cat house #2 location?

happysanook

OK guys i have all the answers to all your questions in life and half the answers to your questions in the after life. after seeing this about 'the cat house' i decided to stop by for dinner. jack (or jackie) the owner was there and i told her there were questions about her new place. bottom line well it's only about 100 meters away on the same street on the other side going towards the moat. it's a much much nicer place and is called 'butter nut' (possibly 'nut butter'). hear are a few quick snaps. i did not eat there, but someone who was sitting next to me at 'the cat house' said that it was very good and by the looks of the prices on her blackboard it's priced very well as well. i did not see any sign out front, but did not look very hard. i had a short discussion of her lack of promoting her place and lack of promoting of things in her restaurant, but that's another story unto itself. i find that she has decent food at decent prices and she's a concerned owner, blah blah blah.

post-115151-0-63916800-1404613881_thumb.

post-115151-0-61045100-1404613894_thumb.

post-115151-0-64893200-1404613904_thumb.

... "it;s only about 100 meters away on the same street on the other side going toward the moat" Well that answers the OPs question... blink.png .....Nice pics. The hummus special looks interesting.... post#4 says it is on siriphum soi 1,2,or 3..... I think it is a soi off Chayapum.... we are getting closer to the location...maybe.

Edited by daoyai

I tried Butternut yesterday, My review after only one visit..... Although close to Chaiyaphum Rd. (soi 1) it is quiet and clean, I ordered the hummus and falafel, the hummus was a little salty but good and rich with tahini, the falafel were crunchy and good though they had been reheated in the micorwave. Three condiments on the plate, a spicy green sauce made from cilantro, a garlic creamy one and a small bowl of tangy tomato onion salsa. Included is a fresh pita. The portion was large enough to satisfy me and everything tasted good together. After that I ordered their version of a Mojito... instead of mint they used Thai basil, less sugar than most places made for a lite and refreshing taste (60baht).

Jackie was not there, cooking and service was by a pair of young, seemingly well trained cuties. Very simply equipped kitchen and limited menu. Most items are 99 baht, I saw a pizza at another table and that looked very good. Some items are prepared at the cat house and delivered to butternut. I think this place should do well with the flashpacker, vege and hipster crowd as well as anyone that like fresh and lite food. I will most definatly be back.

Edited by daoyai