Yamaha r6 - 2015 - Thailand

ll2

received some reliable information recently that Yamaha is releasing r6 next year in Thailand!

they will release it with the next motorshow during November,2014 or the moto expo during March, 2015.

prices are estimated between 520 k thb to 600 k thb.

same source also stated that we might see kawasaki zx10r and zx636 here as well within a couple of years.

so, things are getting more serious in Thailand finally.

if they sell yamaha r6 here around 550 k thb, it will be a great seller but if higher than 6000 k th, it might put people off as the price difference will not be much - around 150 k - with yamaha r1.

still, i take this as good news! hope what they say is true.

post-184955-0-53029500-1404708125_thumb.

post-184955-0-16322700-1404708127_thumb.

post-184955-0-59680200-1404708211_thumb.

not sure if 600cc supersport will really work here because most (thais) if investing in a big bike they will go straight for a 1000. Just look at the 2nd hand market you rarely find 600cc supersport bikes. (they are not cool enough)

• Like 1

not sure if 600cc supersport will really work here because most (thais) if investing in a big bike they will go straight for a 1000. Just look at the 2nd hand market you rarely find 600cc supersport bikes. (they are not cool enough)

yeah, thinking the same here but if they can sell it for around 550 k thb, it might create a difference as 200 - 250 k thb is major saving over lets say an r1.

hm its still abit pricey for a 600cc bike. the cbr1000rr is already 600k and u can de-strict it for 35k baht.

but oh my, the r6 looks sexy. if it gets cheaper than 500k i'd consider getting it.

i wish they would sell the gsxr600. best 600cc ss out there (imo)

Edited by wowjudo

Yes, they only look at displacement, the more CC the bigger face you have! To hell with all the other nuances.

It is probably true for many that a bike is a d*ck swinging contest type deal but

For 600RR types I think the 2nd hand market here reflects the lack of 600RR

available period.

I only ever see either illegal (non-greenbook) or over priced Red Baron 600rr import types.

When hit with the import price I can see why they go 1000RR/R1 etc.

Great looking bike and always been a fan of the r1.

For me the only thing that lets down the look is the exhaust.

How cool would it be with these pipes?

IMG_0752.jpg

10X Cooler with this pipe.

post-202194-0-34343800-1405121578_thumb.

• Like 1

If the R-6 comes to Thailand it would be a good thing. Not many people can ride a 1,000cc bike full bore ... let alone full bore with any grace ... though I must admit it is quite inspiring to watch the big dogs go fast on the track ...

I've been considering / wanting to step up to either a Triumph 675R or a ZX-10 ... I currently drive a Kawasaki ER6N (70hp) ... I'd like a bit more power coming out of the corners ... but I'm thinking the ZX-10 at 200hp would probably land me in a world of hurt ... even though it has ABS and Traction Control ...

The Triumph 675R has about 120hp ... that's about the bump up in power I'm looking for ... the annoying thing is that the Triumph is quoted at 920,000 Baht while the more powerful and technologically advanced ZX-10 is available for about 815,000 Baht. That sort of pricing just bugs me to death ... paying more for less ... sigh

That's called caught between a "Hard and a Rock Place" ...

What bike shop sells the big Yamaha's ... link please ... :) perhaps even GPS coordinates ... I did try and find the Yamaha dealer in BKK ... but got frustrated ... thx

• Like 1

If the R-6 comes to Thailand it would be a good thing. Not many people can ride a 1,000cc bike full bore ... let alone full bore with any grace ... though I must admit it is quite inspiring to watch the big dogs go fast on the track ...

I've been considering / wanting to step up to either a Triumph 675R or a ZX-10 ... I currently drive a Kawasaki ER6N (70hp) ... I'd like a bit more power coming out of the corners ... but I'm thinking the ZX-10 at 200hp would probably land me in a world of hurt ... even though it has ABS and Traction Control ...

