Honda Click or Yamaha Nouvo?

Well, two Clicks, a Kawasaki 130 thing and a 110 Wave. Kawasaki died early doors. Click's are horribly unreliable and the Wave just keeps on going and never has any servicing. It doesn't set the world alight but it starts.

From experience, my vote for a reliable scooter goes to the Wave.

We should not compare the Honda Wave as a scooter, it has a semi-automatic transmission and therefore it's not a twist-and-go scooter. We should compare apples with apples.... Sure the Honda Wave is one of the most indestructible bikes in Southeast Asia I not thing anybody will disagree on that.... but it's not a real scooter...

• Like 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And on a funnier note.... Yamaha dealers sell Hondas too, while Honda dealers dont and are not allowed to sell Yamahas. They should have some sells after all. ( the Yamaha dealers)

Dear Nebula,

No Yamaha dealer sells Honda's, what you consider as a Yamaha dealer are just independent dealers. The Honda dealers that you see around the country are fully financed by Honda Thailand, and therefore they not sell any other brand of motorcycles. Officially any fully funded Honda dealer can still sell any other brand of motorcycles without any conflicting commercial interest.... But they cannot use any Honda supported financing to do so....

Edited by Richard-BKK

jackcorbett , i was going to start a collection for you untill i realised that , by not having to upgrade the tires and susspension on the Yamaha to make it safe (as you would have had to on the "Honda" , your "quids"(Dollars) better off. ERGO - drinks are on you!. The Chinese "copies" in vietnam probly use component parts from the same factories as Honda.

I'd be willing to bet that JC upgraded the tires on his NE; and struts likely.

Richard you are wrong by thinking that Honda dealers are financed by Honda. I m really curious to know what finance u mean since they all pay the motorcycles they get unlike with the others that pay after they sell the delivered motorcycles. Secondly, I didnt know that Yamaha dealers sell Hondas, but I saw it today and asked. Seems they do. I am not talking about the small shops that sell every brand. I am talking about the Yamaha dealers who have their exterior and interior made the same ( the grey color exterior) similar to the official Honda dealers with their white color scheme.

Well, two Clicks, a Kawasaki 130 thing and a 110 Wave. Kawasaki died early doors. Click's are horribly unreliable and the Wave just keeps on going and never has any servicing. It doesn't set the world alight but it starts.

From experience, my vote for a reliable scooter goes to the Wave.

We should not compare the Honda Wave as a scooter, it has a semi-automatic transmission and therefore it's not a twist-and-go scooter. We should compare apples with apples.... Sure the Honda Wave is one of the most indestructible bikes in Southeast Asia I not thing anybody will disagree on that.... but it's not a real scooter...

Well whatever it is it works better than the other things.

jackcorbett , 112 has some issues if you dare to come up with good advice on buying bikes - if those bikes arent "Hondas". People have a choice whether to lower themselves by pointing out the facts. Waste of time. On a happier note - if your girlfriend takes on the lawn mowing , does she need a work permit ? HE HE. I envy you having a 3 acre lawn.

yeah good advices. You guys are just acting like parrots continuously saying Honda is bad quality and shit and Yamaha is very good but look around yourself and you will see 7 hondas out of 10 bikes. And also not accepting this fact saying Thai people are not smart on their choices! Dont want to post anything on this shitty thread but these kind of comments arouse me to be honest.

have you ever ridden a honda click? i hope you did before posting all those BS like it is breaking in the middle, not reliable and riding bad.

So where are your facts coming from nigel? from your hard feelings i guess?

I am pretty objective on what i am saying with all those years of experience. I rode these two bikes as well and can say honda click 125 is a better bike. More fun for sure.

but you guys? very good advises, honda breaks in the middle, yamaha has two struts, honda has one. Yamaha has braces around the chassis - like it is something good, yamaha keep riding and riding but Honda not. Great, go on guys. all you are doing is just fooling yourselves!

as still majority will go and buy a honda!

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bring this old thread back to life. I rode a Honda Click 125i for a few months and it doesn't ride that well at high speeds. No real problems but it feels unstable if a lorry passes and anything over 80 km/h and you have a feeling like you're pushing it too hard. Would I see an improvement with the Yamaha Nouvo (especially the 2012- 125 model)?

I'm thinking a Nouvo with a top box would be a better ride and you could still carry stuff.

Edited by edwardandtubs