Impact of all the new immigration rules

Want is the impact of enforcing these new immigration and visa rules ? How many people won't be able to return to Thailand and leave behind rented apartment, motorbikes , girlfriends, etc ... There is going to be some sad stories out there.

I hope people take some action now to protect their interests before it is too late.

What are some areas that could be affected ? Pros and cons ?

Example: teachers, pro is that wages should increase for teachers as there may be a shortage. con is that education may suffer and learning English will get more expensive.

Personally I don't care one bit about the corrupt and exploitative education system that they have in place in Thailand. I blame the greedy and inept schools who don't follow the immigration regulations. It's the teachers who are unfairly treated that I feel for.

If all of the education establishments are forced to follow all the rules it will better for everyone.

I do wonder if there's going to be a large number of people who simply don't bother coming to live in Thailand, over a period of time this will accumulate.

Putting measures like this in place will have long lasting effects.

We recently moved to another house - at the old neighborhood (both gated) there was a huge upsurge (12-16 newly occupied houses) of R******n people only two of which would be old enough to be of retirement age.....the rest were late twenties to mid thirties - some had children but most did not - the guys were fairly normal but none of them were friendly & for the most part their wives spent a lot of time around the pool and were model type shapes and very pleasing to the eye - they were actually more friendly than the menfolk.....NONE of these people had any kind schedule that would even make you begin to believe thay had jobs of any sort but they had money to do whatever they wanted - anytime I had a short conversation and had a chance I'd ask what they did for work - never got an answer....music played at all hours and they all seemed friendly with one another but not a family type friendly......I'd notice the ones around me would not be around for two to three days at a time and I figured border runs.....me and some other neighbors thought it possible what we were watching was a move up by Pattaya interests.....I just had lunch with one of our old neighbors and they said since the new rules came into play it's like a ghost town there now - these people seemed to have just cleared out.......the places required a one year lease for them to get in and the timing isn't even remotely close.......

Based on the observations noted above I think it's a good thing.....I think there were elements trying gain ground because if the infighting and these new rules are helping to sort it out.....

I'm kinda at a loss reading your post OP.....WHAT are the NEW immigration and visa rules you speak of?

I'm here on a Non-immigration O visa extended because of retirement (retirement visa).....Keep 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months, report every ninety days.

Not a problem!

Please explain further what your supposedly talking about???????????????????blink.png

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 2

If you follow the regulations there are no problems. I'm currently getting my visa app ready for a NON B immigrant visa. No hassle if you can produce the required documentation. If you can't jog on!!! EU countries would not allow similar illegal immigrants so why should Thailand?????????? Get legal or go home!!!

• Like 2

I'm kinda at a loss reading your post OP.....WHAT are the NEW immigration and visa rules you speak of?

I'm here on a Non-immigration O visa extended because of retirement (retirement visa).....Keep 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months, report every ninety days.

Not a problem!

Please explain further what your supposedly talking about???????????????????blink.png

So in your mind nothing has changed?

Why all the fuss ?

Why are people getting stopped leaving and entering the country ?

What is August 12th all about?

Why are people getting turned away when they go to get a new 60 day tourist visa ? Is this not about visas and about staying in Thailand ?

I understand that it is to make everyone who wants to stay here get a visa.

This don't affect me as I have a visa same as you but it does affect many people. So this is not about you so move on if you are not interested....

Not a problem!

So in your mind nothing has changed?

Why all the fuss ?

Why are people getting stopped leaving and entering the country ?

What is August 12th all about?

Why are people getting turned away when they go to get a new 60 day tourist visa ? Is this not about visas and about staying in Thailand ?

I understand that it is to make everyone who wants to stay here get a visa.

This don't affect me as I have a visa same as you but it does affect many people. So this is not about you so move on if you are not interested....

I guess you're right ....it doesn't affect me ....

Why then didn't you Title your post "Immigration enforcing visa rules"....because those who play by the rules apparently have no problems....AND in reality there are NO new immigration or visa rules.

Its only those who are skirting the rules who have a problem ....and its about time....maybe now the class of people coming to Thailand will improve ....w00t.gif

coffee1.gif

Edited by beachproperty

Beachproperty.... Hahaha.... You make me laugh. Me me me ....

Any changes or new directions to the officers will more than likely not affect me but I do feel for the guys it does affect. They are not all losers. They have lives same as us. Any changes will have an impact on all of us. I am therefore trying to see all the possible good and bad that can come from this.

you have to admit there is a lot of people that come here on tourist visas that then come on here braging im working on line selling stuff as its cheaper to live here,

i personaly dont have a problem with this, ive got my own life and what others do isnt anything to do with me,

but its these it will affect,

like some one said in another postr they will get round it doing the edd visa, but in my eyes this also will stop as they will smell a rat when the edd visa people rises by 90%

just my thoughts, but as we allways say this is thailand

• Like 2

you have to admit there is a lot of people that come here on tourist visas that then come on here braging im working on line selling stuff as its cheaper to live here,

i personaly dont have a problem with this, ive got my own life and what others do isnt anything to do with me,

but its these it will affect,

like some one said in another postr they will get round it doing the edd visa, but in my eyes this also will stop as they will smell a rat when the edd visa people rises by 90%

just my thoughts, but as we allways say this is thailand

ED visa IMO are being widely abused, as they have been in many other countries. I think the days of easy ED visas through dodgy operations will be a thing of the past.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think people should get the correct visa..... But since Thailand had the loophole open forever there are many people who have started a life here and now are having the door slammed in their face.

