UK Visit Visa Application Times

Hi,,

Has anyone had recent experience of the waiting times to receive a decision on a UK Visitor Visa, my lady submitted her application on the 10th June and we haven't heard anything back yet, going by the embassy guidance 99% are processed in 3 weeks, we paid for all of the additional services provided by VFS suck as text messages, postage etc

Probably just getting worked up about nothing, is there a number/email in Thailand that she can use to check on status?

I assume she applied for a family visit.

The latest figures (May) show that 90% were processed within 15 days, 100% within 30 days. Edit; that's working days.

This is for visas issued in May, not applications submitted in May. Plus, of course, this does not mean that they will meet the same performance for June; it may be better or worse, depending on the demand for all types of visa.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to contact the entry clearance office to progress an application, and asking VFS wont work as they wont know.

Even if she subscribed to the SMS tracking service, all this will tell her is that her application is either at the embassy awaiting a decision or has been returned to VFS for collection or delivery, depending on whether or not she paid for the courier service.

Edited by 7by7

I applied for my wife on the 19th June and still waiting also, last one got refused so hoping to have more luck this time around.

Its not luck John. If you have addressed all the points in the refusal notice from last time there is absolutely no reason why she would not get a visa. Same happened to my wife. If you prepare you get. If your lazy with the application you get refused. Like I was before. Simple as that.
  • Like 1

Indeed.

I have posted this before, but think it is worth repeating.

Based upon my own experience and what I have read here and on other forums, there are three reasons for any UK visa being refused. In ascending order these are:

• A mistake by the ECO.
  • The applicant simply doesn't meet the requirements.
  • The applicant does meet the requirements, but failed to show that they do.
Edited by 7by7

I applied for my wife on the 19th June and still waiting also, last one got refused so hoping to have more luck this time around.

Its not luck John. If you have addressed all the points in the refusal notice from last time there is absolutely no reason why she would not get a visa. Same happened to my wife. If you prepare you get. If your lazy with the application you get refused. Like I was before. Simple as that.

Yeah, it was laziness on my part. Would have been our third Family Visit visa so thought it would be easy. I wasn't able to show enough funds in my account.

Hope OK this time though, been two years since we've visited Scotland now.

Yeah, it was laziness on my part. Would have been our third Family Visit visa so thought it would be easy. I wasn't able to show enough funds in my account.

Hope OK this time though, been two years since we've visited Scotland now.

I am sure it will be ok John. I did similar to you, I thought second visit visa would be easy and just did not put as much into it as I did the first. We also applied too early after the first visit. Was turned down, they thought my wife was trying to circumvent a settlement visa, which is very far from the truth. Just been successful in a new application after leaving it 2 months and putting much more information and emphasis on reasons to return to Thailand.

My girlfriend, received notification today that a decision has been made, so sounds like it's on it's way back, she applied on the 11th June

So, we probably still have a week to wait.

Thanks for letting me know, hope your application was successful.

My girlfriend, received notification today that a decision has been made, so sounds like it's on it's way back, she applied on the 11th June

I think he actually said that the decision has been made, not that the application was successful, let's just hope it was though.

I think he actually said that the decision has been made, not that the application was successful, let's just hope it was though.

I'm sure that's what I said, that I hoped his application was successful.

If you're willing to shell out the extra readies then the fast track is good. Submitted my wifes docs last Thursday. Got an email this Tuesday saying a decision had been made and then a further email on Wednesday saying the passport was ready to collect. Please note this is only for people who have recieved a previous visa for the UK without problems in the past 5 years.