Time between divorcee and marriage

NCFC

Planning a trip back to Thailand to divorce and marry the next one.

Is there any official time limit that must elapse between receving the divorce certificate and being able to remarry?

• Like 1

Planning a trip back to Thailand to divorce and marry the next one.

Is there any official time limit that must elapse between receving the divorce certificate and being able to remarry?

There should not be a problem for male once the divorce is final. But if your future wife was married before, she must wait for 310days to get a married. Or get a doctor report that she is not pregnant. In case that a woman may prevent with an ex without knowing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I can understand some of your cynicism; however, not all marriages end on a sour note, especially if the couple actually are friends. I have had two divorces and they were both amicable--we simply decided that not being married to each other was preferable. I am still friends with both ex-wives, even though I remarried.

• Like 1

there may be a requirement for you to prove you are single and free to marry. This may take a little while. A divorce certificate
may not be seen as evidence that you are currently single - you could have got married after the divorce certificate was issued. Contact the Amphur and find out the requirements.

Edited by Mudcrab

Getting married in Thailand is like insisting on wearing the same ole pair of soiled shoes and clothes...over and over...when there are new and improved products in every direction...

Yes! About 10 seconds!

Waiting times to your next marriage only come into play when you become Legally Separated and are waiting for the Divorce. The Divorce is the final step and you are free and clear to do as you like the second you have these papers.

In Thailand, you will need these papers to prove you are in fact Divorced. So going to the Embassy of where the Divorce took place and getting it Certified may take you a day or two.