Junta pushing renovation unseen for decades: Thai opinion

webfact

I am here long enough and understand Thai's enough to know betting is illegal :-)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

they are not getting to the root of the problem , as soon as an elected government is in power I give it 6 months before we are back in the same corrupt kleptomanic cycle

Wow only six minutes for the first negative post!

Lets face it , the truth might hurt, but the proof is in the pudding , would you like to place a small number $100 on it happening , you don't know Thai's very well if you think they can sustain this charade for more than six months, my money is on TerryP.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to even inflict a flea bite on this animal of corruption is for the current administartion juna whatever one cares to call it to retain the reins of power for at least two years.Medicine does not always taste nice however if a curing process is started that has to be a bonus.

Preventionof course is bettert than curer, however until the cancerous growth of corruption have been tamed and contained we or rather Thailand and its peoples need and must continue to take unpleasant medication.

This is the last chance, lose this chance and the people of Thailand and Thailand are doomed to failure and a despotic dictatorship.

Remember, there is still fight and venom left in those who benefited from the last administration and its dubiuos policies.The loss of face, power and income is inded a hate inflaming wound.

The current administartion junta must stay in place for at least two years.

There is no real history of democracy as such here, and as soon as a collection of political parties get together to rule ruin the country the people are the losers as we have seen so plainly over the last 10 or so years. The facts now coming to light starkly reveal just how far this cancer of corruption, the abuse of power, nepotism and cronyism has spread through Thailand.

An authoritarian administration is needed with no political , filial or business bias, nothing more nothing less. Abhorrent as it may be to we of western origin it is the only solution to the Asian situation.

I've never heard anybody call it a juna

A grammar nasty speaks forth.

they are not getting to the root of the problem , as soon as an elected government is in power I give it 6 months before we are back in the same corrupt kleptomanic cycle

So are you advocating we keep the military in charge for a while yet?

Because most Thai people are.

I really don't think they get a choice, do they?

Sigh....... The penny has already dropped on the Thaksin cronies, and it looks like it will

continue to drop...clap2.gif I have no side, as I do not have a dog in the fight. However I do

like Thailand and its people, and would like to see good things happen to them. They

apparently agree, as polls seem to indicate Thais are happy with the events of the last

7 weeks of change by Prayuth.

I have been called many things, but naive was never ever one of them. They were

mostly four letter words. You need to move forward from the sadness of the complete

loss of the red shirt power base, and see what is really happening...

If I thought Prayuth was becoming a dictator, I would be the first to criticize him. But

so far everything he has done makes sense. He has muzzled the press to some extent

to prevent dissent which I would do as well. Do some research and see what Thaksin

did to press members who criticized him...

Regarding what is going on, see if you can figure out who funded Suthep........ Or

who funded Thaksin's overthrow. Open your eyes...

This photo came out on Thairath, showing the empty space in the middle of

a stack of rice, hiding 10,000 sacks of missing rice. Gee I wonder if we ever would

have seen this photo if Yingluck was still in charge.......

10350347_320202514801327_768912851367104

Fair enough, live in your own ignorance that this coup is different than the 12 that preceeded it, just dont expect most people not to laugh at you smile.png

Or send me a PM and Ill tell you the real story. It`s sadly illegal to mention the real situation behind everything just now. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Oi! Achara. You wrote a paradox: "Honestly, I don't think patriotism can be taught in school. I don't recall any teacher telling me, as a child, how to love my country. We were just ordered to be at school early enough to line up in front of the flagpole and sing the national anthem as the flag was raised."

Can you remember the words? : "Thailand embraces in its bosom all people of Thai blood

Every inch of Thailand belongs to the Thais

It has long maintained its sovereignty

Because the Thais have always been united

The Thai people are peace-loving

But they are no cowards at war

They shall allow no one to rob them of their independence

Nor shall they suffer tyranny

All Thais are ready to give up every drop of blood

For the nation's safety, freedom and progress."

No, patriotism is not taught in school, is it? You only sang it daily, as a matter of robotism.

