Tiny maggots everywhere on kitchen floor

gennisis

This morning about to do my breakfast I noticed hundreds of tiny white maggots all over the kitchen floor.
now, I regularly mop the floor every day and all was clear yesterday.

I am guessing they were the offspring of tiny black flying insects that have been about the last few days...dont see any of them today.

Had a thorough vaccum of the floor and mopped it with a strong chlorine solution.

Not Nice..before having breakfast.

The source could be your rice storage or rice cooker.

Rice is notorious for having maggot and ant eggs.

If you eat the rice quick you will never know but if you have rice stored even in a fridge for weeks, then it starts getting lively.

I always give my cooking rice at least three swells around and drain off before the final cooking water.

Not saying that's your culprit but worth considering.

Did you get photo, termites are quite small less than 5mm

If you have got a rubbish bin with "wet" rubbish in the kitchen, move it outside. Maggots take only a few days to come from fish/meat/ripe fruit. If any of those go in the bin try to dispose of the bag the next day.

Inspect the grouting because sometimes they lay their eggs in the cracks where it is warm and dark. If there are some areas where the grout is missing, pour some bleach into the cracks and wait for it to dry, then do some patch up grouting. That should take care of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand