40 yo and still no children and wife

expatsupreme

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marriage and kids are for fools especially when divorce rates are 50 plus percent and even higher for second and third marriages...

The only reason you want it is because nature is forcing itself on you and making you feel that way because all it cares about is keeping the human species going. You're just another worthless breeder in its eyes...Ignore it and don't let it turn you into another worthless statistic.. there's more than enough suckers out there willing to get married and populate the planet.

And to the guy who said if you don't have kids you'll just grow old and be lonely? Haaaaaaaaaaa.. Fact of the matter is - most kids don't give a shit about their parents when they get older and just stick them into nursing homes and let them rot there. I've been to nursing homes and saw all those people sitting there waiting to die.. ALONE.....Where are all those loving kids? Children are for fools.

I am 36, never married, no kids and plan on living till I am 80 which at that point I'll probably be able to just download my brain into a computer and live forever in a virtual paradise.

suckers.

You got any money?

There are plenty of children in the world who were brought into the world by people who really should never have been parents. Don't join this club just because the rest of the herd tells you to.

That's the second time this herd word has popped up in this thread.

It's a laughable concept, especially in the west, and especially in the last fifty years or so.

In fact, in this regard Thailand now shares the same attitude as the West but Thailand has maybe taken it too far as the birth rate has plummeted.

Social pressure now is to not have children, or to have a small family.

There is nothing "herdish" in having children.

In fact, in the West its almost at the point of becoming unique.

There's nothing noble in not having children.

That doesn't make you unique - you are the new norm. And here's the bitter truth about it - outside your close family - no one cares.

I've seen the rise of the childless couple - and I couldn't care less about that either.

Just the same way as I couldn't care less when the husband dies and leaves their wife alone.

Then loneliness becomes the new norm.

I bet you know how that feels already. Get used to it - its not going to get any better.

When those close to you die - and you join the vast ranks of the discarded elderly - then you'll really feel it. If you're lucky you'll die suddenly in your sleep, if you're unlucky you'll enter into a long slow decline. And no one will be interested.

No sons will take you out to watch a sports match. No daughters will invite you round for a thanksgiving dinner.

You won't see your grandchildren graduate. You'll just turn to dust and be gone.

And no one will care. No one will care.

Up to you.

So having children is just a selfish thing? So someone will care about you when you are old? So you think you will not be lonely? Children are simply to ensure you enjoy your later years?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My opinion, having children is both selfish and selfless. Those people that thibk they are doing the world a huge favour piss Me off

Many people have kids because;

They are bored with life

They want to do the normal thing

They don't want to be left behind

They want someone to look after them when they get older

They are lonely now

They think they will be lonely later

They are all selfish!

I recently bought a fairly expensive fuel inefficient car that probably damages the environment. That's purely selfish, I don't say I'm doing the world a favour

If those saying that having a child is purely selfless why don't you sponsor a child, and give 50% of your salary to an orphanage but you have to remain anonymous and have no contact with the child or orphanage??? That means the kids can't thank you, talk to you, loom after you, keep you company etc etc etc. You would be helping unfortunate kids selflessly, while getting no benefits other then the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference!

That to me is selfless,

I doubt anyone would be willing to do that!

Btw I'm not against kids, if I met the lady of my dreams, I would consider it, but I'm not doing the world any favours

The vaguely interesting thing is that you actually, truly believe that which you have written to be intelligent discourse,

I don't know anyone that says to themselves -

"I'm going to do the world a favour and have children."

Do you have any idea how stupid and absurd that comment is?

I'll guess there are thousands of parents on Thaivisa - I'm prepared to bet that not one of them said to themselves

"I'm going to do the world a favour and have a child."

Due to my job, I reckon I've met easily twenty thousand parents or more - and never have I heard the words

"I'm going to do the world a favour," used as a justification by any of them for having a child.

Not one.

• Like 1

Can you give us some examples of some of the things you have decided to do with your life that has been better than providing for and giving life to a child?

The phrase was "meaningful and fulfilling", not "better".

I've done many things that are more meaningful and fulfilling. Doing a good job and leaving my client satisfied. Or giving money to charity. Or helping an old lady across the road. Or even having a nice lunch.

So you don't want to waste your time giving life to another human being and caring for them and raising them because you find it more fulfilling to satisfy clients and eat lunch?

Here is a clue: It isn't about you.

Do you guys not realize that your parents had to sacrifice so that you could be living these fabulous childless lives?

Another solution is to have kids with a Mom who is not your wife and with whom you dont live, so you avoid all their bullshiiit and the poor life that anybody who has a family to take care lives...

This thread is really bringing out the crazies.

• Like 1

No kids, No wife??? Have you lost your mind?? We must pro-create and take on responsibilities like a man!!!!!!

Well.....there are 7 billion people in the world already. And maybe you are busy with a life's passion that delays, possibly indefinitely, having kids. the wife thing.....if she is really rich or if you are really rich and want to help her for the long-run...but it's ok to be best friends, only.

Here is what I learned when I was 27....and I felt this was very late in life. I don't really care what others think about my choices. Most will try to drag you down......Others will give tons of advice and never take their own advice....and others are simply wired differently. i am not living their life. i know, deep down, what is best for me. I guess if you need help with drugs that might be different.....but you understand the gist.

but there is that saying....you can be bad at everything in life, but tell yourself you are the greatest dad. i don't drink that kool-aid, but many others do.

go with the gut....

Edited by puukao

Another solution is to have kids with a Mom who is not your wife and with whom you dont live, so you avoid all their bullshiiit and the poor life that anybody who has a family to take care lives...

Trust someone to bring Thainess into it.

39, never married but been in various kinds of relationsships (lasted 1,2,3,6 and 3 years) and no kids.

I ask myself these questions:

1. Am I an honest man...ethically responsible and with a moral compass that others could follow? NO.

2. Do I help others in need? NOT enough.

3. Do I strive everyday to become a better man? ONLY PARTLY

4. Will I totally and without compromise give my absolute attention and raise my kids with an unbias view of the world? NO. MAYBE. DON'T KNOW.

5. Will I improve on mankind? DON'T KNOW. PROBABLY NOT.

6. Does the world as we know it need more kids or should we firstly take care of the ones already born? FIRST TAKE CARE OF THE ONES BORN.

Thus, anyone can clearly see me unfit for the responsible duty of fatherhood.

And I will never marry. I don't need a ring on my finger to prove my utter and sincere love to my woman – (when I find her)

Regarding the posts saying the world is collapsing as a reason for not getting kids:

Before I viewed life even more dystopic. However, I have learnt that life is in the eye of the beholder. A man sleeping on the streets could experience more joy in life and possible to give a more depth understanding of love to his kids than a billionaire could ever do. Life IS amazing, if you want to believe it. And I believe it is.

• Like 2

Can you give us some examples of some of the things you have decided to do with your life that has been better than providing for and giving life to a child?

The phrase was "meaningful and fulfilling", not "better".

I've done many things that are more meaningful and fulfilling. Doing a good job and leaving my client satisfied. Or giving money to charity. Or helping an old lady across the road. Or even having a nice lunch.

So you don't want to waste your time giving life to another human being and caring for them and raising them because you find it more fulfilling to satisfy clients and eat lunch?

Here is a clue: It isn't about you.

Do you guys not realize that your parents had to sacrifice so that you could be living these fabulous childless lives?

Fine, you pump out a couple extra for those of us selfish bastages who don't want the responsibility...

Marriage and kids?

The biggest, most insidious trap mankind has ever devised. One designed to leverage key fundamental instincts to ensure that as many of us as possible stand still enough to generate revenue for the state.

The whole trap - school, job/career, girl/guy, marriage, mortgage/credit card debt, procreation and never-ending acquisition of consumer tat with which to compare yourself to other equally vacuous lemmings - is aimed at a majority too scared to question their programming lest they find themselves "left behind". They believe these things will somehow validate life choices that, thanks to the power of marketing - were never really theirs to make in the first place.

Yes it's a cynical view but given how many men emerge from the trap skint, bitter and mistrustful, I bet they wish they'd looked at it more closely.

OP should be absolutely ECSTATIC that he's been fortunate enough to elude this nonsense.

God knows I am smile.png

I bet you are pretty glad your parents didn't have the same attitude as you....

Marriage and kids?

The biggest, most insidious trap mankind has ever devised. One designed to leverage key fundamental instincts to ensure that as many of us as possible stand still enough to generate revenue for the state.

The whole trap - school, job/career, girl/guy, marriage, mortgage/credit card debt, procreation and never-ending acquisition of consumer tat with which to compare yourself to other equally vacuous lemmings - is aimed at a majority too scared to question their programming lest they find themselves "left behind". They believe these things will somehow validate life choices that, thanks to the power of marketing - were never really theirs to make in the first place.

Yes it's a cynical view but given how many men emerge from the trap skint, bitter and mistrustful, I bet they wish they'd looked at it more closely.

OP should be absolutely ECSTATIC that he's been fortunate enough to elude this nonsense.

God knows I am smile.png

Glad for what ?

If I was not born I would fuxxin not mind so it is ridiculous to be glad for anything to your parents...

Marriage and kids?

God knows I am smile.png

Glad for what ?

If I was not born I would fuxxin not mind so it is ridiculous to be glad for anything to your parents...

Well if you were not born - you would have not life nor would be able to come on here and whinge about having one, or blaming everyone else for your problems, which appears to be the case of Benny Hill...

What I am wondering is why, if people who have kids think that it is a so great decision (but most of the time it is NOT even a decision right ?), why these parents need to try to tell to people who do not want kids that they are wrong ?

I think that you just want us in the same troubles as you !!!

