40 yo and still no children and wife

expatsupreme

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, you are 40 yo, no children or wife.

So you regret it, so much, as to come on this forum, and ask support from other members.

Would you be happy if others tell you they are on the same situation?

No, because already you regret it and asking yourself what went wrong with your life.

Saying, I will at 50, is just an excuse to yourself.

C'mon, start looking for the right woman and take the natural way of having and enjoying children.

Don't waste your time asking here.

Good Luck to you, and come back and tell us, in a couple of years. how happy you are.

And then come back a few years after that and tell us how the divorce left you broke***.

***Statistically speaking, there is a greater chance first marriages end in divorce rather than happily after ever.

Cheers

OP,

Mrs T and I are of similar age, been married a long time. Our kids are grown and will soon stand on their own. Unlike Mrs T, I've kept my figure, exercise, eat right and stay healthy. If Mrs T kicks it before I do, I'll have grown up to be just like you are today. But Oy! The things I will have had to have gone through to get there, while YOU are already there.

T

• Like 1

I would just like to thanks the mods for taking out my post. Excellent work.

Yes, I think so too, the post was ridiculous

A qualification of a mod really should have is a sense of humor. Something you clearly do not possess my friend. It must be frustrating not being able to decipher sarcasm though. Anyway feel free to delete away, I must get back to work. BTW, When do you knock off so I know when to post again ? Cheers

I would just like to thanks the mods for taking out my post. Excellent work.

Yes, I think so too, the post was ridiculous

A qualification of a mod really should have is a sense of humor. Something you clearly do not possess my friend. It must be frustrating not being able to decipher sarcasm though. Anyway feel free to delete away, I must get back to work. BTW, When do you knock off so I know when to post again ? Cheers

Your post was against the forum rules--that is true whether it was a joke or serious.

You might want to read up on forum rules because your most recent post probably is well.

You can save yourself some time-outs.

So what many of you mean is...

"I have no interest in making sacrifices to give life to another human being so that they themselves can enjoy this magical world and all of the pleasures of it, I would rather spend all of my time and energy making only myself happy" ?

• Like 1

I'm 41 and have no children. I don't want any and I'm certainly not planning on getting married. Not now, not ever.

There's no real reason for you to follow the herd of banality which most people seem to do in this life, just do what suits you.

You make those who do what comes naturally to the human species sound like cattle.

If it wasn't for your parents also following that 'herd of banality' you wouldn't be here.

Being a parent is something I started at 38.

Best feeling ever coming home to my daughter.

The circle of life is wonderful.

Don't tell him - he thinks its banal and that's fine.

He'll just end up a lonely old man.

Up to him.

• Like 2

There are plenty of children in the world who were brought into the world by people who really should never have been parents. Don't join this club just because the rest of the herd tells you to.

Who says the guy would be a bad parent?

And what's up with using the word 'herd'?

Has everyone forgotten they also have parents who gave birth to them or something.

• Like 2

Having kids is really the most meaningful and fulfilling thing that can happen to anyone's life ...

Only if your life prior to that was totally empty, and you cant think of doing anything better with it than produce more people. Many parents are like this, and they can be an incredibly boring lot.

Personally I cant think of much worse than being married and having children. Well, maybe Ebola.

Can you give us some examples of some of the things you have decided to do with your life that has been better than providing for and giving life to a child?

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn't want kids at 50, as another person said having a teenager, possibly in education while you are almost 70 wouldn't be my idea of winding down.

Nothing wrong with not being married, or having kids.

I'll go with that..........thumbsup.gif

I was a father at 15 years of age. My daughter is now a senior citizen and old enough to retire in Thailand. We still chat almost daily. It gives her an interesting perspective on my life. I must say after having had a bunch of children only one was planned.

You know that one percent of condom breakage? That's me. I'm the guy who breaks em.

Having kids is really the most meaningful and fulfilling thing that can happen to anyone's life ...

Only if your life prior to that was totally empty, and you cant think of doing anything better with it than produce more people. Many parents are like this, and they can be an incredibly boring lot.

Personally I cant think of much worse than being married and having children. Well, maybe Ebola.

Worse than Ebola? being married to you, with an attitude as rancid as yours.

• Like 1