The Triumph 675R has about 120hp ... that's about the bump up in power I'm looking for ... the annoying thing is that the Triumph is quoted at 920,000 Baht while the more powerful and technologically advanced ZX-10 is available for about 815,000 Baht. That sort of pricing just bugs me to death ... paying more for less ... sigh

What bike shop sells the big Yamaha's ... link please ... :) perhaps even GPS coordinates ... I did try and find the Yamaha dealer in BKK ... but got frustrated ... thx

Not yet lwm. They say available next year.

Consider new 2015 honda cbr1000rr as it is restricted at 120 hp which can suit you too at 640 k thb most probably around the same price with rumored upcoming r6 which will be around 550 k to 620 k thb.

You can get the new cbr1000rr right away too from bigwing but you need to wai 2 months for the bikes arrive.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

What bike shop sells the big Yamaha's ... link please ... smile.png perhaps even GPS coordinates ... I did try and find the Yamaha dealer in BKK ... but got frustrated ... thx

LWM, What about the Yamaha MT-09 ?

it's definitely a good step up from the ER6n, with 115HP and an amazing 87.5 Nm of torque.

compared to 70HP and 64 Nm of the ER6n.

^

The Yamaha is a good alternative to the Street Triple, but the 675R is a different animal entirely.

Triumph gouges above what the import tax calls for, unfortunately, but if it's calling your name and you can afford it, the 675R is an amazing bike.

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

received some reliable information recently that Yamaha is releasing r6 next year in Thailand!

they will release it with the next motorshow during November,2014 or the moto expo during March, 2015.

prices are estimated between 520 k thb to 600 k thb.

same source also stated that we might see kawasaki zx10r and zx636 here as well within a couple of years.

so, things are getting more serious in Thailand finally.

if they sell yamaha r6 here around 550 k thb, it will be a great seller but if higher than 6000 k th, it might put people off as the price difference will not be much - around 150 k - with yamaha r1.

still, i take this as good news! hope what they say is true.

yamaha already sold the R6 here in Thailand but did not sell as well as the average buyer would rather pay the extra for an R1. I only know this as I used to own an R6 here and it was difficult to get one I did plenty research.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The new Yamaha YZF-R6 will be introduced a little bit earlier than LL2 says, also the model that will be introduce will be the 2014 model, and I can reveal the colors for you right now....

For the Yamaha geeks the model is the YZFR6EC (2CX8 what's the 2014 model). I will publish the Thai/English parts catalog shortly...

The first and for me the best looking is the Matt Gray Metallic, the second is the classic Yamaha blue and the last one is fire Red...

The pictures of the OP are absolutely not confirm what Yamaha Thailand wants the introduce...

Edited by Richard-BKK

The new Yamaha YZF-R6 will be introduced a little bit earlier than LL2 says, also the model that will be introduce will be the 2014 model, and I can reveal the colors for you right now....

For the Yamaha geeks the model is the YZFR6EC (2CX8 what's the 2014 model). I will publish the Thai/English parts catalog shortly...

The first and for me the best looking is the Matt Gray Metallic, the second is the classic Yamaha blue and the last one is fire Red...

The pictures of the OP are absolutely not confirm what Yamaha Thailand wants the introduce...

Yes of course. photos are 2014 models i found from google.

But it will be the same model richard.

And why dont you post the photos here?

Any price info?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

Good news that it's coming, although I'd have preferred a 600 from one of the other Jap brands. The r6 hasn't had a major update since 2008 and always seems to finish in the bottom one or two in the 600 shootouts when tested on the street. It's supposed to be an excellent track bike though.

Hopefully this will convince Kawasaki to bring the 636.

Good news that it's coming, although I'd have preferred a 600 from one of the other Jap brands. The r6 hasn't had a major update since 2008 and always seems to finish in the bottom one or two in the 600 shootouts when tested on the street. It's supposed to be an excellent track bike though.

Hopefully this will convince Kawasaki to bring the 636.