Lining children up in front of a flag pole and saluting and singing the national anthem is nothing more than conditioning and brain washing.

This worked very well in the 1930's with the Nazi's, Hitler youth, Fascists and the Communists.

Teaching people why they should be proud of their country and why they should be united during a conflict and how they should conduct them selves during this event and how to take positive action together to find a democratic and patriotic solution.

This comes with great effort and planning, over time and with great perseverance and leadership by the heads of state.

I fully understand TV has its hand tied in terms of posting stories criticising the junta is any way. However I feel that in order to keep any semblance of neutrality and objectivity in this period these propaganda pieces really shouldn`t be cluttering up the "news" section for the same dozen numskulls to heap acclaim upon.

Call that whatever you want but it sure as hell isn`t news.

I believe saying why don't they do this or that is criticizing. Also are they cleaning up there corruption has been asked. It is just no phony baloney things that are being banned.

Pretty much shuts up the red shirts and PTP. Let them come up with some thing sensible And legitimate and it won't be banned. Asking why in a month and a half every thing is not perfect is ignorant. Especially after they have already said in there months when they turn it over to a provisional government there will be lots of work to do.wai.gif

Ok,

Step 1: Become British colony.

Step 2: ...

Agreed. I also would like to see Prayuth in power for two years. This would give him

enough time to root out corruption, and instigate laws to stop it. This is easily done

by simply studying Singapore to see how they were able to stop corruption.

After the two years is up, he should retire from the military and run for PM. He would

win by a landslide, as Thai people begin to understand the benefits of a non corrupt country.

Something they have never seen before in their lifetime....

"Thanks to the junta, migrant workers' suffering is being taken seriously..."

This made me laugh the hardest...clap2.gif

Migrant workers plight came to the fore thanks to the Junta initially being the only government who voted AGAINST ratifying the U.N. treaty punishing perpetrators of forced labor. (not even Gulf States did so).

We should thank them for causing an international uproar that highlighted the problem? Haha... @pravda The Nation rolleyes.gif

Edited by firestar

Overseas trips then taught me in what ways Thailand is superior to other countries, and in what ways we are inferior. Is this the same sense of patriotism that the educators are talking about? I'm not sure.

Herein lays a deep seated problem - for people of any nation to think they are superior to others in any way at all is not patriotism, but evidence of poor education, or indoctrination.

The broader my knowledge of this planet and it's history became, the less admiration I could feel for any group of humans at all. No country is superior, none are any closer to nirvana than a century ago. The richer they get, the less well off their unfortunate majorities seem to be.

If you want your citizens to be patriotic, give them something to feel proud about, and people who can be respected. Money should be considered an evil, not revered. Take better care of your daughters, as your sons don't seem to be up to the job right now.

A post commenting on moderation has been removed. Let me clarify, a post which was anti coup/anti junta has been removed as per this:

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup. Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum guidelines/rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Thaivisa Forum Admin

And now some grammar police posts and replies have been removed.

Edited by metisdead
Added additional comments
  • Like 1

I fully understand TV has its hand tied in terms of posting stories criticising the junta is any way. However I feel that in order to keep any semblance of neutrality and objectivity in this period these propaganda pieces really shouldn`t be cluttering up the "news" section for the same dozen numskulls to heap acclaim upon.

Call that whatever you want but it sure as hell isn`t news.

Odd comment. Last gasp from the dying red shirt support sector on TV ?? So do you feel Thailand is better off or worse off since the 7 weeks of Prayuth's control ? A simple question... Do you

feel sad about the rice scam being exposed ??

If anything is dying its the handful of people like yourself and robblok above who still, quite amazingly, have no idea what the last 8 months have been about. In your child like naivety you think this is a battle against corruption in which good triumphed over evil. With the absence of any real knowledge, you cheer a team like a football match and feel happy "your team" won. Anyone who isn`t quite as naive as yourself, in your eyes, supports the "other" team.

