equality before the law is true justice, when justice is targeted it becomes a tool of oppression.

Did some of the rice stock disappeared. of course it has. Should Thailand live under military rule. maybe. but you and others calling anyone cheerleaders while taking at face value anything coming out of state media is beyond ironic.

Rice has been stolen. A crime has been committed. Apologists move aside - justice needs to be done.

• Like 1

It was just TOO easy to write vouchers for more rice than was received and then take a kick back for vouchers written.

I think it will be a case of fraud, theft of public money, and then loan sharking to the farmers while they waited to get paid.

I agree get the loan sharks who profited off of the inept PTP scam.

Any interest whether legal or illegal that was incurred by the farmers should be returned to them by the government.wai.gif

• Like 1

Also let us not forget under PTP government they discovered fraud in Pichet. When all is done I hope they remember to count that in.

Rice has been stolen. A crime has been committed. Apologists move aside - justice needs to be done.

There is no "justice" without equality in front of the law. revenge can be done, not justice.

You are assuming the law is justice. Not so it is legal.

You may go to court and be assured legal with all it's loop holes will be done.

But not necessarily justice. Two different animals.

• Like 1