Surreal Places to Visit Before You Die

Check out that place near Nong Khai that has gardens of gargoyles and mythical monsters. Anybody know the place I mean?

Yep, my thoughts exactly. It's called Sala Keoku. Out of this world place, ought to be one of the world's wonders. The clouds actually dance around those statues you should see it! I go there once in a while and my head spins.

http://my.mail.ru/mail/endorphin74/photo/3547

Check out that place near Nong Khai that has gardens of gargoyles and mythical monsters. Anybody know the place I mean?

Yes, been there.

An even weirder Temple in Ang thong. Heaven and hell.

post-12069-0-21760900-1404652450_thumb.j

How many have been to the Sanctuary of Truth in Pattaya ?

post-12069-0-27854100-1404652223_thumb.j

Afghanistan 40 years ago (on an overland to India from Birmingham journey). Nearest I've found to being on another planet!

I'll bet it's even more surreal nowadays.

Surreal does not always equal goodwink.png

• Like 1

Afghanistan 40 years ago (on an overland to India from Birmingham journey). Nearest I've found to being on another planet!

I'll bet it's even more surreal nowadays.

Surreal does not always equal goodwink.png

Agreed! Traveled the Northern Route in '77. Three days in open Army truck with locals. Stopped in villages where the whole congregation came out to stare at the white folks. Saw Bamian, Maimana, a sandstorm. Unforgettable. Afghans are a great people--- Unconquerable and Invincible.

Out of this world place, ought to be one of the world's wonders. The clouds actually dance around those statues----Gonki

What have you been smoking...........& more importantly where can we all get some...............coffee1.gif

One of the wonders of the world----- I would rate that pile of rubble, along with my home town... "The Hanging garden's of Basildon"---(Essex)

• Like 1

large.jpgalso like

Phraya Nakhon Cave - Khao Sam Roi Yot - The Royal Pavilion

Win facepalm.gif

Good picture but you need to include the pedestrians to add a sense of scale and perspective. However, be that as it may it is now on my agenda.

• Like 1

sanuk711, on 08 Jul 2014 - 16:26, said:

Out of this world place, ought to be one of the world's wonders. The clouds

Yes, and thank you

97422760.jpg

Win thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Yes and it's all man made falling apart concrete rubbish.

Doesn't really float my boat either but there are lots of amazing sculptures there and if I remember correctly all made by one man.

As I said its not for me but to say its man made falling apart concrete rubbish shows a lot of ignorance

• 3 months later...