Adobe house building in the Cm area

wigantojapan

http://www.chiangmailifeconstruction.com/products/adobe-walls/

Our kids school has been built with adobe walls, wet weather is no issue.

and that school was built 3 years ago? if not how long ago?

and how long does it take to test the viability of building materials?

The Great Wall of China is mostly made of adobe and compacted earth...stood the test of time well..its been there for a year or two..

This was mentioned a few times when we inspected the school being built. Learn something new everyday (unless you're a jaded old Thai Visa know it all expat).

It is a fine idea and I wish them all the best but let's remember that a lot of things that are done successfully elsewhere somehow do not get the necessary execution here and thus do not turn out well.

Certainly the school buildings do look good thus far.

Might be hard to get a bank to loan on it, in the future....even if you're paying cash; you gotta look ahead to possibly selling some day.

After a few years I would imagine the temperature evening up would be a selling point.

Not sure of in a Moo Ban

Might be hard to get a bank to loan on it, in the future....even if you're paying cash; you gotta look ahead to possibly selling some day.

After a few years I would imagine the temperature evening up would be a selling point.

Not sure of in a Moo Ban

No reason not to build in a Moo Baan, but generally these 'alternative lifestyle' type houses are more suited to an urban environment.

I was involved in straw bale,adobe,rammed earth and stone building construction back home and due , sadly to the fact that a majority of people want a 'cookie cutter' type house of common [normal] construction materials , most of these type houses are built away from suburbia where they just dont seem to fit in with the concrete/brick boxes around them.

There is still in many places a feeling that only ''hippy types'' would want to live in such homes..bizarre!!

All types of construction methods and materials have good and bad points, but the special feeling one gets living in a ''natural' house is amazing..Thats the biggest drawcard for me and many others involved..thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Not sure of in a Moo Ban

No reason not to build in a Moo Baan, but generally these 'alternative lifestyle' type houses are more suited to an urban environment.

I was involved in straw bale,adobe,rammed earth and stone building construction back home and due , sadly to the fact that a majority of people want a 'cookie cutter' type house of common [normal] construction materials , most of these type houses are built away from suburbia where they just dont seem to fit in with the concrete/brick boxes around them.

There is still in many places a feeling that only ''hippy types'' would want to live in such homes..bizarre!!

All types of construction methods and materials have good and bad points, but the special feeling one gets living in a ''natural' house is amazing..Thats the biggest drawcard for me and many others involved..thumbsup.gif

Edit;
[ No coffee yet at that time..meant rural environment...] coffee1.gif

The guy is needing work to finance his sister to go to medical school.

..If any of the posters are thinking of starting a natural build or have started and are needed extra hands and expertise ,,let me know.

..sorry its good that people have shown an interest but i will only ask him to supply photos of his work if you are genuinely interested in getting an adobe built

or any other natural material ,,Thank you..Of course please feel free to comment about the subject cheers

We are looking at rendering the interior of our house with pigmented clay. The problem is the company in BKK that supplies the clay wants 2M baht to do it!! If we just buy the clay and pigment its 1M. Now, as far as I know, clay is clay. So looking at making our own clay render and would love to find someone that has worked with it before.

Please send me his details and photos ect.

THanks

I posted the CLC website several times in this thread already. They can do it.