Non-Immigrant O Visa Question

I submitted the necessary paperwork (marriage cert etc) to the local Thai Consulate and was given a non-Immigrant O visa multiple-entry. Says I must "enter before June 15 2015" (within a year)

My understanding is that I will get a 90-day visa on arrival. Does that mean I can come and go multiple times within a year of entry and each visit will be good for 90 days? Or, must I apply for a 1 year extension on the basis of marriage (and submit the same paperwork again?)

If the latter is the case, can a law firm/agent handle this for me or do I have to go to Chaeng Wattana and go through the process?

Thanks!

You will get a 90 day entry for every entry up to June 15th 2015.

If you don't want to have to leave every 90 days you can apply for an extension of stay during the last 30s day of any of your 90 day entries.

You will need to do the extension in person and your wife will need to go with you.

This is an interesting option in my particular situation too. Can anyone tell me wether it is necessary to put 400,000 in the bank to get this extension of stay from immigration?

To get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage you need 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income.

You can get get a multiple entry non-o visa without financial proof.

You can come and go as you please up to 15th June 2015.

Each entry will give a max of 90 days.

You can stretch the stay up to almost 15 months by doing a border run just before June 15th

I humbly correct you saying that he can come and go as he pleases up to ONE year from the first entry he will make in Thailand with that Visa :)

If he will entry on 1st September 2014, he can enjoy multiple ins-outs until 31 August 2015.

You can stretch the stay up to almost 15 months by doing a border run just before June 15th

I humbly correct you saying that he can come and go as he pleases up to ONE year from the first entry he will make in Thailand with that Visa smile.png

If he will entry on 1st September 2014, he can enjoy multiple ins-outs until 31 August 2015.

How are you coming up with those dates.

His visa is valid for entry until June 15, 2015.

Will he need to show some cash, a bank book, a credit card or any other financial means when entering?

In Holland to obtain a multiple non-o visa it is required to show a bankstatement with 20,000 euro's in the DUTCH bank account. Are you per chance refering to a multiple tourist visa?

Anyway, I have the same problem. I want to stay for 7/8 months every year, but now they will not issue me with a new non-o visa until the old one has expired. Which is a pain since last year I did'nt come to Thailand until November (and consequently didn't get my visa until late October), and I now want to go in September.

This would then force me to either open an bankaccount in Thailand with 400,000 (I'm married to a Thai resident) - which I don't really want to do, or to go to a neighbouring country to obtain touristvisa's for the remainder of my stay, and extensions.

Anyway you put it, this is a great inconvenience to me and I think it sucks. At the end of the day I support a Thai family and choose to spend my hard-earned cash in Thailand. It should not be punished by forcing me to go to these lengths.

Me and mine are now really weighing our options in terms of changing countries.

In Holland to obtain a multiple non-o visa it is required to show a bankstatement with 20,000 euro's in the DUTCH bank account. Are you per chance refering to a multiple tourist visa?

Anyway, I have the same problem. I want to stay for 7/8 months every year, but now they will not issue me with a new non-o visa until the old one has expired. Which is a pain since last year I did'nt come to Thailand until November (and consequently didn't get my visa until late October), and I now want to go in September.

This would then force me to either open an bankaccount in Thailand with 400,000 (I'm married to a Thai resident) - which I don't really want to do, or to go to a neighbouring country to obtain touristvisa's for the remainder of my stay, and extensions.

Anyway you put it, this is a great inconvenience to me and I think it sucks. At the end of the day I support a Thai family and choose to spend my hard-earned cash in Thailand. It should not be punished by forcing me to go to these lengths.

Me and mine are now really weighing our options in terms of changing countries.

You can get a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof needed.