No thank you, without monkeys to feed my life is very happy already <3

• Like 1

If you want your bloodline to continue, then you should find a suitable woman to bear your child(ren). If not, well, then just enjoy your life and don't worry mai pen rai no woman no cry it's all good in the proverbal hood etc.

If you want your bloodline to continue, then you should find a suitable woman to bear your child(ren). If not, well, then just enjoy your life and don't worry mai pen rai no woman no cry it's all good in the proverbal hood etc.

Very funny :-)

Ah yes, we are also supposed to continue our bloodline ? For what ? Is it in the law ?

I really wonder form where people could get these ideas that are not even theirs, just things that are repeated and repeated but nobody knows why I guess.

Dinosaurs also tried to continue their bloodline...

Still plenty of time. I have never been married and no kids, just lived life to the full.....now at 46 I am getting married and have a kid on the way. Wanted to do everything I wanted prior to settling down and actually want to settle down now!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kjhbigv

There are plenty of children in the world who were brought into the world by people who really should never have been parents. Don't join this club just because the rest of the herd tells you to.

That's the second time this herd word has popped up in this thread.

It's a laughable concept, especially in the west, and especially in the last fifty years or so.

In fact, in this regard Thailand now shares the same attitude as the West but Thailand has maybe taken it too far as the birth rate has plummeted.

Social pressure now is to not have children, or to have a small family.

There is nothing "herdish" in having children.

In fact, in the West its almost at the point of becoming unique.

There's nothing noble in not having children.

That doesn't make you unique - you are the new norm. And here's the bitter truth about it - outside your close family - no one cares.

I've seen the rise of the childless couple - and I couldn't care less about that either.

Just the same way as I couldn't care less when the husband dies and leaves their wife alone.

Then loneliness becomes the new norm.

I bet you know how that feels already. Get used to it - its not going to get any better.

When those close to you die - and you join the vast ranks of the discarded elderly - then you'll really feel it. If you're lucky you'll die suddenly in your sleep, if you're unlucky you'll enter into a long slow decline. And no one will be interested.

No sons will take you out to watch a sports match. No daughters will invite you round for a thanksgiving dinner.

You won't see your grandchildren graduate. You'll just turn to dust and be gone.

And no one will care. No one will care.

Up to you.

So having children is just a selfish thing? So someone will care about you when you are old? So you think you will not be lonely? Children are simply to ensure you enjoy your later years?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My opinion, having children is both selfish and selfless. Those people that thibk they are doing the world a huge favour piss Me off

Many people have kids because;

They are bored with life

They want to do the normal thing

They don't want to be left behind

They want someone to look after them when they get older

They are lonely now

They think they will be lonely later

They are all selfish!

I recently bought a fairly expensive fuel inefficient car that probably damages the environment. That's purely selfish, I don't say I'm doing the world a favour

If those saying that having a child is purely selfless why don't you sponsor a child, and give 50% of your salary to an orphanage but you have to remain anonymous and have no contact with the child or orphanage??? That means the kids can't thank you, talk to you, loom after you, keep you company etc etc etc. You would be helping unfortunate kids selflessly, while getting no benefits other then the satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference!

That to me is selfless,

I doubt anyone would be willing to do that!

Btw I'm not against kids, if I met the lady of my dreams, I would consider it, but I'm not doing the world any favours

The vaguely interesting thing is that you actually, truly believe that which you have written to be intelligent discourse,

I don't know anyone that says to themselves -

"I'm going to do the world a favour and have children."

Do you have any idea how stupid and absurd that comment is?

I'll guess there are thousands of parents on Thaivisa - I'm prepared to bet that not one of them said to themselves

"I'm going to do the world a favour and have a child."

Due to my job, I reckon I've met easily twenty thousand parents or more - and never have I heard the words

"I'm going to do the world a favour," used as a justification by any of them for having a child.

Not one.

Oh no, don't tell me you are another one of these people that can't handle accepting people have different opinions to your self

As for your comment , you've never met anyone who has said this, out of your 20,000??? Let me say, read this forum alone, and there is already two comments alone people saying having kids benefits society

Plus

Just because you don't say it word for word, doesn't mean anything. it comes across in obviously your attitude especially some of condescending comments you have towards others,

If pointing this out makes people intelligent, then yes, there are many intelligent people on here

What I am wondering is why, if people who have kids think that it is a so great decision (but most of the time it is NOT even a decision right ?), why these parents need to try to tell to people who do not want kids that they are wrong ?

I think that you just want us in the same troubles as you !!!

No thank you, without monkeys to feed my life is very happy already <3

Whether to have children ... or not, of course is a personal choice.

But I do ask the question, where does your anger, your passion come from?

In the western world some people will look down at you and think you're different since you're not married with kids. They expect everyone to follow the same pattern. In Thailand family life is very important, to live and survive. But there's no pressure here, relax and enjoy your life, if you want to be single and free and it makes you happy then go for it.

And If you feel lonely and want to "adopt" a family later in life I am sure you can find it here in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo
  • Like 2