One Example...Let's just say you have been teaching without a visa because your school just does not provide but promises they will... Aug 12th comes around and you need to leave the country shortly after for you normal boarder-run but find you can not get a 60 day visa in other country or re-enter the country on arriving...damn !!!

I am not sure about the solution but I kind of feel sorry for these people. This is going to be a big impact on their lives but also indirectly affect all of us.

I wonder how many apartments will be abandoned as people can not get back into the country ?

How many people will be stranded in other countries ?

How many girls will loose their boyfriends ?

Many questions .....

The girls will still have their Thai boyfriends/giks.

Maybe ask yourself, did you ever have a Thai g/f in the first place, or were you just another customer?

How will Thailand lose out if condos are abandoned?

Rent/sell them to the next mug, mai mee panha.

• Like 1

I wonder how many apartments will be abandoned as people can not get back into the country ?

How many people will be stranded in other countries ?

How many girls will loose their boyfriends ?

Many questions .....

The girls will still have their Thai boyfriends/giks.

Maybe ask yourself, did you ever have a Thai g/f in the first place, or were you just another customer?

How will Thailand lose out if condos are abandoned?

Rent/sell them to the next mug, mai mee panha.

Lol. Quality RG, always enjoy your posts

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You read the new blacklisting topic ...Hahaha... I can see it now... Beach property or another kind caring farang (Not!) forgets to do their extension or has some problem that prevents it from happening and overstays by one day. To be told that they are blacklisted for one year ... OMG !!!

• Like 1

If you follow the regulations there are no problems. I'm currently getting my visa app ready for a NON B immigrant visa. No hassle if you can produce the required documentation. If you can't jog on!!! EU countries would not allow similar illegal immigrants so why should Thailand?????????? Get legal or go home!!!

You wouldn't believe how many posters with attitudes just like yours have been knocked back over documentation they THOUGHT was absolutely spot on.

If immigration don't like the look of your face or the stamps in your passport, you're going home . . . at your own expense so TRY not to be so arrogant, eh

I'm not being arrogant. Its just you can hardly complain about Thai immigration enforcing their own regulations! They should be doing it all the time. I've always worked in Thailand legally. It does annoy me that so many people stay and work in Thailand illegally. I went to all the trouble of producing the correct paperwork...And yes, everything is at the discretion of the immigration officer. If you always smile and are polite you will never have any problems.

You wouldn't believe how many posters with attitudes just like yours have been knocked back over documentation they THOUGHT was absolutely spot on.

If immigration don't like the look of your face or the stamps in your passport, you're going home . . . at your own expense so TRY not to be so arrogant, eh

I'm not being arrogant. Its just you can hardly complain about Thai immigration enforcing their own regulations! They should be doing it all the time. I've always worked in Thailand legally. It does annoy me that so many people stay and work in Thailand illegally. I went to all the trouble of producing the correct paperwork...And yes, everything is at the discretion of the immigration officer. If you always smile and are polite you will never have any problems.

Not true - if you have the right paperwork the immigration officer can't refuse you for not smiling and being rude.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No one's saying the Thais shouldn't enforce their laws; personally, I think people staying here for years on end on visa exempts and tourist visas have most definitely been taking the piss in a big way but that doesn't mean they're working illegally, does it??

You've just put 2 + 2 together and got 5.

A person working online for a foreign client and being paid in foreign currency into a foreign account is breaking the law, yes, but strictly speaking, so is every guy who strikes a deal with a sex worker for the night.

• Like 2

june 26th...1 day over stay...question once ..told i was over stay...then referred to another one...result overstay stamped in passport...this was in the premium lane...

Did you paid 500 bt or not ?

Sorry I'm new here and sorry if this is a little off-topic, but didn't know where to ask. Is there a thread somewhere on this forum solely discussing the new laws on Visas. I thought I saw here or somewhere a statement made by Thai officials of a crackdown on border runs beginning Aug 12.

Anyone know if we have an ongoing updated thread on this news? I looked at the pinned threads but seems like old info.

Thanks!

Not true - if you have the right paperwork the immigration officer can't refuse you for not smiling and being rude.

Are you sure about that ? I have seen immigration officers make the wrong decision and when questioned they hold their ground even if they know you are correct.... Face is what it is called. Nothing is ever for sure here, nothing !!!

Once had it happen to me! Went for a 60 day visit Thai wife stamp. The officer asked for my bank book. I explained politely that it was for a 60 day visit stamp and it's not a requirement. She said I need 400k. Again, politely I explained I don't want to extend for a year, just a 60 day visit stamp is all I need. Wouldn't back down so I left. Came back the next day, saw someone who knew what they were doing and got the stamp. I didn't mention the previous day's issues with the the second officer (and neither should you).

I honestly believe the first lady realised her mistake, but didn't want to lose face. She pretty much waved me away and started speaking to the next punter. My advice? Renew/extend any visas as early as allowed. If you get any problems, you've got time to sort it out.

• Like 1