Yamaha r6 - 2015 - Thailand

ll2

The Yamaha R6 ... has no ABS or Traction control ... at least as far as I can tell

http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelfeatures/8/0/features.aspx

The Kawasaki ZX6R ... has ABS and Traction control ...

http://www.kawasaki.com/products/product-details-features.aspx?autoplay=false&id=779&scid=0

The Triumph Daytona 675R has ABS ...

http://www.britbike.co.th/Daytona/Daytona_R_SPEC_ENGLISH.html

Perhaps it is just me, but I would consider ABS to be "vital" to safe riding ... on the street ... dusty spots or wet roads ... are hazards ... yeah I know ... slow down in the wet ... but I've inadvertently engaged the front ABS on a dusty corner at low speed ... I'm old and fat ... so I'm gonna say the ABS kept me upright that day ... :)

And on the track ... after a few laps I find that I notice the front ABS coming on occasionally ... that to me is like a warning from God ... "hey buddy ... yer going in a little hot there ... take it down a notch or next time I'll be punching your ticket ... "

So ... what's it like to ride a bike without ABS ... what does the bike do when you start to lock up the front wheel ... warning signs??

The Triumph looks like the best bike to me, but is pricey ... the Kawasaki ZX6r if it comes ... I'd be leaning that way because the price will be less than 920,000 THB

Can a person order a Kawasaki ZX6R yet??

thx

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good news that it's coming, although I'd have preferred a 600 from one of the other Jap brands. The r6 hasn't had a major update since 2008 and always seems to finish in the bottom one or two in the 600 shootouts when tested on the street. It's supposed to be an excellent track bike though.

Hopefully this will convince Kawasaki to bring the 636.

I heard from the dealer that the 636 is absolutely coming. Fullly loaded with traction controls and ABS... alt=thumbsup.gif>

I hope that but prefer them bringing a full spec zx10r. 636 is a very good bike though and if the price is right...

In Thailand we could be living on another planet, as nothing really seems to apply to the models released in Thailand. For example the new to released Yamaha YZF-R6 will beat the Thai version of the Honda CBR1000RR at anything, lower price, lower weight and more performance.

The Honda CBR100RR weighs in at 200kg, while the new Yamaha YZF-R6 is 189kg, the Honda CBR1000RR (Thai version) produce 121 horsepower, while the Yamaha YZF-R6 makes 122 horsepower at 14,500rpm, while the Thai version of the CBR1000RR produce its maximum at (121 horsepower) at 12,000rpm.

What about around 100 nm torque of cbr1000rr?

Edited by ll2

The official spec's for the Thai Yamaha YZF-R6 are 123.7 horsepower at 14,500rpm and 65.7Nm torque at 10,500rpm... And it will surely not be the best motorcycle for all riders... But it surely gives back the trill of riding a sportsbike in Thailand.

I'm not sure that the 100Nm for the Thai Honda CBR1000RR was ever confirmed... but I trust you have a source that can be trusted

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

Well done Yamaha I used to love the looks of the r6 still do ,but as jonnyf says hasn't changed since 2008 that's a long time,all they need to do for me is combine the rear indicators into the rear end easily the sharpest rear end of all the 600 class,still a great bike though....... Honda tut tut they should be embarrassed with the specs comparison above ,who wants to buy a new bike without full spec.

Edited by taninthai

The timing seems a bit weird as well with the 2015 bikes almost here. Possibly a major update around the corner and some unsold 'old' bikes being offloaded onto the Thai market?

If so, they might need to make it extremely well priced given the recent releases here.

Well done Yamaha I used to love the looks of the r6 still do ,but as jonnyf says hasn't changed since 2008 that's a long time,all they need to do for me is combine the rear indicators into the rear end easily the sharpest rear end of all the 600 class,still a great bike though....... Honda tut tut they should be embarrassed with the specs comparison above ,who wants to buy a new bike without full spec.

If r6 comes with similar price with cbr1000rr which it will be the case, many will prefer cbr1000 including me even though it is restricted. Bu yes, shame on Honda!

I actually surprised they sold any cbr 1000 it's so underpowered it's unreal,I would expect the r6 to come in 100-150k at least under cbr price.

Imagine the embarassement LL when a 600 leaves your litre bike standing at the lights..,..lol

Certainly not for me,

I actually surprised they sold any cbr 1000 it's so underpowered it's unreal,I would expect the r6 to come in 100-150k at least under cbr price.

Imagine the embarassement LL when a 600 leaves your litre bike standing at the lights..,..lol

Certainly not for me,

But that is not possible with the 100 nm torque of cbr1000rr tanin.

And I expect r6 at 550 k minimum and can go for 600 k too easily.

If r6 comes with similar price with cbr1000rr which it will be the case, many will prefer cbr1000 including me even though it is restricted. Bu yes, shame on Honda!

What?!?! The guy who loves light weight above all else would go for the bike that weighs 25lbs more???;)

Between an unrestricted Honda 1K and the R6 I'll pick Big Red all day, but I think I'd go for the R6 over the restricted version.

I'm saying 600K (+/-25K) if the Yamaha makes it to LOS.

What?!?! The guy who loves light weight above all else would go for the bike that weighs 25lbs more???wink.png

Between an unrestricted Honda 1K and the R6 I'll pick Big Red all day, but I think I'd go for the R6 over the restricted version.

I'm saying 600K (+/-25K) if the Yamaha makes it to LOS.

Yes rsd, I love light weight bikes. But at psychological level of 200 kg or below, all good for me for a liter bike. Even a BMW s1000rr is 205 kg wet and I am ok for that toobiggrin.png

Today seen a dyno from cbr1000 FB group. Guys managed a smooth 167 rwhp from Thai EC cbr1000rr and only for 30 k baht with European ECU and some other stuff I listed before. Not bad I can say but cannot locate that video to post it here!

Edited by ll2

• 5 months later...

In Thailand we could be living on another planet, as nothing really seems to apply to the models released in Thailand. For example the new to released Yamaha YZF-R6 will beat the Thai version of the Honda CBR1000RR at anything, lower price, lower weight and more performance.

The Honda CBR100RR weighs in at 200kg, while the new Yamaha YZF-R6 is 189kg, the Honda CBR1000RR (Thai version) produce 121 horsepower, while the Yamaha YZF-R6 makes 122 horsepower at 14,500rpm, while the Thai version of the CBR1000RR produce its maximum at (121 horsepower) at 12,000rpm.

Is there a webpage for Yamaha YZF-R6 sales in Thailand? Im interested in purchasing one but cant find any sales info..

Is there a webpage for Yamaha YZF-R6 sales in Thailand? Im interested in purchasing one but cant find any sales info..

Until now there's only the anouncment; nothing official yet also no price....