I heard from the dealer that the 636 is absolutely coming. Fullly loaded with traction controls and ABS...thumbsup.gif

In Thailand we could be living on another planet, as nothing really seems to apply to the models released in Thailand. For example the new to released Yamaha YZF-R6 will beat the Thai version of the Honda CBR1000RR at anything, lower price, lower weight and more performance.

The Honda CBR100RR weighs in at 200kg, while the new Yamaha YZF-R6 is 189kg, the Honda CBR1000RR (Thai version) produce 121 horsepower, while the Yamaha YZF-R6 makes 122 horsepower at 14,500rpm, while the Thai version of the CBR1000RR produce its maximum at (121 horsepower) at 12,000rpm.

Edited by Richard-BKK

damn have to get rid of mine before prices starts to drop whistling.gif who wants a nice 09 (last model with 133hp stock) R6 with proper reg and some nice upgrades?

I would be not too eager to sell a 2009 Yamaha YZF-R6 for cheap, as it's possible to get much more “legal” performance out of a 2009 version YZF-R6 than you will get out of a 2015 version.

This is mainly because a 2009 version is registered in 2009 and therefore needs to pass the 2009 environmental standard for the rest of its live. While the 2015 will need to pass the 2014/2015 environmental standard, which is more strict on exhaust emission... Also for 2015 the motorcycle needs to make less sound at halve throttle, while the 2009 YZF-R6 can make 94fB (what is similar to a average race grate motocross bike).....

Edited by Richard-BKK

In Thailand we could be living on another planet, as nothing really seems to apply to the models released in Thailand. For example the new to released Yamaha YZF-R6 will beat the Thai version of the Honda CBR1000RR at anything, lower price, lower weight and more performance.

The Honda CBR100RR weighs in at 200kg, while the new Yamaha YZF-R6 is 189kg, the Honda CBR1000RR (Thai version) produce 121 horsepower, while the Yamaha YZF-R6 makes 122 horsepower at 14,500rpm, while the Thai version of the CBR1000RR produce its maximum at (121 horsepower) at 12,000rpm.

The new 696 is listed at 194kg/ 129 HP so it’ll smoke the CBR1000RR for sure.. In addition the Thai CBR1000RR has no TC. whistling.gif

Edited by fullcave

The new 696 is listed at 194kg/ 129 HP so it’ll smoke the CBR1000RR for sure.. In addition the Thai CBR1000RR has no TC. whistling.gif

You should not assume that the Thai version of the Kawasaki ZX-6R, if they even will introduce it into Thailand, will provide the same horsepower as the international version. Yes, the international version of the Kawasaki ZX-6R makes just over 129 horsepower... but we need to see how much it will make in Thailand. Not forget that the international version of the Honda CBR100RR makes over 178 horsepower at 12,000rpm... but is limited to only 121hp in Thailand

The Kawasaki ZX-10R made outside Thailand a good amount more power than they did in Thailand, also not forget that Kawasaki is using similar technology as Honda... Keihin, which provides the fueling for the Kawasaki ZX-6R is made by a Honda affiliated company...

Basically if you look at the new Kawasaki ZX-6R you could ask what is not made by Honda.... ?

Edited by Richard-BKK

You should not assume that the Thai version of the Kawasaki ZX-6R, if they even will introduce it into Thailand, will provide the same horsepower as the international version. Yes, the international version of the Kawasaki ZX-6R makes just over 129 horsepower... but we need to see how much it will make in Thailand. Not forget that the international version of the Honda CBR100RR makes over 178 horsepower at 12,000rpm... but is limited to only 121hp in Thailand

The Kawasaki ZX-10R made outside Thailand a good amount more power than they did in Thailand, also not forget that Kawasaki is using similar technology as Honda... Keihin, which provides the fueling for the Kawasaki ZX-6R is made by a Honda affiliated company...

The Thai ZX 14 is listed at 218HP. Have seen no limited Kawasaki’s in Thailand. The dealer says full power. However the r6 has no TC and has less power so perhaps it’ll be a bit cheaper.