The penny will drop for you guys soon, you`re just a bit like that akward kid in school that needed more time in exams

Finally we get our side in the news that has been suppressed too long

laugh.pnglaugh.png Delusions of grandeur alert. robblok, of TVF forum, is part of the Thai establishment cheesy.gif

Just try and broaden your searches guys, the information is out there, you just got to look for it.

If you believe it is out there why don't you look for it? It would be nice to see an informed post from you.wai.gif

BBC takes on Thailand dictatorship with a 'pop-up' Thai service

Exclusive: After years of criticism over the retreat from foreign language services, the BBC World Service http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10955996/BBC-takes-on-Thailand-dictatorship-with-a-pop-up-Thai-service.html

We'll see how well that works out as social media can and are abused by many.

BTW two minor points on the article

"There are over 13 million in Bangkok alone, a figure that has quadrupled in just 12 months." blink.png

"however, there has been no firm timetable from the military of a swift return to civilian rule."

I wonder what the writer of the article would accept as 'firm' timetable ?

Exclusive: After years of criticism over the retreat from foreign language services, the BBC World Service http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10955996/BBC-takes-on-Thailand-dictatorship-with-a-pop-up-Thai-service.html

"There are over 13 million in Bangkok alone, a figure that has quadrupled in just 12 months." blink.png

"however, there has been no firm timetable from the military of a swift return to civilian rule."

Ive no idea as to the acceptable timetable, probably there isnt one as we arnt too fond of suspending democracy.

The population figure confusion is really easy to explain however. its hardly quadruple or even double... i suspect its a figure based on both 8m + 14m then a % taken of those than have facebook on a certain IP local saying bangkok, inner or outer i doubt theres a separate ip allocated

Bangkok is the capital and the most populous city of Thailand. It is known in Thai as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. The city occupies 1,568.7 square kilometres (605.7 sq mi) in the Chao Phraya River delta in Central Thailand, and has a population of over eight million, or 12.6 percent of the country's population. Over fourteen million people (22.2 percent) live within the surrounding Bangkok Metropolitan Region, making Bangkok an extreme primate city, dwarfing Thailand's other urban centres in terms of importance.

source http://www.fip.org/bangkok2014/Bangkok-Bangkok,-Thailand/2057/Bangkok_General_Information/

Edited by englishoak

Ive no idea as to the acceptable timetable, probably there isnt one as we arnt too fond of suspending democracy.

The population figure confusion is really easy to explain however. its hardly quadruple or even double... i suspect its a figure based on both 8m + 14m then a % taken of those than have facebook on a certain IP local saying bangkok, inner or outer i doubt theres a separate ip allocated

Bangkok is the capital and the most populous city of Thailand. It is known in Thai as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. The city occupies 1,568.7 square kilometres (605.7 sq mi) in the Chao Phraya River delta in Central Thailand, and has a population of over eight million, or 12.6 percent of the country's population. Over fourteen million people (22.2 percent) live within the surrounding Bangkok Metropolitan Region, making Bangkok an extreme primate city, dwarfing Thailand's other urban centres in terms of importance.

source http://www.fip.org/bangkok2014/Bangkok-Bangkok,-Thailand/2057/Bangkok_General_Information/

With

"It is targeting Thailand's 24 million Facebook users, among a population of 67 million Thais. There are over 13 million in Bangkok alone, a figure that has quadrupled in just 12 months."

I wonder if this started under the then Yingluck government rolleyes.gif

Anyway more important is what the article writer would consider a 'firm' timetable. IMHO

Edited by rubl

Agreed, I do know in a very very short time facebook user numbers have literally exploded in Thailand, I wouldnt be surprised if the number of users were quadruple a year ago. Look how fast a growth its had in the world over a few short years as has all top net sites,.instagram etc . I bet you tube use isnt far behind, look what Obama used it for in his campaign, .

Facebook has become a weapon of choice to reach the masses, theres no doubt about that. Thats why attempting to turn back the clock by restrictions is imo futile.

the outer net is on the way too.

Edited by englishoak