90% people are happier now than they were before the coup

Lite Beer

90% people are happier now than they were before the coup

BANGKOK: -- Almost 90 percent of the people have admitted they are happier now than they were before the coup, according to the Suan Dusit Poll of Rajabhat University’s Suan Dusit campus.
The opinion survey was conducted during July 1-5. A total of 2,091 people of both sexes were polled.

The poll shows the following results:

Regarding the things which the respondents think have changed:

- 88.52 percent said they feel happier as peace has been restored and several problems addressed;

- 81.96 percent said they can travel as usual and with more convenience;

- 68.04 percent said their lives have returned to normal and they can work as usual;

- 64.21 percent said they follow up information from the National Council for Peace and Order.

Regarding changes in the family:

- 93.53 percent said that atmosphere in the family has improved as people don’t have to be worried with safety problem;

- 79.41 percent said they have more time to spend together among members of the family after office and school hours;

- 72.55 percent said their livelihood has been well taken care of and they can work more conveniently

- 63.14 percent said they have more discussion on problems of the country.

Regarding changes among friends, relatives and colleagues:

- 90.20 percent said they are happy and less stressed and can socialize more often;

- 84.71 percent admitted they are more open-minded and receptive to differing opinions;

- 68.43 percent admitted they are more aware of public interests, more patriotic;

- 62.55 percent admitted they are less resistant to political activities.

Regarding changes in workplaces and learning institutes:

- 92.35 percent said they have become more interested in following up events from the printed and broadcast media and social media;

- 83.73 percent said their work and school lives have returned to normal.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/90-people-happier-now-coup/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=90-people-happier-now-coup

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-06

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This poll I can absolutely agree with.

Most Thais just want to get on with their lives and have no wish to be disrupted and become involved with political squabbles and see the country dragged down or brought into a civil war by crap politicians who only care about their own interests and power and could not give a rat`s behind about the Thai people or only see Thai people as canon fodder to be used for their own ends.

Since the Junta have taken over, peace has been restored and normality has again resumed. I sincerely hope the Junta, who are leaders of action and not just hollow words, threats and promises that mean`t nothing under the last Government and the Government before them will remain in power forever and bring stability to the country, and I am sure this point of view pertains to the majority of the Thai population.

Miss post, sorry.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

I just filled up my motorbike with 91 gasohol and cost me almost 40 baht per liter. I am not happy at all with the cost of fuel. I am sure many Thais are not too happy with this as well. Could the good General please do something about the cost of fuel to make Thais happy?

Edited by toybits
  • Like 2

I just filled up my motorbike with 91 gasohol and cost me almost 40 baht per liter. I am not happy at all with the cost of fuel. I am sure many Thais are not too happy with this as well. Could the good General please do something about the cost of fuel to make Thais happy?

It went up over 20% under the Shins.

But to me it is still cheap compared to about 65 Lt baht in the UK (£1.29) We pay 35 baht for E20

• Like 2

I still have a problem with polls conducted in Thailand. Mind you sometimes I wished some things were true. In this particular poll this would be a real nice result if reliable:

"- 92.35 percent said they have become more interested in following up events from the printed and broadcast media and social media;"

• Like 2

It went up over 20% under the Shins.

But to me it is still cheap compared to about 65 Lt baht in the UK (£1.29) We pay 35 baht for E20

A short term Brit resident presumes to compare UK prices to those in Thailand and speak on behalf of the rural Thai population, who exist for a whole month on what you pay for three pints of London Pride, a large pizza and half a tank of petrol on your night out!

The vast majority of polls say what those commissioning them want them to say. If they don't then the pollsters don't know what they're doing.

So if the reds conducted a poll it would be a great big truckload of bs !

• Like 1

That might have a lot to do with the way Suthep was blocking parts of Bangkok.

Suthep would never have took to the streets if the PTP run the country even remotely resembling something other than an absolute calamity and cesspool of corruption. Or attempting to ram through an amnesty bill that was designed to forgive terrorists, corruption in the tens of thousands for the sake of one corrupt, terrorizing mass murderer. A gecernment who broke every democratic principle along the way and acted against the constitution.

They were giver 2.5 years to show what they were capable of and we all saw exactly what they were capable of.

That is why people ended up being inconvenienced by protests.

Had there never been any protests and the government had been allowed to continue, Thaksin would have been PM again by last Christmas and he would have owned both upper and lower house, and if this same poll had been conducted, I can guarantee that the figures would have been at the absolute polar end of the spectrum.

The country would have been well on the way to bankruptcy as well with 2.2 million of extra debt to be paid back by our children and grandchildren at a staggering 280 million baht a day for 50 years.

Yeah right.... It's all Suthep's fault.

To me, Suthep deserves a statue in the middle of Bangkok for what he has done for Thailand.

I'm always amazed at how people can wander around absolutely oblivious to the last 60 years to Thai history.

lostsoul49 posted a very good comment, one that cuts to the heart of the matter, and the best you can come up with is that anal, off topic one liner.

Little wonder posters like yourself have little if any credibility. facepalm.gif

• Like 2

I was actually waiting for fabby to jump in and say its Suthep's fault he is s fascist you know....but looks like binnsy beat him to it

Maybe flabio is binnsy, did you ever consider that ? whistling.gif

a fine upstanding red shirt like fabby/binnsy doing something dishonest and posting under different names...never..... must be an honest mistake guv or a little white lie..

This is just a poll on a Uni campus, pretty meaningless regarding the greater population.

Obviously you dont understand many/most polls here in Thailand are conducted by Uni students, not on Uni students. I guess the reporters are gonna have keep slipping in these boring facts for the clueless that dont understand how regional/national polling works.

The vast majority of polls say what those commissioning them want them to say. If they don't then the pollsters don't know what they're doing.

So if the reds conducted a poll it would be a great big truckload of bs !

As far as I'm concerned that's all any poll does.